ZOE Isn't Gamebreaking, It's UP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timperium, May 22, 2013.

1. llPendragon

Nah. They'll pre-nerf it so that no one feels like NC is getting OP.

Oh, wait.... my mistake. You're talking about VS so you're fine. They already know it's probably OP, but they'll let you keep it for a few months anyway.
  2. Vlayde

So the description does not say exactly how much damage, then why do you keep mentioning it does double damage?
  3. XDDante

even if not double damage whatever the damage is you are missing the point,ZOE should NOT be toggleable plain simple...
  4. Vlayde

ZOE is toggleable

If you mean ZOE should be a "active ability" like charge then explain why. The damage buff is not really noticeable but the armor penalty is, also add the fact that you're still moving slower than infantry.
  5. Krayus_Korianis

lol. That sig is great. I found it funny when I did the same thing on my TR against a VS player who was ADADADADAD'ing a lot, they couldn't hit me rofl! They died and probably screamed at their monitor.
  6. Xasapis

If you're talking about past history, may I remind you of both lancer and vortex, weapons that needed multiple buff passes to be on par with the other empires equivalents? Not to mention how you the favorite pastime of the phoenix users when first introduced was snipping infantry? If anything, the VS have a long history of underwhelming or underperforming weapons, not the other way round.

For the record, VS is the only faction where all their anti-vehicle weapons (saron also included with latest patch) are completely ineffective against infantry, unlike the other two empires.
    The damage is hardly noticeable. As far as I'm concern they might as well completely remove it. We'll end up with a speed boost and an armor reduction. I'll be fine with that.
  7. Thentar

like many things it gets actually lost in the wash. Looks good to have a increase of 20% dmg but if it takes 4 shots to kill something then adding 20% does little to the over all TTK.
  8. Grayson

Shields: if im right we can take splash damage, and it's only front shield not a vanguard shield.. so yeah nuff said.
    Lockdown: Well.....its TR stuff so OP bursters yay!, because TR dont need any balancing.
    The problem with the ZOE that it has no cooldown you can basically lolspammit....(and that 20% is nothing really. ADADADAD+ latency)
  9. MrHenderson

So many NC whining because they can't dual hacksaw their way through VS bases anymore.

Embarrassing.
    • Up x 3
  10. Zotamedu

What on earth are you talking about? If the ADAD warping problem is now affecting MAX thanks to the ZOE, then it's in itself a problem of the ZOE.

Yes it does, I've seen it. You don't seem to grasp the very nature of the problem here.

Anyway, even if we ignore the warping problem for a while. the original poster is still wrong since he completely missed the huge point of mobility which is worth a lot for a MAX.
  11. LanceTR

This thread made me laugh. TR and NC get a pathetic ability, VS get one that is a straight upgrade. Definitely gonna be nerfed.
  12. Xasapis

They might. I just don't see how yet. They can't remove the mobility, otherwise the ability will be useless. It's like having lockdown without the increased fire rate or the shield without damage absorption.
  13. Cyridius

They can start by making it so it's toggle has a 10 second cooldown or something, at the very least. It's ridiculous to finally be able to nail one of you near-impossible to hit MAX suits with a Rocket, to find that they toggled their ability off to take less damage then turned it back on straight away.
  14. MrGurrenLemfox

damn right it is UP, they are so high above the clouds even snoop lion want to know what ZOE MAX have been smoking.
  15. Shockwave44

Cause it just came out? Don't quit your day job.
  16. Shockwave44

That makes sense.

That's like if 20 doctors say a a certain food is poisonous and 20 say it's not, it must be ok to eat.
  17. Shockwave44

So?

Nope. At this point, you already lost all credibility but lets read some more.

What does this have to do with the ZOE?

Like every other MAX in this game.

Again, what does that have to do with the ZOE?

And the NC MAX can stay and fight with the shield up instead of having to run away.

I think you do.
  18. Hagestol

Momentum prevents you from ADADing away from your hitbox. ADAD is the cancer in our system, and it doesn't work with maxes, thankfully.

And spamming ZOE is what it is designed for. Try equipping the phoenix, shiny maxes everywhere.
  19. Gnomemercy

Press Jump and you can ZOE/ADAD till you hearts content
  20. Evilsooty

Anecdotal as it is ZOE didn't seem too powerful in the 20 minutes I played last night when I was running around with an auto-shotgun. ZOEs were going down very quickly in CQB and I personally killed 3 of them which is unusual as when I go against NC Maxes I am dead before I can finish the mag. Of course the players I happened to have encountered could have just been terrible :)