ZOE Isn't Gamebreaking, It's UP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timperium, May 22, 2013.

1. AwakenRiceball

When I return tonight, I will fire-up Xfire + Planetside 2 with Maxed out ZOE.

I will show multiple things about ZOE. I have all 3 armor types maxed out.I have Anti-Vehicle, Anti-Air (w. Extend) and dual Nebula (w. Extend).

I primarily play with Nano Regen 5, but KA5 with ZOE is litterally a joke (don't bother).

Have fun! I will show that ZOE is not overpowered. Geezz...few hours and complaint already started!
    • Up x 1
  2. Blippy

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. Kireles

As many complaints as lockdown burster MAX complaints? :p
  4. Littleman

Exactly what ZOE rank is everyone every VS using to make these bold claims? There is NO momentum on a rank 5 ZOE ADADADer, they have the same slight pause in direction change normal infantry have when they ADADAD. The movement speed is the same as a standard infantry man's SPRINTING speed. Hell, the MAX in ZOE mode doesn't even gain or lose speed when they engage their sprint.

The VS in this thread are straight up delusional. Anyone can create, log into a VS toon, and try out the ZOE in the VR to see the truth, and that truth is all the VS nay sayers are lying through their $#!%-eating grins.
  5. Zotamedu

From your perspective maybe. I just faced them and they were warping. It was a pretty heavy Bio lab fight so it might have been a bit of lab but the end result is the same. I saw ADADing MAX on live. I have no idea how they worked on the test server because I do not have time to mess about there.
  6. ChaosReaperr

Welcome to online gaming forums...
  7. Macinzon

Remember that you hold 2 guns as a MAX.. So technically you kill them even faster than everyone is testing and saying '1 bullet less to kill with 1 weapon, it's underpowered'. And no I'm not saying it's OP either.
  8. Zotamedu

I just saw several MAXs do just that on live server in a Bio lab. It wasn't just one. It was several.
  9. Xasapis

You can always pick one on VR and check the behavior of zoe there.
  10. Zotamedu

I just saw it work in a Bio lab.
  11. Zapon

Um, on both counts- what you said is not how my ZOE max handles. As of a half hour ago.

I can sprint faster than i walk, and i do NOT CHANGE direction instantly like the above video of the bugged maxes dating from a week ago in the PTS pre-bug fix. On Rank 5.
  12. Zapon

...Then someone needs to go on PS2 right now, and show that was lag by recording a video and running around in a ZOE max- because we are nothing like that video above.
  13. Zotamedu

You don't seem to understand the problem with ADADing. You never see the warping from your perspective. It's a problem with the movement prediction algorithm in the game. So you see the movement you expect. I see the movement the game expect so when you are moving left and right in a quick succession, the game expects you to continue in the same direction so your movement is greatly exaggerated on my side. That's the whole problem. It also seems to mess up the hit box.
  14. Roarboar

It was underpowered from the very beginning, and you realized this only now?
    I was expecting they would buff the damage increase before it hits live by a huge margin, but since this didnt happen I will just pump certs into the default max ability, that 1 is actually useful to escape with. ZOE has no uses whatsoever.
  15. Hagestol

Perhaps trying it in actual combat at live will give you more perspective.

The TR/NC in this thread claiming that 5 bullets instead of 6 is equal to an insane RoF/reload speed increase or an awesome shield with shotgun weaponry. ADADing doesn't work with the current ZOE, the hitbox doesn't actually move like infantry ADADing.

As a side note, the ability to ADAD to shift the hitbox from the model should be fixed.
  16. Zotamedu

Running around in a ZOE MAX will prove nothing. That's not how the ADAD warping works. You need to find someone to make a clip of someone else's ZOE MAX.
  17. Littleman

I have. It was the second thing I did when I logged in after playing as my main and went right to my VS because I knew I could max out the certs. The experiences I had engaging ZOE maxes as a TR involved a whole lot of ADADing maxes. From my perspective, it was ridiculous easy to pull off, and hell of a lot more useful than being a slow and lumbering target. Never made kills so easy, and chasing down runners I knew wouldn't leave a trap was a joke.

What is your rank, and how about a video? I can log in 300 times starting RIGHT NOW and the results will never change: it is responsive, it is fluid, no other ZOE max I've watched, either as a friend or foe, has slowed to a crawl before changing direction only to need to build up speed like a Mag-rider would.

YOU.

ARE.

LYING.
    • Up x 1
  18. Zapon

I currently cannot access my gaming rig- in about 6-7ish hours at the latest, i can hop back on Planetside2

i've never used my youtube account to post a video before, but just for you, i'll use the PS2 in-game recorder, find a way to upload videos, go in-game, take a standard infantry man, go side to side, hop in the max, go side to side in ZOE mode- then I'll copy the above video of the bugged maxes from a week ago that were glitched- and paste them side by side, and we'll see if ZOE maxes have no momemtum like before.

Unless someone beats me to it and can get on PS2 sooner.

And we'll see if I'm lying. Remember those words.
  19. Timperium

And what exactly has that got to do with the balance of the ZOE module? It's a problem on SOE's end, not a problem with the actual mechanic.

But anyway, ADAD spam doesn't even effect ZOE so you point is invalid.
  20. Grayson

VS claiming that is not OP, and clearly it has no downsides at all (that SLIGHT armor decrease is well, nothing at all).
    This is just like the Magrider, because boosting up on a 90° surface is a legit thing....