ZOE Isn't Gamebreaking, It's UP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timperium, May 22, 2013.

1. Timperium

From my tests on VR against infantry with level 5 ZOE:

Blueshift without ZOE: 7 shots to kill.
    Blueshift with ZOE: 6 shots to kill.

Direct hit from Comet without ZOE: 3 shots to kill.
    Direct hit from Comet with ZOE: 2 shots to kill.

Direct hit with Vortex without ZOE: 10 shots to kill.
    Direct hit with Vortex with ZOE: 9 shots to kill.

NOTE: I haven't tested on vehicles yet.

In conclusion, you're basically trading the ability to move like a regular infantry grunt with taking a significantly higher proportion of damage yourself. And don't forget that it lights you up like a Christmas Tree creating a big "shoot me please!" sign over your head.

The extra damage dealt is virtually nonexistent, apart from direct Comet hits against infantry since it takes a whole shot less to kill, however direct hits are difficult to pull off anyway and that's not the Comet's purpose.

So yea, keep crying TR/NC. I'll probably update to include vehicle stats when I can be bothered.
    • Up x 9
  2. IamDH

1 thread below
    "ZOE is gamebreaking"
    i dont get these forums..
    • Up x 14
  3. Zapon

This is similar to what i just found out- i just returned to the game, because i'd heard they were mobile- but right now, a HA can outrun my ZOE max.

:(

They need to buff the speed- the damage increase is minor and nice, armor penalty i'll take- but no, we can't dodge gunfire really.

Also, against vehicles, ZOE isn't that great with it's current speed
    • Up x 3
  4. Timperium

Well obviously this thread is a response to that thread. Keeping in mind that that specific thread couldn't even be bothered to go out and do the research before the OP starting whining.
    • Up x 2
  5. Eclipson

ZOE is an ability that looks bad in the VR, just becuase of how it works. But in combat, its noticeable, and pretty awesome. In the VR, its meh because you are using it how Lockdown is meant to be used. Use it in combat before passing your verdict on it.
    • Up x 6
  6. Ubad00d

I don't know what all the fuss is about, the irrefutable stats tell us that the ZOE is anything but gamebreaking - yet there are many threads complaining about this? I don't know, maybe they just get scared because we are glowing purple but at the end of the day the only real benefit of the ZOE is movement speed (The 1 less bullet to kill just isn't worth anything). Not to mention the fact that we can take so much damage that we die in 1 rocket.

What's going, WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT? Can someone please give me some statistics/proof or some sort of indication that the ZOE is OP, instead of simply saying stuff like this:

"VS max warping all over the place mowing troops down at 70m+ and ripping armour apart from the hill tops." - That's a post I just saw which has 25 thumbs up, really?
    • Up x 3
  7. Myka

Glad someone did this. Something more important to me is finding out what the lower levels of ZOE do - there are no fractional bullets in this game, so if it's one less bullet TTK on infantry weapons @ level 5, what do the other levels do?

It's either one less bullet TTK across the board, in which case the description is lying, saying it does more damage each level, when it actually doesn't - or the lower levels actually provide NO DAMAGE BOOST WHATSOEVER until you hit the threshold, wherever it is.

Could someone test basic infantry TTK with all levels of ZOE? Difference at level 1, level 2 etc? We need to know this stuff, as it basically makes it either worth buying only one ZOE level, or needing it at L5 to actually get the damage increase.

And it is still massively underpowered compared to the other two abilities. The agility difference is minor at best (and certainly not comparable to the universal Sprint ability), and if the TTK is as outlined above, then we're taking 20% extra damage for slightly better walking speed and a tiny damage buff.

If ZOE is going to be any use (and I'm still hugely angry we got it in the ******* first place), then it needs to be much higher damage or agility boost. As it stands now, it does neither agility nor damage particularly well, at the cost of an enormous and unmitgatable (unlike the other two) downside.
    • Up x 1
  8. IamDH

Very true
    Good job, carry on
    Ill be watching :cool:
  9. Zapon

This is what we need:

• A Video showing the VS ZOE max going side-to side- that will show the heavy momemtum and kill all "ADAD dodgingall fire" posts which make no sense(and they can provide videos if they can, but unless they are fighting hackers- no one can do this)

• A video showing how the VS ZOE max cannot outrun VS infantry
    • A video showing how the VS ZOE max compares to a normal VS max's dash charge ability

We already have videos of the gunfire taking literally one less bullet to kill when ZOE mode is on.

Then, maybe we can convince SOE to buff the movement speed of the ZOE max- because right now it's nothing special.
    And no, i dont care if the NC and TR maxes get a buff- from what i hear, their abilities aren't as good as PS1's max abilities right now, but more watered down versions. But the ZOE max isn't .....a ';overdrive' in movement.
    • Up x 1
  10. kadney

So, the damage increase is, in your words, not that significant. What about ROF and movement speed? How heavy is the penalty of receiving more damage? Comparison? Only looking at the damage won't do the math. I love how everybody screams about OP / UP without looking / giving facts about both sides of the medal. Sigh.. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  11. schwarzklang

How big is the amor penalty actually? I wonder if its worth for 1 shot less for a kill..more than 10% should not be.

ZOE 5 + 2x burster on Reaver:26 hits
    without ZOE on Reaver: 34 hits
  12. Zapon

BINGO, it's NOT JUST ME

I knew it!! I saw the description, and i was like - what? Does it like provide a .4 buff at lvl 2, and a full 1 shot less at level 5?

No one has realized this yet, but the different levels don't affect the damage

Infantry Updates
    New VS MAX Ability: Zealot Overdrive
    • Increases movement speed while active
    • Speed buff does not increase with cert level
    • Decreases armor effectiveness while active
    • Increases weapon damage while active <--------------------------
    • Damage increases with cert level <----- This is wrong, or bugged, or insignificant if it's in as intended,
    What we need, is for this to change - the agility needs a buff. keep the momemtum they put on it- but raise the movement speed
    I dont care if they make the penalty bigger. The speed isn't significant compared to a MAX dash or infantry sprint.
  13. Zapon

No ROF increase. Only TR get that.
    Movement speed is comparable to, but slightly under(by a hair) a normal infantry man.
    • Up x 1
  14. Beartornado

ADADAD.
    • Up x 3
  15. Selerox

Just be thankful it's not another charge-up mechanic...
    • Up x 1
  16. Hagestol

Doesn't work with the momentum the zoe max has atm. The speed was nerfed considerably.
    • Up x 2
  17. DeadliestMoon

The update came out today, let it be out for a little bit before you complain about it geez.
  18. Astealoth

i played with ZOE for about 30 minutes today. what i will say is it's a fairly fun ability. as far as it being OP or UP, i disagree with both. it's a very middle of the road ability and i think the devs did really nice work with it. all it really felt like to me was being able to switch between a defensive and a heavy assault type role as needed. these people claiming that ZOE allows VS max to warp around at hyper speed mowing down whole platoons at 70 yards is absolute nonsense, so false in fact that they aren't just flawed opinions but are blatant lies and/or trolling.

i do not play VS or even like the VS, but ZOE is the most pointless thing to ever be complained about in the history of this game. it's just as valuable to make a spam thread saying the emperor pistol is too much of an upgrade from the repeater, so much so it's causing mass unsubs because HA's can wipe out entire air platoons with 1 emperor mag. that has as much truth to it as calling ZOE game breaking ...
    • Up x 4
  19. MasonSTL

I fell that they lowered the speed of the ZOE in PTS, but I'm not positive.

Here is a video that shows some of the speed they poses, I saw one strafing back and fourth toward me and I couldn't hit him AT ALL with an LMG (the last time I checked my acc was 24% I think, so I'm really not a bad shot) but unfortunately I didn't record it in time. But I did record what they where doing when I noticed that they weren't going to kill me and as you can see there speed is ridiculous....

To who ever thought that a heavy can run faster than them is crazy unless they nerft their speed since this video was recorded.

ZOE isn't game breaking but it is FAR from UP
  20. Zapon

This, but one more thing

there's a difference between speed, and ADAD- that sounds like steroid agility with no momemtum built-into the engine

Right now there's heavy momemtum(I tried attempting this ADAD i hear about , there is no such thing- )- and if the ZOE had it's speed doubled, with that momemtum , it STILL couldn't ADAD.

Laws of Physics. Which should always be in effect