Please stop calling the Scatmax OP

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BH Brigade, Mar 12, 2013.

1. BH Brigade

So, yesterday on Connery my outfit (Hostile Takeover) and I were defending crimson bluff watchtower against a VS zerg. We got about 3 scatmaxes, a medic, and some engis and just sat in the room with the C control point, and proceded to gun down VS troops trying to rush in the door for about 20 minutes. VS were screaming in chat about how op scatmaxes are the whole time. Not one enemy tried to throw a concussion inside, and not one person tried to throw a flashbang in. They just kept running in, trying to shoot us with carbines and LMGs. This is why people scream OP, they don't use the options available to them.
    • Up x 29
  2. FnkyTwn

Agreed. Obviously TR and VS Maxes could do the exact same thing, so whats the problem?
    • Up x 45
  3. PaladinZERO

I hear the same thing said about tanks, unlike tanks, the scatmax is OP. Tanks got nerfed, hopefully the scatmax does too.
    • Up x 24
  4. ElCreepo

Stupid lemmings should stop running into a defended room.

Did I get that right, Prowler guys?
    • Up x 8
  5. Jac70

Yeah, swap that situation around so it was a few VS Maxes or TR Maxes guarding that door. They would have been overrun in seconds. I've been in similar situations myself and tried throwing grenades through the door, putting down mines, using C4 etc.

The issue is the moment you break cover you are dead. With the TR/VS Max you may have a second or so to pick a shot. With the NC Max you instantly die. Plus if they are holding a choke they know that all they have to do is hold that door, they don't have to expose themselves to any threat.
    • Up x 42
  6. Kracken

Erm..what Max goes down in one shot?
    • Up x 3
  7. Eclipson

No they couldn't. Out maxes do not kill nearly as fast. The NC are so dang protective of their Max, I haven't seen one NC admit that it is kind of over powered at CQC. Its honestly why I avioud Biolab fights with the NC. They just put some maxes and engineers at each point. Its boring to just get shot down every time we try to make progress. When all of the Maxes get flame throwers, we better not see a single NC player complaining about them being OP at CQC, because that would just be hypocritical.
    • Up x 17
  8. Eclipson

He meant, that the person attacking the NC Max instantly dies.
    • Up x 2
  9. BH Brigade

I'm thinking that the other Maxes should be buffed, not the NC nerfed. Right now the NC max is the only halfway useful MAX in the game. These things are supposed to be indoor walking tanks, good for point defense and very hard to kill if supported correctly. Right now, the only Max that can do that is the NC one. I think that the VS/TR MAXes are UP, not the NC max OP.
    • Up x 11
  10. AzK

[IMG]

Don't upset him.
    • Up x 24
  11. Kracken

Fixed
    • Up x 1
  12. drNovikov

If a light assault silently flying into the room or dropping from the roof and oneshotting people is not OP, why a big slow noisy metal monster with 2 3-barreled heavy shotguns oneshotting people would be OP?
    • Up x 4
  13. MarlboroMan-E

And he's right. It is instant death against the scatmax within close distance. Which is what inside a room is. OP? Maybe, even probably.
    • Up x 4
  14. Kracken

I made this wallpaper for you all so you can cry, love, hate whatever over the awesomeness that is the NC Max!

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  15. Skin

The ones with C4 stuck to their backs.
    • Up x 5
  16. drNovikov

Flashbang, concussion, rocketspam.
  17. GhostAvatar

You realise when a scatmax is OP when it takes down a hacker several times (a few times with the hacker in a Max suit) in a row in less than 2 seconds.
    • Up x 9
  18. TintaBux

I own scatt maxes, people just play stupid and call op, proper players own them, as its' not hard.
  19. DankFist

While very useful for clearing infantry, this wont work on MAX units that already have their sights on the door. Unfortunately, you can still Q-spot enemies while affected by a flash bang.

Scenario: Flash bang goes off, Instantly Q-spam the door, Red/Purple doritos, shoot said doritos.
    • Up x 6
  20. BH Brigade

Flashbang, then run into the door as LA while jetpacking, hacksaws will be aimed at person level on the door. If you jump jet while going into the door, the shotguns will hit your feet, then drop your c4 and detonate. Maxes dead.
    • Up x 5