Lancer and Phoenix should one shot infantry like other AV.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Livefire, May 26, 2013.

1. Hitback

Yes what this game really needs is more one shot rocket launchers/weapons....
  2. Livefire

Your last part of your statement of all the lancers faults answered your own question. A 5 second charge up time you can not control when fires is a pretty big draw back. Any soldier you kill that stood there for that length of time for you to OHK him deserves to be dead as a sniper would of taken his head off much sooner then that, hell a double body shot with bolt action is faster then that.
  3. Winfield

No. A lancer oneshotting infantry? Who needs snipers anymore! Let's just camp hillsides with lancers and get rid of the enemy! hooray!

No. A Phoenix oneshotting infantry......Not even going to say much..I'm NC so I know just how OP that stuff was when it was released, even though it does feel lackluster at the moment, I certainly do not want it to be an infantry farming machine.

If anything, I don't think the OP understands the scope of this game. Oneshotting missile launchers might work in games where there are few players and the classes are set in a way that few players have them, but when you have a game like planetside 2 where there can be 50 heavy assaults stood on a hillside with support classes, they would absolutely DESTROY anything with a tool like infantry oneshotting lancers

I still think that lancers are OP, but that's not necessarily a fault in lancers, but the rendering issues of the game because I can't see where the lancer shots are coming from.

Call me a b#tthurt Vanguard driver, I get killed by a lot of things, but the thing that kills me the most are the rendering issues of anti-vehicle weaponry.
  4. Morpholine

I don't know where you're getting your information, but I absolutely can control when the Lancer fires (up to it auto-firing), and any point between 2.5 and 5 seconds will have the full 3 charge damage.

I guarantee making the Lancer a one hit kill on infantry is the same level of broken the Phoenix was at its release.
  5. Meeka

The Lancer is INCREDIBLY accurate... pin point accurate... and it only takes a split second to hit your target.
    The Phoenix is also incredibly easy to hit infantry with... again... it's next to pin point accurate and can be guided around obstacles (and for people who say control is difficult, you lie, controlling a Phoenix is incredibly easy)

I use both of these weapons often enough to know that they would be far too over powered if they were able to do so...

Everyone has access to the OHK rocket launcher available to all factions in the empire, if you want OHK rockets, use it.
  6. Lyel

You do realize that the Lancer can just spam hits, right?

You also do realize that the Lancer is the ultimate anti max weapon, right?

And phoenix WAS once able to one shot infantry. THERE WAS A REASON IT WAS NERFED.
  7. Beartornado

I genuinely can't tell if OP is just a COD kid or downright trolling. None of these changes make sense to balance, and are very loosely justified by "drawbacks" that would supposedly balance them.
  8. umbrellapower

Oh God, no. I still remember my first encounter with the Phoenix where I was part of a footzerg going towards Saurva from the east. I was getting gibbed by invisible rockets and explosions and it was the single most frustrating experience I've ever had in a video game.
  9. SenEvason

Yes, let's go back to the days where VS and TR couldn't get near a base without getting killed with no warning by someone that they have no chance of seeing. Because those were truly great times.[/sarcasm]

Why is there still no downvote button on these forums?
  10. Van Dax

NC bastards hiding in the spawn room killing everyone on the capture point with invisible missiles. Those were dark whistling days.
  11. xGreedFuSioN

As soon as my striker 1 shots aircraft, sure.
  12. MrMagicGuns

This thread brought me back to the days when ESRLs came out and the sun would be blocked out by the hundreds of Phoenix projectiles coming right at me as infantry.
  13. koopa

entire thread against your idea? you must be on the right track.

but seriously.... just stop.
  14. NeverWas

lancer's ammo too valuable for infantries , dont give me a reason to use it on them.
  15. Shockwave44

I like how you drag the VS in to justify this. Makes it more of a compelling argument right? It's better to have one faction gang up on you than two.

Until the VS get scopes for the lancer, there is absolutely no reason to be shooting infantry with them. It's a waste of ammo anyway.
  16. Livefire

I have played planet side for 10 years, and played ps2 sense beta. I took a month off recently when the Phoenix came out so I did not get to enjoy the OSK but I have seen videos. I understand PS better then most and I can tell you it was not a game breaker just over reacting players that want a stupid long TTK like the first game had.
  17. Livefire

COD kid? More like a 10 year PS vet that's single most hated thing from planetside 1 was its lack of realism with no OSK weapons and stupid long TTK.
    • Up x 1
  18. Livefire

Reason of not they should be able to OSK an infantry soldier at full charge. None of the AV weapons have scopes to kill infantry but that does not stop everyone of them from having OSK awesomeness.
  19. NinjaTurtle

The Phoenix did OHK on release and these forums were flooded, quite justifiably as well. I would also rage if I was being killed by something I couldn't see or shoot back at.

I do think the Phoenix need a small buff against armour. As it is the speed is too low, the reload length is too long and the damage output is too small. As it stands a single engineer can out repair a Phoenix user.

My suggestion(s) either:

- Directly increase the damage by a single rocket
    - Make it magazine fed to cut the reload time
    - Or add a function that once you are lined up you can ignite afterburners on your rocket after which you can no longer effect it. This would make it much harder for tanks and esf's to move out the way

Another small thing(s):

- Get rid of that ****** static at the end of the flight animation
    - And when I shoot my Phoenix from a crouched position I want to stay crouched not finish standing up ready to be ****** like a pinata
  20. Livefire

Ya I can now see why awesome OSK weapons get nurfed with all the whiners you get that take out there frustrations for not being good at games on weapons being overpowered. It saddens me to see devs cave in to these people.