Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Trebb

I was playing yesterday, and the GM came across with the usual 'SEND /TELLS TO ME WITH THE CALLSIGN OF ANY HACKERS!!'

So I replied that there were some NC hackers, and they bothered me because now I cannot use my own terminals or turrets :*(

He replied back asking if I had a specific name to report.... lol.... /sigh
  2. Masterofm

One thing on this. Take a F2P model. Guess how many people use the cash shop and support the entire game and all its devs. Guess. If you were able to guess 5-7% you would be correct. The whales are all it takes to support the entire game, the forums, the salaries, the everything. That's it. People who use a cash shop are also statistically likely to use it more then once.

If it is 2-3 people writing hacks and they make up for 1-2% of the entire population then they still make a good amount of money. Many hack sites are also subscription based. So you pay a monthly fee to gain access to the most recent versions of one hack or another so they will be able to beat out the anti hack software that is implemented. Not only that, but many hacks that are programmed work for other shooters then just PS2. Make a hack that works for PS2, CoD, and a few other shooters and you can survive on only netting 1% of the population of each game.

It's a whole bunch of BS, and hackers and cheaters should have to rely on their actual skills. I don't see why people take such hollow victories, but some people are morons. Yet it doesn't take tons of people to sub to a hacking site to make it profitable. Get even 200 people at 15 bucks a month and you now make 3k a month.
  3. MonnyMoony

i'd say its worse than some are making out. The number of times I have been killed by people who seem to turn on a sixpence and land every shot, even with weapons that have significant scatter on full auto makes me suspicious.

Even when I have had chance to carefully line up a shot and take it without my intended victim realising - I cant kill them as fast as I seem to get killed. I have opened up on somebody who wasn't even aware of my presence - and held aim on them - but still been killed first when they turned and returned fire. Once or twice I can understand - but it happens far to regular for me to think its all above board. I have been playing games long enough to know its not simply a lack of skill on my part.

I also think a lot of people use "sixth sense" hacks - to either know where you are, or to tell them when they are being targeted.
    • Up x 1
  4. Trebb

This, and coupled with my bad lag (almost always 200-400ms) and it makes me rely on one shot cheese. Too many times I've gotten the drop on someone, then they just jump-180 and TINKTINKTINK, full headshot death. So now I just take the extra second, and line up the perfect grenade launcher one-shot-one-kill. Good luck cheating when yer dead!
    • Up x 1
  5. Drasilov

I've pretty much stopped using my primary weapon as 99.9% of the time I am killed first even if by some miracle I get the jump on someone. I now use my RL almost exclusively - if I don't get a one shot kill I'm dead anyway so why bother with an MG? I don't bother fighting at all if I can help it playing a medic or engineer.
  6. ViXeN

This.... Absolutely. What people don't realize (due to their egos) is that 99% of the time when you die there is a reason for it that does NOT involve hacking. Listen guys, take some advice from someone who has played against some of the best players you will ever seen pretty much since I first started gaming competitively: No matter how good you think you are, you are still going to get outplayed and most of the people who kill you aren't cheating. Personally, I have a pretty big ego myself when I'm gaming. Yeah, its shocking I know. LOL But I never assume someone is hacking just because they killed me.

Remember the WalterWhite incident from a few months ago?

When he posted that video of him sniping me in a duel, a lot of people accused him of hacking but there was one person who didn't and that was ME! :eek: Why you ask? Why was I one of the few people actually defending him on the forum? Its simple: I know that there are a lot of snipers out there who can easily make shots like that because I have played with them and against them on many games. The first mistake I made in the video was not realizing that he had moved away from where we were dueling so he could get a better shot on me. The second mistake I made was when I jumped. If I would have stayed on the ground as I ran through the bushes I would have reduced my chances of being sniped in that situation. When I was actually in game, the thought that he may be hacking did cross my mind, I'll admit that. But I always give people the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that I get accused of hacking almost every day on games and I have never cheated (not just hacking) on any game ever. I won't even use weapons in games that I feel are too cheap.

Want another example? Okay, when I posted one of my big kill streaks on here, I had several people accuse me of hacking due to the fact that I was using the orion and got a lot of head shots. Remember this?

[IMG]

I did this after a certain high ranked player on the game told me I wasn't good because my percentage of headshots in game was low, even though I explained that I rarely go for headshots. Its safer to go for the easy torso shots in most situations so that is what I do. So after he said that, I decided to prove a point to him and went on a headdshot rampage just to show I can hit them when I actually want to hit them. And what happens as a result? I got accused of hacking. LOL

Want to know how I did this with the Orion? Its easy. As I am carefully rushing through a base, I try to keep the crosshairs where I think a player's head will be if they come through a door or around a corner. Then I usually just have to make a minor adjustment. There is no hacking involved, its just experience and skill. Almost any good player can do this if you put in the effort to practice. :rolleyes:

The point of all this is that there is almost always a good explanation for why you died in any given situation and it doesn't involve hacking. Just put your ego in check, accept the fact that you were probably just outplayed and move on with your life. If you get that angry over dying then you obviously worry about K/D a bit too much. ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. OMGSquirrel

I think aimbotting has almost been eliminated, and most of the other hacks that I have been reporting until recently are due to game bugs or server/player lag; warping, aircraft taking zero-burster damage, infiltrator cloak visibility on certain settings, dying to nothingness etc. Huge improvement since 7/8 months ago.
  8. HadesR

A lot less than the Doom mongers think ...
    A lot more than the " Everyone haz skillz " people think ..
  9. Corporate Thug

I hit reply on umbrellapower's post so you guys can read again. I'm quite sure most people do not bother to even check out other player stats when you think they are cheating. Check them out, then make accusations. I'm sure there are still cheaters out there but not as many as some of you think. I get accused of aim botting lots of times and it gets annoying when you try to talk to the person and explain what you did such as already ADS'ing when coming around the corner or what they did wrong and they aren't receptive. I do not cheat and I think it's pure f*ggotry so I understand how people can feel about cheaters but to save both you and the person you expect some frustration, check them out FIRST.
  10. Goretzu

There's plenty of people using subtle cheats in PS2, there's plenty of good people in PS2.

One doesn't disprove the other.
  11. VethEU

12. Goretzu

13. MonnyMoony

This is not about ego - it's about simple game mechanics. I know i'm nowhere near the best player in the game - and when an enemy player outclasses me, fair enough. Its great to go up against a good player and get a revenge kill on them - I myself like playing cat and mouse games with good enemy snipers - its very satisfying to finally take them out.

But - there are some kills where you just know there is something dodgy about it. I have been killed by people using semi-auto pistols and LMGs from distances where a BAR with a 12x scope would be a difficult shot. The game mechanics governing scatter, damage drop off, recoil and bullet drop mean that landing every shot from such a weapon from such a distance is virtually impossible even if you have time to allow the recoil to subside and your target stays standing completely still.

I'd say the number of kills of this nature has subsided massively since I first started playing - but I have no doubt there is a significant minority still using subtle hacks. There may not be too many blatant aimbotters around, but I wonder how many people use hacks to reduce damage drop off, recoil or scatter. Reducing any of these would give you a significant edge even if you had to aim manually.
  14. The King

Define plenty....
  15. Goretzu

A significant proportion.

The further problem with aimbotters is they tend to outweight their numbers because they are so "good".
  16. Skandis

Seeing how I'm not great at shooting, a straight up fight usually leaves me with a 60% chance of surviving.
    So I LA with a shotgun.

Needless to say I've yet to see a single person do a 180 when I'm coming up on them before I shoot.
    There's obviously hacking (like every other game), but for me it's an negligible amount.
  17. The King

And how do you know?
    Proof?
    Yes, everyone here is just typing just to type, not knowing the actual facts, just assuming.
  18. Goretzu

You think that many consecutive headshots with a carv is just good aiming? o_O
    |
    V

Are you arguing that aimbot software doesn't exist for PS2? (What about the youtube videos of it in action and all the blatent hackers PS2 has seen?)

Or that it does exists, but no one is using it for some reason? (why? They do in all other games)
  19. The King

Wow, really?
    I stated a fact.
    If you're going to quote me, why don't you read what I stated, and read who I wrote it to.
    At least, try to comprehend.
  20. Goretzu

I gave you proof and asked you what exactly you were arguing.

You can't seem to deal with the proof or indeed say exactly what you are saying.

Which makes me wonder why you're even posting in this thread? o_O