Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. hazmat88

Aimbotting, even those that use it in a subtle way letting some bullets miss.

How bad do you think? Percentages?
  2. Oreo202

Less than 1%. I notice hackers less than once a month.
    • Up x 10
  3. dBMachine

BR50 and I've never seen 1 single person that I've suspected of aim botting.

I've seen a couple hackers though.... Only a couple. And they were super obvious by doing stupid stuff in enemy warpgates and stuff like that...
  4. Blarg20011

Seen a couple of aimbotters/hackers that were really obvious so far, and that's in a couple hundred hours of play.
  5. illgot

Here is how I gauge how much cheating is going on.

I go to the cheaters web site and look at their forums activity and read some of their posts.

There are a lot of cheaters but in a first person shooter they are not obvious.

When the headshot sound first released, people were being caught by other players because all they would hear is "PINK PINK PINK" dead. Then the hack coders changed it so you randomly hit the body and head, no more 100% head shots.
    • Up x 1
  6. Geneaux

I'd say 15-35%. But thats just based of experience and opinion. It's really up to yourself to decide.
    • Up x 3
  7. ViXeN

Yeah, i'd agree with this.
  8. Geneaux

This.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kimble

illgot I am going to quote your post from another thread because it really explained this well. I played APB too when it first came out and it opened my eyes to how prevalent cheating is in these online games.

Really if you do not cheat you are at a big disadvantage. I played this game for months and the past few days has got me thinking I might need an indefinite break. I knew when to quit APB for good (and I did) and PS2 is about at that point now for me.

"I believe cheating is more pervasive than people realize.

My experience with cheating with another free to play game APB Reloaded.

On the G1 servers of APB Reloaded the "skill bar" is set pretty high. I am at best average compared to the over all population.

I accept this, I am not great at shooters.

Then a Russian based company, Innova, bought the rights to APB and released the title for the Russian customer base.

I tried Innova and was blown away at how good I was there. Even with basic weapons and no character upgrades, I was usually the MVP of each mission with the highest number of kills and mission goals.

Why was this? Innova uses an anti-cheat program called Frost and none of the big cheat sites had cracked it at the time. On top of that Innova also hired GMs to police their servers, so the combination of an uncracked anti-cheat plus active GMs meant very few people were cheating.

This showed me how real players play APB. Real players acted a lot like I did. Real players made mistakes and could be flanked. Real players missed shots and lost missions. Real players could be caught off guard.

Sadly Frost has been cracked and you can see it in how people are playing. Just like the G1 servers they are aimbotting, trigger botting, wall hacking, using ESP, and are impossible to flank. The good thing Innova is they still use GMs to police odd behavior and bans the most obvious players quickly.

Cheating has become so prevalent in games that unless a person is obvious it is easily over looked.

I have little faith in any anti-cheat program used by a Free to Play title. The only thing that really thins out cheaters is a lot of active GMs or having to purchase/register your game with an active credit card."
    • Up x 10
  10. deggy

Seen one suspected aimbotter
    One failed aimbotter (reported me because his aimbot didn't pick me up. Absolute genius, that one.)
    And two blatant hackers: A Galaxy speedhacking on Mattherson (anyone who played that week remembers it, it happened like 8 days in a row) and a shotgun-wielding, flying Infiltrator.
    • Up x 2
  11. HadesR

Hard to say since you pretty much only see the blatant hackers .. The ESP's , No CoF / Recoil etc subtle hacks slip under the player radar and you don't see them.

No one can say with any certainty they defiantly haven't seen a hacker .. You just don't know you have seen one :)
    • Up x 5
  12. illgot

less than 1% based on what you observe.

Do you think the programmers of these hacks want every player that uses their program to get noticed immediately?

Think of how much of an advantage you would gain if every enemy player was highlighted, you could their health, and they persistently showed up on a radar overlay.

You would play like a god and no one could say you were cheating because... you are still aiming manually and you still die.

These are closet cheaters, you won't catch them and SOE will never catch them.
    • Up x 5
  13. Liberty

Its probably less than 1%. The obvious ones (flying around, no clipping, speed hacking etc etc) are easy to spot and they are very easy to remember. The subtle hacks are *VERY* hard to pin down, simply because of the way CoF works in this game. I've had at least 3 cases where I've reported non obvious hackers (one who was at the time, top 10 scores on the server) and nothing was done for weeks. (Used simple /report). It wasn't until I was lucky enough to grab some video evidence that I felt like the players were actually looked into. One never logged in again (assumed banned) the other made a clever second account, using his old name with a "2" on the end of it. He was back up to level 24 ish before I ran into him again. Reported again, nothing happened. Next time I ran into him, got video another video and a few days later never saw him again.

As a note, this all happened in the first few months of the game. Recently (within the past 2 or 3 months) any time I've reported someone (subtle or otherwise) I can't think of ever running into them again. To me, it seems like the GM's have gotten much better with spotting, catching, and banning without requiring video proof. (I don't know if they have a better way of detecting cheats now or what).
  14. Vastly

I don't worry about hackers I don't know I've seen. "Not being obvious" is just another way of saying they die like everyone else.
  15. mpal

I'd say there are far fewer cheaters in this game than pretty much any other f2p fps.
  16. OmegaPREDATOR

I saw more cheater few month ago (especially 1 guy who defeat a squad in a watchtower during 30min - we kill him a couple of time with help of MAX but everytime you pass behind him -see is back- he return instantly and kill you with few bullets. There was not the HS sound at this period, but it was HS for sure. Even after reporting him several time I can see him who still play the game time to time). A guy who was call RussianCheater2 clearly use aimbot but can't be report cause his name is not know by the game.

I saw I aimbot few days ago in a biolab, I kill the guy 3 time with my grenade launcher (yes I farming some times when ten MAXs just wait near teleport rooms and I can do anything else). I try to tell him sorry and I will stop for let him pass but he was disconneted when I try. 30s later he reappear killing every single guy he see in its way.

The most used hack is teleport one with cheaters behind the ground killing every one, and you also can still find guys who are always behind you (even in open field). Also some us a mix of aimbot/teleport/invisibility to OS every single ESF who fly in a part of the map (3 times the same guy at the same place at high altitude even in moving to evoid skygard shoots).

See also a flying flash last time with unknow name by the game (just push 'q' on him and do a tell to have is name but when reporting he can't be found) and a speed hack sundy who ride at 300km/h and fly on the moon near mao tech plan (also killing allies and enemies vehicules bumping them). This one was report by hundred of players.

I still think the PS2 anti-cheater is a joke. Only massive reports give a 3 day or 1 week ban (ESF kills with dalton give a lot of reports) and only cheaters who use aimbot for long long time could be ban. As mentionned upper some cheats allow to not be found by the game when reporting and no report = no ban.
  17. NinjaTurtle

Loads, absolutely loads. Everyone that kills me is a hacker, it's the only explanation
    • Up x 10
  18. KenDelta

5%.
    Aimbot isn't ***** , been killed by 1 during my stay in this game and I got over it. this isn't CoD or BF or any other SMALL shooter that consists of teams, aimbot hackers can't do much in such a large battle focused game , only reason someone whines about them is because their K/D is going down , but if you ask them they go "NOP , WE DUN GIV A BUCKET BOUT OUR K.D , WE JUST WANT FAIRNESS"
  19. Masterofm

2-5% tops in PS2.

APB never had any anti hacking software at all so people just went ape on it and anyone who was still playing the game was pretty much hacking or had just shrugged and realized that is what the game was going to be. I think though they brought a form of anti hacking software online and began handing out bans.... until they realized 60% of their cash shop users were hackers as well. Suddenly unbanned a bunch of them if they promised to never do it again..... *rolls eyes*
  20. LT_Latency

Not many, it used to be really bad in the first few months, but it died off after a while.

I have never see a single player where I was getting totally ownd and though WoW I don't have a chance against this guy since 2 or 3 months after launch