Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ManiaDaWiz

Harder to use-on-the-move gun? Have you played any other faction or are you just assuming? The prowler is by far the easiest to use on the move. Also, it is fast so that you can drive somewhere safe, anchor, blast off a few rounds, unanchor, move really fast, anchor again, etc etc.

I think either you need to reconsider how to play with your MBT or just get better at the game before you start assuming that SOE's changes have crushed your hopes and dreams of being successful with the prowler.
    • Up x 1
  2. RHYS4190

im really not sure the kobolt got enough of a buff if they wanted people to use it more, people are probably going to use the baskalic more now and it free soe there not making any money by making it better.

Vulcun got completely gutted
  3. Alarox

Uh huh.

You have two shots at 250m/s, meaning it is easier for you to get the correct angle and adjustment compared to a Magrider, Lightning, or Vanguard who all have one shot with a longer reload and within only 25m/s difference for velocity. You do not need to equip anchor mode to be competitive. Additionally, while I'm not sure about Prowlers, in a Vanguard and Magrider you can aim up a shot in first person then switch to third and continuously hit without needing to readjust from recoil.

Saying you need lockdown to aim is saying that anyone who can hit reliably at long range with Magriders and Lightnings are ultra-skilled, and 25m/s bonus velocity on the Vanguard is apparently an astronomical difference that makes the Vanguard so much easier to use.

That, or lockdown is a crutch for you because you're terrible at aiming and need 400m/s velocity to do what other tankers manage with 225m/s.

Unless you're saying anyone who can use the other tanks at long range are incredibly skilled, in which case thanks for the compliment.
    • Up x 3
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

I agree with about 95% of the balance changes, which was much more than I expected. Well done SOE!
    • Up x 3
  5. Jeralamo

Other Changes
    • Added bullet drop to VS Shotgun slug ammo because the gravity-free projectiles have been outperforming the other two factions by a large margin
    outperforming the other two factions by a large margin. and NC maxes have always out preformed two factions maxes in cqc
    (not counting ZOE because everyone knows it was a mistake)
    though you guys were going for faction asymmetric balance :\
    i find it hard to believe that VS shotgun slugs have been out preforming by a large margin. did you check the kills with shotguns at ranges of 25+ ?
    Seriously just remove bullet drop. It doesn't matter at all especially when you remove it from all the items it would be useful on, unlike TRs bigger magazines.

This so far is my only little gripe. awesome patch and thank you SOE!!
    • Up x 2
  6. Cyferion

I actually have to agree with Ranik. I would've been fine if the nerf was to Anchor Mode alone, but the Vulcan(TR) and Halberd too? The Prowler is now officially a situational tank which can only win if it can sneak up on another tank or is deployed before engagement. Might as well call it Lightning Tank 2.0 now
    • Up x 2
  7. OldMaster80

I've read all the parts that affect wepons and vehicles I normally use and I can just say: good job.

BTW: Harassers and ZOE are finally back to the real world!
    • Up x 4
  8. Netsurfer733

Win.

Oh yeah, so is the rest of it, too.

Happy Holidays for Auraxians, everywhere :D
    • Up x 1
  9. Morti

Best birthday gift ever.

ty soe
    • Up x 2
  10. SpruceMoose

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. teks

*disclaimer* I'm not trying to start an argument on the official thread. I advocated against some of the prowler nerfs myself.

It is not as bad as you think though, because the prowler was secretly buffed in some areas as well, and I'm not saying this justifies everything, but its definitely going to help counteract some of this.

The reload cert line is your saving grace, it really is. they changed the reload cert line to give a flat bonus. This means, no matter the reload speed, all guns get a max of .5 seconds reduction in their reload timer.
    Observe now how this effects a prowler vs a vanguard.
    Prowler uncerted= 2.5(+0.5 refire) seconds
    Prowler fully certed= 2.0(+0.5 refire) seconds
    Total % improvement= 20% (accounting for 0.5 refire)
    (NOTE TO SOE: Its be mighty nice of you to apply this mechanic change to the lightning some day!!!)

Vanguard uncerted= 4 seconds
    Vanguard certed= 3.5 seconds
    Total % improvement= 14%

On top of this the TR got a nice hefty 100 DP increase per shot with AP. I think its a silent buff to the prowlers. It should further increase the DPS discrepancy between a prowler and any other tank.

You guys are more then just gimmiks!

You wanna know a real gimmik?
    We can STRAFE!

Dont Fret. I know nerfs suck, but this isn't as bad as it could have been. Magriders got hit so much worse in game update 2, and I feel for ya, but you guys can overcome this. There are a great many changes in this balance patch, and if you hold your emotions, and show in an unbiased and objective mannor ways that the changes have made the prowler less viable then its competitors there si a good chance they can be reverted.
    • Up x 6
  12. Ranik

I was actually unaware of that. A nice change for those who would like to not have to use Lockdown. Thanks for the heads up.

And like I've been saying. One or two nerfs at a time makes sense. Nerfing across the board to multiple systems at the same time on the other hand makes none. But we already agree on that.

But strafing actually works for long range :D
    • Up x 3
  13. VonStalin

I like how they explained everything to the level of details. Nice.
    • Up x 2
  14. MGP

So many changes. There should've been a weeks of public testing and gathering peoples feedback. But noooo. Let's just spit it out on live servers and find out have we f*cked up somewhere or not! And spend next month releasing hotfixes...

Some people game developers never learn.
    • Up x 1
  15. devilnaz

and this is the kind of thing that made me cancel my monthly subscription...
    constant nerfing to make it easier for new and inexperienced players
    • Up x 2
  16. Jeslis

Someone quote/reply me and tell me what

"
    • The VS turret shield now has two-way collision (same as the other two factions)"
    Means?
    • Up x 1
  17. teks

Hey, I'm just glad I can make you feel a little better about a crappy situation. I'm a lightning pilot, and we haven't been included in that change yet, and it would be a much needed increase in our DPS, so believe me. I'm freakin jealous.
    • Up x 1
  18. WyrdHarper

These were all on the PTS, some were even on there back in November. A bunch of things were adjusted due to player feedback in the last week alone.
    • Up x 7
  19. sladuog

Thank you for posting detailed notes. These changes give me a bit of hope for the future of this game.
    • Up x 2
  20. teks

I think it means it'll be harder for us to run past our turrets from the back of them.
    Like, If the turret is facing you then its this big object, but I guess when the turret was away from us it was a much smaller target.

Honestly, It was probably more of a nuisance then anything. Because we walk past the turret fine, then back up, and be blocked.