WDS Preseason 2 Changes and Feedback

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hot-diggity

I just played for a couple of hours.....

Points reset?
    All the rest seems broken now. I was in the thick of everything for two straight hours and made 20 points. whoop-de-do
  2. SLiCKRiCK

I still think that even with these changes, problems will remain. People just move around the map like a herd for fast an easy WDS points, which takes all the tactics and fun out of capturing/defending a base. Nothing is fun about 1000/1 mob takeovers. And what's the incentive for defenders to sit there and get farmed? They might as well give up the base and go join their own herd that is moving around the other side of the map.

Basically, what we end up with is 3 major battle zones. Each factions is zerging bases at a different section of the map, with relatively low population defending them.

Boring...
  3. PUTRID

The WDS breaks the game; and my computer.
    This game is the most demanding game I've ever seen, which was ok untill recently. Now that every single person on a faction is in the same base, the game lags out and crashes my comp, making it unplayable and possibly damaging. (P.S. 7 cores, 4GB RAM, 2GB video mem on the lowest settings possible.) I am a member and I even donated for my girlfriend's account, but this won't happen again. I'm sure you have lost many more customers than are willing to come on here and tell you. Why do you feel the need to fix what was not broken?
    • Up x 1
  4. Alopix

He's saying that the current rewards are just "test" rewards. They're just testing the drop system at this point. AFAIK the only weapon that is dropping right now is the NS-7, for example, and there are only a couple different camos dropping from it(digital and... forest I think?)
  5. NZSLi

I have somehow ended up with 8x 1 hour 50% experience boosts as part of this WDS thing. What makes this kind of frustrating is that I am already on a 6 month 50% boost as part of the alpha squad package, so I have absolutely no use for this. I think the reward system needs to be a bit more intelligent really - like favour reward types for a most played class or vehicle in addition to random xp boosts that don't overlap existing purchases significantly.
    • Up x 2
  6. snuff

So let's strip everyone's current WDS points? Can someone at least tell me what tier 3 reward was?
  7. BlackDove

The fourth faction is only elusive if youre checking to see if people are stupid enough to have multiple characters on the same station name. Try doing it by IP and youll probably get a higher number than that 1% BS.

Just go on an alert and youll see 60% of one faction. Its about as elusive as crashing to desktop with no error message.
  8. NightHawk043

The rewards are randomised, with a higher probability on some fairly ****** reward and a lottery style probability on something actually useful like a weapon.

So far I've got 9x 1 hour 50% exp boosts from 3 different reward groups.

I was chatting to a BR 100 mate a few minutes ago who has now got 12x 50% 1 hour exp boosts. (twice tier 1, and once tier 2 and tier 3).

Make no mistake, I'd rather a 1hr boost than nothing at all, but still...
    Edit: then again, my BR 100 friend obviously wouldn't care if he got nothing at all, as it's not as if he needs the exp, having been at BR 100 for about 6 months.
  9. SirJollyRoger

I like the ideas that soe is trying to do to help relief the zerging, but I doubt it will help much. The lattice system seems to have enforced zerging, since it is harder not to attack from all sides. There also bottlekneck points on indar that also cause zerging. Lets not forget spawn camping, this has really started to kill the game for me. Once the fight pushing oneside to the spawn room its pretty much a waiting game since no one really seems to respawn to the next back and re-attack.

It would be awesome if you could only stand in the spawn for a time length to prevent people from just shooting through the shields, or something to reduce this spawn camping. The current biolab design is horrible for spawn camping and really can kill those fights.

Amerish atm seems to be easy WDS points, since the populations get so one sided.. (atleast on waterson). One faction caps most of the points on amerish with a huge pop %, than another faction comes in gains the pop% advantage and caps etc etc.

4th faction also seems to be a pain.. If you are fighting an alert on a faction that is servery out populated there is no way you'll win. What also sucks is that if you stay on that side, fight the entire time.. you get crap for XP. Sometimes you can get a good amount of xp if you can find fights that you can get out of spawn etc. I'd like to see the under pops get some kind nice bonus for fighting the entire alert and not running off to the higher % faction.

So soe, if you are looking at ways to stop spawn camping please inform us, I think a lot of people are starting to really hate it, and I have not seen any real posts about it.
  10. chrisarn94

but all I get is three hour long xp boosts. I haven't even seen tier two yet!
  11. ACDC

This game is the evolution of online combat in a synthetic realm. It has the ability to bring out the best and the worst in people. If you are a member and back the game, it means your serious. The gentleman i just quoted told a true story that many of us have witnessed. WDS PRE-season-2 is a test.

I lost just under 1800 wds, ok i can live with that, because it doesnt matter.

What does matter, is shooting people, many times if needed, until they fall down and stop moveing.

I just played an hour, got 100 wds participated in 3 captures killed 16 people died 9 times. Kept my sundy alive the hole time,(resuply sundy) made 8000 xp played every class except a MAX and had a good time.
    • Up x 2
  12. CompletelyDeadCoyote

The system is broken.

I see an easy way to grind WDS points on Amerish:
    1) get a friend in an enemy faction.
    2) Go to small outpost in the far away from main battles.
    3) Your friend captures the point, you reclaim it.
    4) Repeat.

If an AMP Station is far away from the front line enough, same can be done there with even grater profit.

Your system should encurage fighting and not zerg-capping as it does now. Please, look at this post for details: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...why-current-reward-system-is-pontless.172639/
  13. Tryceps

Dear SOE, I see that rewards won't be the best ones this time on another preseason. But I'm very disappointed anyways. Yesterday I received my Tier 2 reward which was a 5 times single use camo - someone else here on this forum received a golden NS7PDW which is worth 2.000 SC and the best thing is yet to come - he already owned it!

Seriously, why couldn't you grant players who are not let's say BR100 like that guy who already own most of the store some useful weapons and give those big guys some nice looking extas like helmets and everybody would be fine ;) I'm just suggesting..

I've been thinking about canceling my subscription so often but when I saw these great new things on the roadmap I've always been very curios. And to be honest, the latest stuff on PST makes me feel very happy! But on the other hand such stupid little mistakes like giving useless rewards or resetting points while events are running occure, too. Even if it's only preseasons, players put a lot of time in it and they're looking forward to be rewarded appropriately, don't make them feel sad after all!
  14. Shadowblight

Firstly, as a disclaimer, I own characters on all 3 factions on Connery. All of which are >BR50. I do not personally "4th faction" though it only makes sense to follow if there's something larger than a 7-8% pop difference to use a faction that is not so under-popped when I pick a faction I decide to play that day.

#1) TR are underpopped on Connery because they frankly suck at any tactics. They 9/10 times go balls deep into places without sunderers, without medics (or exceedingly few medics with potatoes for guns) and engies that have no interest in doing anything besides sitting on turrets when there's a half dozen maxes that need repairs, and another dozen asking for ammo.

#2) This may be obvious, but the TR also never use their command channel. I can't decide if this is just because no one wants to bother/take responsibility, or if they just don't care. Either way, it's lazy. Often, I will hear the VS using theirs, and on occasion NC bothers, though this is less often.

#3) Just because you wish to play on a different experience during a certain time frame is not the end of the freaking world. There's no reason to lock someone to a specific faction like they're chained to it. It then simply discourages factions who might start the alert with a 10% or more pop imbalance against them to just drop the entire alert, knowing that their likelihood of reinforcements is now even further restricted to the red tape of no faction switching upon re-log. Where would that get us?

All of this boils down to: VS on Connery have more teamwork going on, that more people are interested in riding the coattails to victory on. Why can't the NC and TR on Connery just get their own acts together, instead of crying about 4th factioning/overpop ruining their experience? Trust me, the VS would love a good fight... just it's hard to get sometimes.
    • Up x 2
  15. FatFreddy01

Population, 4th faction. I think we (TR) could have pulled it together, and won it, but everyone kept repeating about the population and then we all thought it was impossible. Now the TR has really bad morale, as we're losing by a lot, meaning we give up.
  16. Wutaaa

COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!! I'm constantly getting told to shut up or let the "leaders" give the orders because I'm always opening and closing the map and letting people know when key areas are getting capped. And what is this about not getting a good fight? Go look at Wyndexx K/D ratio... yea I get killed a lot... why? I'M WHERE THE ACTION IS! I look at the map and go to the biggest fight, like an Amp Station or Bio Lab, or even just any random 12-24 or 48+ fight. If there isn't one, I make one as soon as I try to cap territory. NC's response time is ridiculously fast if there are people on, and TR has numbers.... just don't know wtf they are doing half the time :confused:!

Another thing... what's up with the inconsistency of weapon damage output? I blow some stuff up instantly... other stuff I put 8 rockets from the new laser guided missiles on my Scythe and I barely do 5% damage to NC and TR aircraft and vehicles. This also happens when I hit MAXs'. Or how about when I'm unloading a clip into the back of someones head, literally 15m from me and somone else hits me once from the left and I die instead of the person I was shooting... or the GODFORSAKEN LAG?!?

Lastly... SHOW SOME FACTION LOYALTY!!! I ONLY play VANU. I almost never log into the one NC character I created. and after looking over the TR and deciding I didn't like the insectoid looking class, tried it and deleted it swiftly.
  17. DocCruel

Yeah, that's what it is. The TR are just bad players. Probably have to nerf their equipment a bit more, just to be sure.

I certainly expect some serious changes in WDS 2 soon. The NC are winning. Something has to be done to screw them over and ensure the VS win, preferably in the last week or two.
    • Up x 1
  18. ncDieseL

It's the same rewards for all Tiers, they are awarded randomly.
  19. SidCom

You are my hero...!:eek:
  20. Camlost

+1, would laugh again, seriously. :D TR are just bad. All of them.
    • Up x 1