Striker nerf really necessary?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matlock0, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Tycoh

But don't you love it when 2 of your 5 rockets swirl in circles just 10 yards from you?! I do!!

|:[
  2. Qaz

The striker can NEVER be allowed to be dumbfired. Why? The TR loves using rockets for anti infantry combat, and the last thing we need is carpet bombing by strikers inside biolabs and all other bases. Seriously ... this would open up something seriously bad for the overall gameplay for everyone but TR.

One way to do it would be to nerf the AI and max damage pre-emptively so that it does 20 damage per rocket or so.
  3. Nobalification

TARC in woodman maybe leave the game and go play Heroes and Generals or WW2. TARC is one of the Woodman outfit with biggest population and i can say with biggest population of members :D SOE if u continue u ruin this game for TR and only two empire can fight in this mmofps.
  4. BarxBaron

Wow.

Striker is even more of a borefest now?

GJ SoE. First give the real PS1 style striker to NC as the new max AV then make fake striker even more boring.

Smooth.
    • Up x 2
  5. Nobalification

u are ********************************** so **** and go sleep.
  6. Nobalification

7. Tycoh

Hell yes! I've always wanted my rocket launchers to do 20 damage per rocket against everything!

Now be careful, my mathematical skills may strike you with awe.
    20 damage x 5 rockets = 100 damage per rocket volley + 1 second per rocket launch = Way to out lame the lame

I can kill an enemy faster with a semi-auto machine pistol than 3 rockets volley :c.
  8. Nobalification

your knife get kill faster than 20 dmg Striker :DDDD
  9. Tycoh

Here's an idea! How about we turn the TR into an NPC controlled faction and evenly distribute small TR's population between NC and VS. Seems to be alot more constructive than throwing nerfs and micro buffs onto TR over and over again. And it'd be less time consuming. :D
  10. Qaz

exactly. we all know that it'd be used en masse against infantry if it could be dumbfired. adjusting the AI damage like that could maybe make it possible to implement. anything short of that ... not really.
  11. Nobalification

so if our Striker get 20 dmg = 100 dmg with 5 rockets Phoenix cant kill target on IK (or two hits) and u cant kill infantry with your lazzor. So if something is AV its AI too. Dont tell me this cant kill infantry on one hit http://defense-update.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/120ke-he-rm.jpg Striker can kill on 2 or 3 hits the target for balance.
  12. Copasetic

Every empire does this.
    • Up x 3
  13. Nobalification

we dont :D with Striker not :D
  14. Ixidron

Why did they nerf the striker? is the worst ESRL, I am more concerned about the lancer, being able to solo a tank, or the phoenix being impossible to dodge.
    • Up x 3
  15. Chubrokoli

Striker nerf really necessary?

NO!!!
    :mad:

Idiot they dont need to get nerfed and i tell that even that i have a NC main char

SOE STOP ******* NERF EVERYTHING
    • Up x 2
  16. Nobalification

The Striker is the Terran Republic's Anti-Vehicular weapon. In primary mode, the Striker can "lock on" to any vehicle, MAX unit, Phalanx wall turret, or Spitfire Turret which will guide the missle to its target. (The reticle must be kept on the target to maintain the "lock.")
    In secondary mode, the Striker fires an unguided "dumbfire" missile.

Shots to kill:

MAX 6 shots
    Lightning 12 shots
    Prowler 36 shots
    Magrider 28 shots
    Vanguard
    36 shots

This is in PS 1 and for comparison with PS 2 Striker.
    AV-Confirmed
    Two fire modes-NOPE!
    Can lock on MAX-NOPE!
    Can lock on turrets-NOPE!
    Dumbfire-NOPE!
    Have 3 rockets in magazine-have 5
    • Up x 1
  17. Nobalification

Ixidron and Chubrokoli i dont know who you are but you are the first NC who knows what is balance and dont said the Striker is OP. I think you have in your hearts something of us, something good of TR. Thanks for your support.
  18. Chubrokoli

I only want good balancing just look at my signature wheres a suggestion about balancing
    I got first attentive after the NC MAX nerf about SOEs "balancing politic"
  19. Ixidron

How on earth would it be OP? it has to lock on things, lock on can be avoided with rocks, flares and smoke, phoenix and lancer are nearly impossible to avoid.
    what was SOE thinking? there were no complains about it being OP.
    • Up x 1
  20. Nobalification

Who need dumbfire for Striker like this comment for see how many ppls need this feature.
    • Up x 1