GU09 Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 22, 2013.

1. jiggu

You do realise that this is pretty much a buff up close vs infantry? You can aim in their general direction and spray and kill someone, no need for pinpoint accuracy. The only way this is a nerf is the one you stated
    • Can't burst at range, also cannot oneshot infantry at range
  2. loleator

From GU09 patch notes: "Lowered several infantry weapon prices and adjusted some MBT, Sunderer, and Harasser weapon prices"

Any guess on which ones will get their prices raised? Anything to do with the recent test server price reductions? Which MBT, sundy and H were untouched? We have half an hour to guess before we lose our opportunity.
  3. jiggu

It felt to me like it was one burst less with the comets on test server, couldn't test vortex since they're broken there.
  4. PhilDun

No Nanoweave Armor fix (currently it gives twice as much HP as it should, screwing over Infiltrators who can no longer get headshots at any decent range).

Man, SoE, get your shiz together. Very disappointing.
  5. YamiNoTenshi

One thing I'm missing is a fix for the bulldozer scythes, they shouldn't be able to ram TR and NC ESFs out of the air and get away with minimal damage.
    • Up x 1
  6. PhilDun

That was stealth fixed a while ago....
  7. YamiNoTenshi

They take more damage but they're still able to do it and survive, not 100% success rate but more than I'd like, or the ones who rammed me just got lucky.
  8. JackOfClubs

This is probably the first patch I feel like I don't like right off the bat.
    I don't like the ML85 changes (I bought it for long-range-AT, it now appears to be close-mid range AT), the MAX abilities are going to be an unbalanced mess (good for the VS, crap for the NC, the TR could go either way at the flip of a coin), but at least lattice is here (for Indar anyway).

Also, what?
    Fracture = Ten rockets per magazine, (dual) 630 dam, 200m/s, 80rpm, 2.5s long reload.
    ML85 = Ten rockets per magazine, 700 dam, 200m/s, 60rpm, 3s reload.
    • Up x 2
  9. PhilDun

It doesn't seem to occur more often than NC/TR ESFs. (I exclusively fly, and I play on all 3 factions although I mostly play non-VS factions nowadays)
  10. Hagestol

Dude, ZOE kills you in what, 6 bullets instead of 7? So basically no change. They will be easier to spot and take more damage.

The shield however - it will make the NC able to get close or get away with no damage taken, and we all know what happens when a NC max gets close. You die. You and all your friends.
  11. ArmedGoose

A sound now plays when you receive a tell

Ehm... ok.
    And now do tell me how to disable it.
    • Up x 2
  12. treeHamster

Rank 5 is the only place where the damage buff will actually give you enough of a boost to require fewer bullets. So you're taking a massive defense nerf for a slight increase in speed which you can already get with charge, that's the point. Until you drop 2400 certs into it, charge is quite literally the exact same thing except without a armor nerf and the glow that can be seen from space.
  13. treeHamster

That is the ONLY thing that the Scythe does better than the other two ESF's. Other than that it's completely inferior to the other two in every way.
  14. Timperium

Haha, is this actually the case? If it is, SOE completely dropped the ball.
  15. McToast

Moin

My personal favourite:

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  16. Sharpe

Except it isn't?
  17. ElastaPlast

You'll also get owned by harassers too. It's difficult enough to hit them with one shot from a saron because of their manoeuvrability, let alone trying to land 3-4. You have even less chance of hitting one with the main canon as it's so slow to turn. Glad I didn't put too many certs into it. Oh wait, I did! :oops:
  18. KeyCee

can't wait for the redesigned bases on Indar, I liked them very much on the testserver! :)

also the cosmetic changes they made on the map :)
  19. Zcuron

I'm assuming "aim in their general direction and spray" does not mean actually hitting them.

This means you want to splash infantry to death with a 0.5m inner splash. (350 dmg)
    The weapon has a CoF of 6, this is quite a lot, but it recovers in 0.5 seconds - the refire time is 200ms, which should mean that the maximum CoF you'll have when firing is 3.6 - still quite a bit.

I run with flak armour 5, as does almost everyone I've bothered to ask. (350/2 = 175 damage)
    This means that, to kill a flak armour 5 target, you need to get 5.7 shots within 0.5m of the target.
    So if you shoot 5 within 0.5m of the target, the sixth shot has some leeway. (needs to deal 125 damage)

Is this feasible?
    I don't know, I'll certainly try. (Though, I don't really use the magrider any more, mostly infantry as of late)

We'll have a firmer grip on this once we're able to see the changes in action - theorizing like this only gets you so far.

I think it'll look cooler, and perhaps feel cooler to use, though. (always a plus in my mind~~)
  20. Zombo

pretty good patch, the light ppa needed a buff to be of some use and the saron has finally a more laser-gun like feeling, also cant wait to test the NC max ability on some tanks and lolpodders