ZOE Isn't Gamebreaking, It's UP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timperium, May 22, 2013.

1. omegaflarex

2. Stanis

Using those stats it's a 23.5% damage increase.

Over 20% damage increase? That's a huge bonus from certs in this game.

(from the TR posts they said it was 7.5->5.5s to kill with lockdown. Thats about 26% improvement, fairly similar and the overlooked part of lockdown is increased projectile velocity)

ZOE needs a bit of time for people to learn how to use it. I found the ability fun and useful.
  3. omegaflarex

Luperza:

I have been thinking, ya know? :p
  4. Timperium

Momentum. Understand it before you post.
  5. Zapon

Hey Littleman, someone beat me to it

Guess what?

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/zoe-the-truth-about-the-adad.127968/

....Actually, I was dead correct, as the proof shows.

Now, anything else you'd like the Vanu Sovereignty to settle via videos?
    • Up x 1
  6. XDDante

yeah this thread is BS,like a said before vs will try to do anything to keep ZOE the way it is,but the vast majority already know what they want and we want ZOE nerfed...
  7. Zapon

we can offer you whatever proof it takes to show it's not OP- i just debunked the people calling me a liar with the video above

what more do you need?

------

Now, if we're done calling for nerfs for the ZOE, and people start to see it needs a speed buff, i'd like to call for a NC max shield buff and a TR lockdown Buff. They could use them also.
    Anyone with me?
  8. XDDante

is not about strafing,that's the least of the problems my personal problem with ZOE is the ability to turn it off whenever you can,that means being able to do double damage turn off once you have killed your enemy and get repaired,and the cycle beggins again once you are fully repaired...speed is the other part of the problem because Max can flee safely before anyone can finish to kill them....there that is what it need to be fixed.
  9. Zapon

we don't do double damage though, at max rank we only kill you with one fewer bullet

You know, that's also the difference between different AI weapons of the VS?

#2. Charger maxes already do this, and they are FASTER - our maxes in ZOE mode sprint slower than our HA.
    • Up x 1
  10. Clutchstep

If you're using dual Blueshifts, your TTK just went from 0.492 to 0.328 (discounting travel time). That's a pretty big improvement.

If you're using dual Comets, your TTK just went from 0.5 to instagib (discounting travel time). That's a huge improvement.

Yeah, Vortexes suck against infantry, and they still suck with ZOE on. That should be no surprise, as the Lancer also sucks against infantry.

It's about a 20% increase in damage. Not earthshaking, but noticeable.

All in all, the damage buff is pretty good IMO.
  11. The King

Umm, learn to aim dude..
  12. Xae

Let me explain it:

If the first thing that happened when someone logged on was they got killed by a ZoE max they cry it is overpowered.
    If the first thing that happened when someone logged on was they pulled a ZoE max and got instagibbed they cry it is underpowered.
    • Up x 1
  13. BDMagnum

But if you're using dual Blueshift (or Nebula) outside of VR, where people have nanoweave, your TTK improves by 0% with ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  14. XDDante

you didn't read my post or something???

here from game update patch notes:
    Infantry Updates
    New VS MAX Ability: Zealot Overdrive
    • Increases movement speed while active
    • Speed buff does not increase with cert level
    • Decreases armor effectiveness while active
    • Increases weapon damage while active
    • Damage increases with cert level
    so my guess is that each level multiplies so that would be 4X damage even if is not, is double the damage of normal weapons so yeah you dish more damage than you normally would,i don't about sprinting but ZOE needs to balanced there are several way to do it...
  15. Zapon

No, because at max level, which is lvl 5

it takes one less bullet to kill

this is true as of right now, today's live launch

What i do NOT know is the values, for levels 1 - 4.

note: The DPS of the lockdown is greater than the ZOE max's buff
  16. Radec594

ADAD macroing abuse has nothing to do with momentum; specially when said momentum is gained 5 times faster than normal thanks to the ZOE module..
    • Up x 1
  17. Vlayde

I like how you state you're guessing but trying to state it like it's fact.

Go spend 5 mins in the VR and test the damage yourself.
  18. Cyridius

SOE forums;

If I have it, it's UP

If they have it, it's OP

Sometimes one side is right, sometimes the other is right. It's a flip of a coin and you have to trust your own knowledge of the game and not what the forum questers tell you.

My opinion? The mobility of the ZOE is overpowered as ****.
  19. Zapon

Hey, here's the PROOF

This took me some serious effort to find. Why do i have to do all the hard work to proof we're not OP?

-_-

20. Myka

I caved in and bought a few levels to test the damage increase across the various levels. From what I can tell, the actual 'one bullet less TTK' on AI weapons begins @ Level 4. Levels prior to that do have a damage increase, but it doesn't equate to a full bullet's worth of damage, and thus has no effect except on already wounded targets.

I have to admit to revising my opinion on ZOE. I certed it to L4 this evening, and the agility buff is very useful in combat. Damage difference seems negligible at best, but the agility is useful. I expected it to be awful, but I can't deny that it has surpassed my expectations. I still don't believe it's as powerful as Lockdown, and it shouldn't be - but it is a worthwhile addition to the VS MAX.
    • Up x 1