Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Kunavi

There have been certain moments; I have definitely encountered one person who scored consecutive HeadShots like it was nothing on me and my two mates(What was earlier described in here as constantly hearing the HeadShot sound on you), regardless of range or trying to flank them. One other VS soldier reached from R1 to R6 just by consecutively wiping me and 2 other people trying to kill him(We persisted for the LULZ). That guy had default VS weapon and was HA class. It was impossible to fight him in any way.

There has been recently a weird instance- I found a nice hill right at the flank of a rather large NC force on Indar, allies on my back, my squad relatively close too. Good distance from target location, I should be able to see any one trying to reach me. I set up and start picking the NC off, changing positions, cloaking and even peeking about so I did not get SBS'd by some LA who might have noticed me, or strays from other Spawns. After eliminating a good amount of targets a R1 Infiltrator pops out of NOWHERE and wipes me. He did not appear on my Recon Dart either(I'm carefull like that, why the thing did not work I don't know). This happened more than twice and I decided to make one more attempt to see if it would happen again(I was experimenting at that point). It most certainly did. Rank 1, out of NOWHERE, pops me, runs off, did not hear him nor see him coming and I was very focused on not getting jumped- I was baiting. And he would not do it to a fellow Infiltrator on the next hill(Which wasn't far). So I found a high place to observe where the guy hid- Nothing. He never came out unless obviously I went to that particular area, killing off that particular group of NC. Every single instance this guy appeared after the first, I could not PM them. "Invalid Player ID" or "Player48576497856 does not exist" or some thing like that.. And I know I got their name right.

So I deduced I probably OHK'd a person in that group who then logged on their 2ndary(Cheating?) account, did his thing and then went back on their main. Far fetched? Could be... You tell me.

TLDR : All in all I'd say that it's not so prominent as to make PS2 frustrating. Keep /Reporting the blatantly obvious ones and change continents or bases if you do stumble on such players, it will help you stay calm and enjoy PS2.
  2. Phazaar

Less than 0.1%. Haven't seen a hacker for three months or more...
  3. Goretzu

I saw my first left/right/duck/stand macroer yesterday, I was surprised at how effective that was, in making me miss shots.

Not sure if that is allowed or not.
  4. Dis

Hard to tell...quick ttk, derpy netcode- the "subtle" cheaters are out there, and all I can say is this: anyone who uses a sophisticated cheat in a game like PS2 truly is the definition of pathetic.
    • Up x 2
  5. CupidStunts

You know I know.

In PS" 2/3 %
  6. The King

Umm... it's not hard to press
    A D C A D C A D C A D C
    I don't do something that predictable.. but I do press my crouch mostly when I am using something like a striker. All those infiltrators making these noises near my ears. It tickles..I'm sure you did not meet a macroer yesterday.
  7. XRIST0

Uh , yes you can ..

And u can see through smoke easily with it .
    • Up x 1
  8. Theodwulf

Cheaters?!? ..no ..NEVERrrr.. those guys with omniscience, they are just kewler and more skilled than the N00bs! Those guys who almost never miss , they are just Pr0s.
    In reality I think it's a large portion of the player base,which is why the problem hasn't or won't be fixed. The same type of clown that would cheat is the same clown who would want to look the kewlest (ie spend money).
    Just do an internet search for yourself to see just how many services are out there. All those hack services aren't for a mere 1% of the player base. For a game the size of PS2 to have that many hack services says a lot about the sheer volume of cheaters in the game.
    I'll play either way, my self esteem isn't fragile. I know they are cheating and that they are dorks, game set and match..me!
  9. illgot

yeah APB near it's end was full cheat. They knew the game was dying and even the devs stopped caring about cheats (they were too busy packing their bags).
  10. illgot

That guy that ruins your flanking attack and destroys half your squad... nah, doesn't matter that he is using a wall hack, saw you coming through the mountain, and set up mines and waited for you with that UBGL.

The sniper that quick scopes and always hits their target... and if they do not 1 hit head shot, instantly follows up with a second shot... yeah they don't give real snipers a bad name or make it look like snipers are doing fine.

That guy in the tank that can hit you with an AP cannon from 300m away while you are running, completely natural. Then he repeats this to 10-20 other people never using up more than 1 shot to kill anyone.

It doesn't matter because you only see your death. You are stuck in first person and are probably not watching the kill list streaming with that specific players name showing up 9 out of 10 times.
  11. Gheeta

It's quite common for high skilled players to be called cheaters, for me it happens almost every day and i know there are more skilled players than me. I have started streaming to private twitch channel to record my gameplay so now days i just give them the link to the stream VOD. It's so satisfying to shut them up.

I have only seen one cheater in the past month and he was some low br guy standing still on a field headshotting everything on the render distance. It lasted about 5 minutes then he was gone.
  12. hazmat88

A large portion of the "high skilled" players are cheating. But hey!! they are kewl l33t...D000000Dsssss!!! They are like part of the popular clique in school!! I want in SOOO bad!!

P.S. I want their autograph..they're the bestest cheaters ever!! YIPEE!!
  13. ent|ty

A most interesting angle that many might not have thought about...
    As is the case in some cases.

It was the server admin screwing around.

Never underestimate the troll that is SOE.
  14. Goretzu

The speed this was been done it wasn't someone "pressing keys" it was insanely fast, clearly a macro.
  15. tralalog

i have 415 hours in this game, and ive only seen 2 hackers. on was teleporting people out of spawn and off the map, the other was a speedhacker and aimbotter
  16. The King

No, you're just assuming that. It's no macro.
    If it was so fast, you would see them do nothing but t-bag.
  17. sodom

It's hard to tell because the netcode is so mega ******. I often get killed 2 sec after i was shot.

I think a serious number of people is cheating. I got regularly "stream head shooted" by TR/NC heavies at near render distance. AV-Tank sniped while jumping from a cliff and especialy in close combat there are guys that nearly always kill me with "klink, klink, klink" full auto bursts. I often loose 1v1 even if i suprise the other because i'am crit killed.
  18. SinerAthin

I saw most hackers around Planetside 2 launch.

But it seems now that the sad parasites have gone to plague other games. Mostly.
    Can't say I will miss them ;)
  19. Niamar

Subtle = over 50%. These are the guys that push the button to use their cheat. The ones getting caught are leaving the cheat on. And everyone in this thread that said 5% or less is using a cheat or they don't even play this game.

Obvious cheats I see every day, the easiest to spot are the speed, moving through terrain and lag switch users.

1% my @-t+(s*2)
  20. LordCreepy

the netcode of this game sometimes goes full ****** - how could you tell someone is speedhacking or lagging.
    a friend of mine had problems with his cpu timer not being synced with the game or something along the line - he literally used to warp around in GU8-11 for other players while for himself he walked normaly but everyone else was warping.

you don't see more than maybe 1% if at all that are obviously aimbotting.
    the subtle ones ? I really don't know ppl could just be good you will never be able to tell