Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ranik

I'm not sure there is actually any reason to field a Prowler anymore. So yeah you are spot on.
    • Up x 3
  2. WWMB

Hahaha, these are totally awesome, but what do they mean?
  3. Desann

One thing I didn't notice: With the changes to the fury, specifically the magazine size, will there be an increase to the ammo resupply amount. It takes a lifetime, it seems, to reload a fury on a sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  4. Makora

I swear there's this ONE guy, one A-hole who reclaims all the redeem codes before Lupreza's finger has even lifted from the "post thread" button. Come on, leave some for the rest of us.
    • Up x 6
  5. Alarox

I know it is hard to shoot with only 325m/s velocity. But I believe that somehow, someday, you and the rest of the TR will find a way to aim with ~50% more velocity than the Magrider FPC and Lightning AP have along with twice the number of shots.
    • Up x 7
  6. ikillyou1990

So, will everyone be offered cert refunds for certain things? Or just the ZOE players? Would love to see a refund on my harasser certs now that it has been over nerfed. Also, can we get a refund for the anchor mode on the prowler? I don't even see that being a viable option anymore. What about nanoweave now that that has been completely changed?

Really going to irritate quite a few players if you offer refunds for just the ZOE users..Some of these changes are rather drastic, ESPECIALLY harassers.

Edit: Would love to see SC refunds as well for weapons bought for the harasser with SC...
    • Up x 5
  7. Tenente

I hope I can finally enjoy myself flying again on my scythe.
  8. ManiaDaWiz

I'm laughing too hard at all the people on the forums and twitter etc complaining about the vehicle nerfs. With the resource system the way it is right now, planetside 2 is literally a gigantic cluster**** of vehicles at most times.

If vehicles are going to remain as easy to acquire as they are, they need to be nerfed. Nobody ever thinks to back out of a fight with a vehicle or play intelligently with it because if you die you can literally just spawn back in with another one (especially if you are a member and have higher resource gains).

If/when the resource system is changed (like Higby wants) and vehicles become WORTH the investment, then they should be more powerful. But until that point, I believe SOE has made the right choice to make them deal the amount of damage that they are worth.
    • Up x 4
  9. janeTEXAS

this is so true LOOL
  10. Akashar

Guess what? I liked to play lmgs on hipfire... With my 35 FPS on average I can't ads all the time, but thanks to this patch, I will have to! Then again, if the changes of tanks weapons don't affect armor combat, i'm fine with them. It was insanely easy to grind infantry with AP prowler, and to put planes out of the sky. Now the lockdown mode is still powerful, but less OP. I guess the hipfire part was to reduce the HA spam, which I can understand, but them being my main class with engineers (for the tanks) I start fearing the next few hours of play...
  11. Iridar51

Wow. Just wow. So many changes to existing features. So many pleasent surprises :)

It just keeps getting better.
    • Up x 5
  12. Iridar51

You can always use an SMG for CQC, as it should be. LMG is a heavy and bulky gun.
    • Up x 4
  13. Gav7x

Finally the ZOE and Harasser nerf hit live server, is great time to celebrate [IMG]
    • Up x 9
  14. ManiaDaWiz

You sound exceptionally mad given how minor of a change this is to the Prowler. You are still going to slaughter anything at range in lockdown, just now you Prowlers aren't going to be able to snipe a liberator from 2000 meters away.
    • Up x 6
  15. ikillyou1990

I will agree the harasser did need nerfed, this is beyond overkill though..
  16. Coltorl

this is the best day of my ps2 life in a long time.

yay for actual competitve NC weaponry
    • Up x 2
  17. Ranik

Frankly it's that they nerfed everything specific to the Prowler. The Vulcan alone looks like it's been absolutely gutted. Combine that with Anchor nerfs and Marauder nerfs and the situation is laughable.

The Prowler is and always has been the worst designed MBT. A fast tank that has a harder to use on the move gun and a special which forces you to sit still along with an ES AV weapon that is close range oriented.... etc etc.

The only thing it had going for it were Lockdown and the Vulcan to compensate for it's insanely conflicted design. Now with both of those heavily nerfed.......

Do you get the picture or do I have to spell it out for you?
    • Up x 5
  18. RHYS4190

look we might be ok 225ms is heat rounds velocity right! +30% which is max anchor mode now it 292.2ms vanguard according to some one earlier is vanguard heat is 315ms so we are behind 23ms with ancor mode and I don't think they touched the rate of fire bonus ether so we are ok!!!! so stop panicking
  19. Aranrya

How will the new Nanoweave work with the Nano-Armor cloak for infiltrators? Will they stack? If so, how?
  20. Snoozzzer

I'm still trying to figure out what got nerfed and what got buffed
    • Up x 2