Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. rayvon

Not many people will ever notice the majority of the hacks.
    Theres nothing visible to give away the increased ROF hack or the auto knife one either.
    The teleport is a little more obvious as is the aimbots, but they are all made with the intention of stealth or what would be the point ?
    not that I see the point in hacking may i add.
    • Up x 1
  2. Granderil

300m? Pfff. Month ago i was killed by vanguar several times in a row at NC material storage, he was able to OHK me anywhere, even inside buildings. And he was ~2300m away from me on Mao tech. This guy still plays btw. No justice.
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

The only thing I've seen similar was side to side exploiting (I'm not talking about normal adadadadad).

It was also exceedingly mechanical, there was no variation in it.

And perhaps most strangely there was a door he could have strafed straight into, but didn't.

I imagine you have a reason for pretending such macros don't exist, but whatever it is, it is pointless as they do.
  4. basilbroketail

I haven't seen many hackers, doesn't matter if its Waterson to Miller ,etc . If your viewing streams from Itzmurda, Glorinn etc, if there was blatant aimbotting; it is rare to see that . Maybe once in a month or so .

People need to seriously see this :

and

• Up x 1
  5. blashyrk92

The only obvious hackers I've encountered were Vanguard pilots sniping me with Titan AP as soon as I'd enter rendering distance from god knows how many meters away, all while I'm running Racer III with afterburner on going 320km/h and not in a straight line. It's happened too many times for me to not get frustrated over it.
  6. Chubzdoomer

I've dumped over 540 hours into the game and have yet to see a single blatant hacker.
  7. Posse

Lol, are you kidding me? You can get it on LMGs, what are you talking about?

I've seen 3 or 4 blatant hackers so far, of course I have no way to know about the subtle hackers, but I really don't care about those since they're easy to kill anyway (that kind of guys usually don't have any situational awareness)
    • Up x 1
  8. IBleedblueyellow

if you read cheat website forums, people who run hacks get caught eventually ALL THE TIME. i see people spending 100s of dollars on game keys to keep cheating. its like a disease for them. an addiction. the hack devs have to constantly update the hacks for each patch and detection.

even the paid cheats get people banned constantly. they all get detected eventually and the people either pay for a new account or just give up.

there is alot of downtime between hack updates once they are detected also. these people are scum and get off on disrupting peoples gametime. they upload vids and laugh about it on forums.
  9. Sneakier

The only hacker i saw was a BR 100 with some crazy ninja skills, i supect he was using aimbot, no one can do a over 90º angle turn in 1 microsecond without knowing someone was there

I was in a corner, he walked in the room, crazy turn and headshots me, has soon has his gun passes the door i get head shoted

I reported him, that shot was impossibel
  10. Pat Cleburne

I'd bet money that there are a lot of players running at least ESP and no recoil/spread hacks.

All you gotta do is google PS2 cheats to find forum after forum full of cheaters with pages of posts discussing cheats and how to not get caught.
    • Up x 1
  11. smokemaker

If the aim-botter is good, you will never know.
    If the aim-botter is bad, he will be gone soon.

And with this in mind:

If all you ever worry about are cheats, all you will ever see are cheats, be they real or imagined.

I do not spend any time thinking about that last kill, if it was legit or not. Its a waste of time and feeds your paranoia.

I think SOE is fighting the cheats.

And in most cases anyway, the cheats turn out to be bruised egos.
  12. smokemaker

"... players running at least ESP..."
    Like in-game scout radar or infiltrator radar.....

"...no recoil..."
    Like trigger control.....

"...spread..."
    Like good aiming....

"All you gotta do is google PS2 cheats to find forum after forum full of cheaters with pages of posts discussing cheats and how to not get caught"
    Every FPS out there with a multiplayer component is going to have cheats being made for the game. This is nothing new. Have fun trying to enjoy this game, worrying about each and every death... "was that legit".... "what about that one is that kill legit".... hmmmmmm

Pretty soon, you got to wonder how much fun that can be.

I refuse to let the cheaters ruin my fun.
    Call it playing with blinders on but i at least have found out how to have fun.
  13. Pat Cleburne

I don't worry about it. I'm just pointing out some facts regarding the OP.
  14. smokemaker

roger that
  15. Herby20

.5% of 10,000 is 50, not 500 :p
  16. ViXeN

LOL No 50% of players are not cheating, they are just outplaying you. You guys really need to get over the ego issue and just accept the fact that everyone gets outplayed sometimes. Bruised egos are a much larger problem than real hacking will ever be in games. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  17. Leal

While cloaked I ran out of a spawn room, down a hill, and near a generator, still cloaked, amongst the enemy so its not like this guy was just firing into a group of friendlies, and I got killed by an AV turret. Killed by someone who generally sits 300 meters out, has no zoom function, and followed me with his mouse all the way from spawn to the generator. Mighty suspicious.
  18. Drasilov

Been messing around as an infiltrator today and I cannot fathom how ppl get a perfect headshot first time in 1 second of you popping your head over a ridge? The sight meanders around all over the place and the bullet is subject to ballistics so you need to gauge it perfecty for a headshot with no "warning shots". I get one shotted by infils constantly.
  19. Cromell

If you press Shift while aiming, it will steady the scope for few seconds. Just a tip.

Hackers are in every MP game. If it's a blatant hacker, like the ones that get hundreds of kills in short amount of time, just report them, avoid them. They don't show up very often, fortunately. If it's a "subtle" hacker, pity him, for he can't win without such help, and in the long run, he won't ruin your game. And most importantly, don't bother with overthinking every death, this is not the point of playing.
  20. ViXeN

Many snipers out there only need one shot. Watch this guy's sniping videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgwCyuakD-SXvWit61dJGew?feature=watch