Please stop calling the Scatmax OP

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BH Brigade, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Izriul

Funny thing is, ZoE hasn't been nerfed yet, once it is, expect the NC max to be next on the hit list again, something you NC whiners have failed to realise and due to the amount of whining you have done about ZoE I'd expect a million threads to pop up just out of spite, one of those what comes around goes around kinda things ;)

Since double XP is over and the novelty has worn off I've seen far more NC max's than either TR/VS
    • Up x 1
  2. Jac70

The major imbalance that still exists is the ttk of the NC Max on troops. Whilst the VS and TR Max can kill troops quickly they can still evade and live for an extra .5 of a second or more. The NC Max kills instantly and you're insane if you think that .5 of a second doesn't matter, there is a gulf in effectiveness in CQC.

That .5 of a second is enough time for an LA to detonate their C4 or for a HA to fire their rocket.
  3. AdhesiveGhost

It takes longer to drop and detonate than .5 seconds. Many a time have I gotten obliterated by a ZoE or TR max because of the lapse.

The NC max has zero range. Don't rub your face on it if you don't want to be killed. Take them at range. If they're inside a building, toss grenades with your team to soften them. If you don't have a team, stop playing a team-based game.

The only reason you lot are ******** about it is because you can't adapt and change your tactics to deal with a different kind of enemy.
  4. Nargot

This difference only applies if you are standing toe to toe to the max ... even in medium sized rooms, from one end to the other, you can unload both shotguns without the enemy beeing dead, isnt that a major imbalance by that definition?

Give me the range of other maxes and we have a deal.
  5. Jac70

You people don't stop talking outta ur ***** - 'oh noes, outside 15m I can't instagibb troops'. welcome to the world of VS Maxes at all ranges. FFS

Everyone knows they're OP, even the NC do. How do we know this - what's the 1st thing they do when enemies enter a base they are holding. They all rush to put Max suits on.
  6. Khyrin

No, brainiac, i mean MAX vs Infantry, because that's the only valid point you could cry about all the farking day.
    NC MAX kills Infantry in 2 shots, and kills MAXes in 16-18 shots, that's unachievable without optimum range and extended mags, if you still want to cry about one MAX being able to kill another MAX with 2 FARKING SHOTGUNS IN CQC faster then you can kill him YOU HAVE NO FARKING POINT.

Not to mention that the NC MAX hs to spend a minimum of 1250 certs for a second shotgun and extenden mags on BOTH since he NEEDS 16 shots to kill the MAX in 5 seconds!

What do you want, nerf the Shotguns even more? Maybe make them reload after each shot?, Would that farking please you? Would you stop crying then because you get killed by a CQC dominator weapon in CQC?

Get a farking point, mister, until then, good day, and die to shotguns!

Newsflash:
    Dual Cosmos can kill infantry in 1 second at 10 meters, without ZOE, thats the borderline of NC effectivness.
    Learn to use ur MAX, it's one of the best since GU8, you just need to learn to use it, which the NC had plenty of time for since we pulled them for months, and VS only used them as Burster platforms.

Getting sick of this crying, NC MAx already got nerfed, what do you want now? Shoot him with wet toilet paper, so it doesn't scratch you sensitive ***?
  7. Bape

A 2 month old threat and it still alive with over 500+ replies lmao this thread was made before the nerf and max update. NC max is up compared to VS/TR maxes at 10m+ range now and if you still die by a fuken NC max you are just a bad player and Learn 2 FUKEN PLAY. Get the **** out of you're ***** and play the fuken game rather spending it in the forum crying about something that was nerfed harder then anything that been nerfed.
  8. Chewy102

Mattock VR range test

Mercy VR range test

Im sorry for not having a video for the VS MAX, I was to lazy to remake it for the 3rd time from them being outdated or changes not being put in patch notes till well after I finished recording, editing, and uploading.

In those 2 videos you can clearly see that a dual Mattock MAX can NOT kill a MAX without a reload. At 0m it takes 15 shells for Mattocks to kill a MAX, they only hold 12 total, and a dual Mercy MAX can kill another MAX without reloading up to 20m. There is no way a Mattock MAX can kill another MAX in a 1v1 fight without getting a MASSIVE drop on the other MAX or spending 500-1,000 certs for extended mags. Even WITH extended mags a dual Mattock MAX can only kill another MAX up to 10m without reloading in perfect conditions. Still half the kill distance of a stock Mercy MAX after spending 2,000 for the NC MAXes most ranged weapons AND 1,000 for extended mags. Don't even bother to say "use slugs". They take 21 hits to a MAX at 0m. 21 slugs! That's over the max mag count WITH extended mags for everything but Grinders. It only get worse with each meter added thanks to the high chance to miss.

Iv debated this before the shotgun nerf and it wasn't much better. Mattocks didn't get changed that I can recall but for a buff to the pellet spread. Hacksaws on the other hand still didn't do good past 10m against MAXes. I video proof of that.

Before nerf Hacksaw

Post nerf Hacksaw

Guess how much ammo is needed for a NC MAX to kill a MAX at 20m. It now takes Mattocks 27-33 shells to kill a MAX at 20, Hacksaws need 78. Seventy ******* eight! All while any dual Mercy MAX can kill any MAX up to 20m in a single firing without reloading and have the 350 rounds still in EACH ammo pool.

Shotguns SUCK for anything but indoors or being a doorman. Even Bio-labs have rooms and hall ways big enough (15m+) to make NC MAXes ****. Id rip off the Mattocks off my arms right now and buy dual HMGs if I could. So what if I can't instantly gibb anymore at <5m, Id be able to use my MAX at and PAST 50m for AI work if needed. Id be able to cover anything I need to, be it courtyard or rooms, with a HMG. The fact that NC MAXes STILL only have shotguns against HMGs is ******* with MAX balance. In my opinion for as long as NC MAXes ONLY have shotguns and TR/VS MAXes keep HMGs the NC MAX will always be UP.
    • Up x 3
  9. Goretzu

Look at the stats, they update them daily (supposedly) but it's for average per hour (over everything), not average per hour (daily or hourly or anything elsely).

The top 11 haven't changed for the past 2-3 days now either.
  10. Goretzu

I knew this:
    wasn't right.

Mathmatically it wasn't possible, nice to see video evidence too. :)
  11. Goretzu

I knew this:
    wasn't right.

Mathmatically it wasn't possible, nice to see video evidence too. :)
  12. EViLMinD

NC SCATTMAXES ARE OP IN CQC !?!

It's true.

How are they at mid-range?

Terrible.

The other faction's Maxes?

A hell of a lot better than the NC. Shotguns are pretty much useless at range. Mattocks are the closest pellet spread but hey suck beyond 20 meters.

Hmm. So, it's a trade-off?

Yes.

So, why are players from the other factions whining?

Because, someone ALWAYS will. Failure is difficult for some people to accept. They'd rather find quick and easy excuses for their lack of success. These types of players are referred to as scrubs... nubs... (cert) crops... or cannon scatt-fodder.
  13. Goretzu

Look at the stats, they update them daily (supposedly) but it's for average per hour (over everything), not average per hour (daily or hourly or anything elsely).

The top 11 haven't changed for the past 2-3 days now either.
  14. Khyrin

Some mod should close this since the origin of the post is outdated, it got handled by the devs and this is just an useless necro full of whine and counterarguments of angry NC that are sick of people still demanding more nerfs because they can't accept that the NC MAX isn't even the king in CQC anymore, anything an NC MAX can do to antoerh MAX, 2-3 heavies with semi or auto shotguns can do to.
  15. Hagestol

Why do they still score far better and kill far more now pr hour than the "OP" ZoE comets? They got nerfed yes, but apparently not enough.
  16. Phrygen

Comets are AV weapons that can serve as anti infantry. Comparing them to scats is stupid. You are making silly posts because you dont want zoe nerfed. I dont care about zoe one way or the other personally.

And the reason, if we are to compare. Is that one is anti infantry and racks up scores in bio labs, and the other is not anti infantry. Compare it to tje blue shift if you must
  17. Hitback

Amazing logic.
  18. ({x})Kyoji

MAX suits are infantry. Infantry battles are close range. The game is based on holding points in small rooms. Scattmax is still OP. Sorry. I am all for giving the NC a longer range weapon, but as it stands now the NC max is the best for defending points and doing things that matter - not running around trying to snipe people in a max.
  19. Nargot

God its so useless to write in this forums with ppl like you around.

You basically cannot kill anything outside that "unbalanced" range, and thats how its balanced. But what am i writing here... you complain about your VS-Max, any VS-infantry zerg brims over with MAXes these days. (Inside/outside doesnt matter...)
    • Up x 2
  20. asmodraxus

Lets see a close range weapon with massive armour that instagibs infantry, where the most important combat is guess what close range?

Question do the TR or VS max units have instagib weapons, or is this just for NC?

Yes I am all for giving the NC a Guass cannon for their max unit (a slow but hard hitting machine gun type of thing, the developer who stated that the NC would be the CQC empire needs to consider how many cap points are in the open and then take that amount as his/her pay check), at the cost of losing the instagibbiness.