Server Downtime for Hotfix November 25, 2013 4AM PDT (1PM CEST)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 24, 2013.

1. S7rudL

You should wait another 2 hours or at least 1 hours or so in order to allow the servers to process all the incoming traffic. That is probably the reason why the notice is still up while the servers are already online.
  2. MajiinBuu

I got into the game just fine.
    Deleted my UserOptions.ini file and the game loaded.
    I was disconnected from the server after 5 minutes :(
  3. pavelman

I am sorry.
    The game works. Finally brakes not in the global map.
    :cool::cool::cool:
  4. CowPie

The Double XP promotion was like a shot in the arm for this game. But with the downtime and the problems the latest update created it was frustrating to loose XP and game time to crashes and server downtime. I bought the 1 year anniversary bundle but got cheated a bit buy not being able to take advantage of as much game time as I would have liked when the server is actually busy and rockin'. Why not just extend the double XP or give all players a 3 day XP + resource boost for all the trouble you guys created? Personally I think the points and scoring needs a boost or revamp. It was fun to have the server actually full of people. People actually played on Amerish for a change. I really love Planetside 2 but if you let it dwindle and die then what are we to do? I know that you are running up against the big counsel releases and new titles but I want to play planetside.

What are you going to do for us? I just dropped $60 on this game last week and got screwed.
  5. Sliced

Sorry you don't but I sure do.
    If you like I could record it so you can have a good old bash over it?
    If you never get to those levels then at least you can look at someone who does.
    • Up x 1
  6. Conzb

Is it only me or the game gets lots of problem after the downtime maintanance? Since these bugs never happened to me before, but it happened to me all at once (2 hours game play after downtime maintanance)
    1. Server become "lagging", not necessarily lagging, the surrounding's movement (infantry and vehicle) is normal, but the terminal and objects rendering (appearing in the screen) become lagging
    2. NC unable to be attacked, 4 TR shooting the NC pointblank didn't do any damage. But the NC can do damage. Happened many times, one of them is my friend, I have checked with him
    3. Minimap icon is moving incorrectly with the auraxis layout
    4. One of the Anti vehicle turret in Indar Excavation is weird, very heavy, while the others is normal
    5. During the alert, dahaka amp station that is occupied by TR, is purple coloured (VS)
    6. Flare's countdown timer never stop, keep waiting undefinetly
    7. etc.... suddenly I feel tired writing after thinking of all the bugs that suddenly appeared....
  7. nallar

They've used an odd timezone, they said "CEST" which it would already be done in (GMT+2), but they mean CET (GMT+1) as it's not summer time.
  8. nallar

Bugs 1,2,6 are likely the same issue - high latency. Seems to be fixed by relogging for some reason.

Occasionally ran into bug 3, haven't seen it since before OMFG though.

Not seen bug 4 or 5 before, although there was a report about some bases having broken capture points earlier.
  9. VonStalin

Not helped to EU servers. The same. Or am I the only one now?
  10. Astealoth

This server update completely failed. Worst server lag I've ever seen happening today. Three times in a 2 hour session the entire server had massive desyncing. Everyone was able to run around and talk but no one could do damage, use abilities, change weapons, or enter or exit vehicles. These lagged periods would persist for several minutes.
  11. H4LF

You failed SOE.

Just fix this ******* lag!
  12. Desann

first they have to have the meeting about the meetings for the hotfix meetings after the last hotfix fixed the hotfix that broke the hotfix as a result of the meeting about the original hotfix....ok I'll stop
  13. WyrdHarper

Sounds like we need another hotfix!
  14. 10thRMDredd

We should have some forum rules....

You have to post your age.
    You have to post your I.Q.
    You have to post your E.Q.
    You have to post your educational level.
    You have to post your understanding of programming and hardware.
    You have to post your awareness of mass group psychology.
    You have to post your previous business/administrative history.
    Your system.
    Your game stats.
    How much you have spent.

Then we can all tell if you are worth reading or you are a sun starved, donut filled, low iq, sack of weak, template whines, who, regardless of age is just off his mothers mammary glands has no idea of reality or what SOE are trying to achieve here. Your 'pudgy' attempts to insult SOE and its work is a reflection of your poor self value and limited understanding of the world.

So tired of reading posts, even one liners, to have that little pain in the back of my head when i realize that i just interacted with a life form that i would intellectually wipe off my boot if i happened to tread on it face to face.

Yeah, that all sounds a bit harsh. SOE and its troopers can never say it, so i will for them.

Play the game. Learn the game. Think upon the game.
    Share the game. Evolve the game. Communicate the game.
    Repeat.....

Schwerepanzer1, Foenacious, Dredd74
    • Up x 1
  15. BigCake

So, is double Xp turned off ?
  16. f0d

yep
  17. Desann

SOE is trying, and succeeding at achieving 1 thing, and 1 thing only.

PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    People of all intelligence levels understand this concept.
  18. SGT-Bilko

Please forgive me if I am the only player happy with SOE. My gameplay is fine and the OMFG patch made it much better. I absolutely enjoyed all the time I got with x2, patch/hotfix time and all.

The ONLY thing I want to see is all players with equal access to the game without lag. If I have the same system and connection speed playing EU I should get the same results as US. I play US, east and west, all factions. We have a MASSIVE player base that are EU. I want them in game, all of them. If you want anything more, it is greed. This game is free to play and pay to those that choose to support it, if you wanna leech - feel free, but if you wanna speak please keep in mind that some of us are truly happy with this game, with the one exclusion I mentioned - getting ALL active players active.

We the (dedicated) US PS2 player base - support the (ENTIRE) EU PS2 player base!

Edit:
    And our lovely AU family too :D
    • Up x 2
  19. f0d

i like the game i really do but you cant deny that some people have the right to be bitter at SOE with the way just about everything is unreliable
    from the crashes to the freezes to the launchpad errors and getting stuck at 96% and the problems they have with bundles and more

not everyone has these issues but there is enough of them for it to be a concern

i think SOE could do better imo
  20. DLL2

freeze again i must ctr+alt+del the game....
    • Up x 1