"Deconstruct button moved from vehicle information"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ABATTLEDONKEY

Thats actually a good mechanic. First good reason to have deconstruct that Ive heard of. I dont much like the idea of people pulling tanks just to abandon them (also speaks to the ease of vehicle acquisition, but thats for another time), but i cant tell someone else how to play. The good news, is that what you want the deconstruct for is in the works. Right now, its only been disabled on a temp basis until they can figure out a fair way of getting rid of the KS part of it.
  2. IronWarrior

You never been stuck in a vehicle before where you can't exit have you?
  3. Crowne

I have never, not once, had any trouble taking out a sunderer, let alone a flash, before someone has a chance to deconstruct it. If it did happen to me, I would have chalked it up to my own inability to take it out fast enough. I would have adapted. Nobody out there owes me any XP that I cannot earn.

I fully expect the enemy to do everything they can to deny me any resources that would help me beat them. That is war, and this game is war. That is how I want it. Had someone managed to deconstruct prior to my taking out their vehicle so they can deny me the xp to get certs for a better scope to kill them with... I would say "well played" and seek to raise my own skills to counter.

The answer is not to pander so the vocal minority gets their way, that is a very bad precedent which doesn't exactly foster my confidence in development decisions. Please, let's not slip down this path to where those of us with a bit of grit wind up talking about the pre-NGE, or pre-CU Planetside. Don't water it down and lower the bar. It didn't work before, at all, and it is a bad idea now.

The answer is to point them to the correct tools available to get the job done like everyone else is doing.
    • Up x 2
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

Nothing permanent no. Ive always been able to get out. Is this really a big issue? As far as Im concerned, that cant really happen that often can it? well, I suppose thats what the redeploy button is for your either close enough tot he action to stay in the vehicle, or far enough away to warrent a redeployment.

I guess my point is that this issue (what you pointed out) isnt larger than the issue of KSing. or at least its not been in my experience.
  5. ent|ty

Because I want to hide my entrance into a base, or my approach.
    Now i can't do that.. i announce my arrival by atv or anything else, and can't get rid of it to deconstruct.
    Now it is always in existence, and up for anyone to blow it up, where as before (out of combat) I can conveniently deconstruct it to hide my presence in a base.
    So much for the infiltrator infiltrating..

Yep. I've always had the opinion that they just can't take out the target fast enough.. so are whining about it so they can take their time.. running back to spawn to get more rockets etc.

I took my certs and invested in extra rockets, and a C4.. so that I COULD take out a Sunder in one run..

As a tradeoff I lose Nanoweave, etc to do it... BUT!!!!
    Now that was all WASTED and for NOT because THE WHINERS WON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

Deconstructing takes all but a few seconds. there is no weapon in this game that can kill a sundy faster than a deconstructor can other than c-4 and mines. This is not a skill issue, this is a, I took a sundy down to 5% hp with rockets and get nothing for it simply because its owner is a *****, issue.

I dont care about loosing XP. my only beef with the decon button is the fact that its primary use it simply to troll, and the less tools the A-holes got, the better IMO.
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

Feel free to use call on a few more tactical skills of yours and figure out a way of ACTUALLY hiding it, instead of getting an "easy" button. Hide it in a building, or behind a ledge. Simply park a hundred meters away and walk in. deconstruct is NOT the most important asset to sneaky assaults.
    • Up x 1
  8. ent|ty

When it shows up on the map.. without it even being spotted, there is no hiding it.
  9. SgtScum

Stealth makes it not show up at all in any circumstance unless manually spotted with the spot key.

There are plenty of loadouts to tweak your flash or sundy out for whatever specific task you are spawning it for.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sharpe

I'm usually not one for petty reveling.

But these deconstructor tear threads make me smile every single time. I'd like to thank you guys for being pathetic excuzes of players, and above all I'd like to thank SOE for taking your toy away so I can enjoy your tears ;)

Let's keep this going - why else should deconstruction be in game?
    • Up x 2
  11. Tasogie

I love how suddenly all these excuses for deconstructing come out. Specially since they are shallow pale excuses at best. I do back capping every day an have no issue whatsoever. If you sued your head you would never use a ATV, when a esf is far better, an when you get where your going, you can either park it outside the base, or drop it inside do what you do, then fly off. Either way this whole "oh no they know I am here now", is bollox because they already know your there, because your inside the base messing with it.
  12. Tibodeau

You sir just completely don't get it and people like you are half the reason that it took this long to fix deconstruct properly as they are attempting to do by adding in a timer shortly. I call ******** on you killing a sunderer before someone has the ability to open their vehicle tab and hit decon, unless of course you instantly blow it up with C4 or mines. Go hide in your basement and think about how pro you are because obviously you are so much better than any other PS2 player, maybe you should make a twitch channel so we can all follow and learn from your godlike skills.... ****, all someone has to do is macro deconstruct or logoff and they can make even a tank getting hit in the rear from lolpods disappear if they're quick enough. So get off your high horse already.

P.S. Can't wait until they finally add a timer because then it will actually show skill if someone gets the chance to actually decon on others because it takes more skill to evade than it used to be to open a box, hit decon and a couple seconds later poof! Enemy has either suicided or logged off.
    • Up x 1
  13. illgot

The deconstruct needs to still exist, but only if the vehicle is not moving.

As an infiltrator I use the Flash to reach high points then deconstruct it so people do not notice I am up there.

It does not help a sniper by having a huge "I AM HERE" sign even if you are 100m away from the Flash.
    • Up x 3
  14. Kahlev

Yeah, it's pretty apparent by looking ath this thread that everyone in support of being able to decon their vehicle to prevent other players is a *****.

Basically some people suck, and they want to prevent other people from being rewarded because they are better players. That's pretty much what I gleaned from the majority of comments.

I have no sympathy whatsoever, in fact, it makes me kinda smile inside that they are whining about it in the first place, shows what kind of players they are. You like pissing people off and messing with people huh? Well SOE just did it to you by removing something YOU liked to do and felt rewarded by doing. Cry more. Your tears are my ambrosia.
    • Up x 3
  15. SgtScum

Again the stealth upgrade makes your flash not show up on proximity detection or radar and nearly all the places I go high to snipe from have some nooks and crannies you can cram it into so its barely visible especially if you have camo applied that's not one of those high visibility bling monstrosities.
    • Up x 2
  16. illgot

Your team is getting sniped. There are 3 hills with clear visibility on the location being attacked. You look around. Notice a Flash on one hill, nothing on the others.

Which hill are you going to concentrate your first scouting efforts on?

Deconstruct is very important for infantry trying to keep a low profile and it needs to exist but with restrictions.

1) Vehicle can not have fired or be hit in the last 30 seconds.

2) Vehicle must not have any players occupying the vehicle.

3) Vehicle must not be moving.

4) Vehicle takes 10 seconds to fully deconstruct. Any activity on the vehicle (player uses vehicle, vehicle moves, vehicle shot at, vehicle fires a weapon) will cancel the deconstruct.

The above restriction will allow players to deconstruct vehicles to retain a low profile while not allowing players to deconstruct just to be a jackhole and deny experience for a kill.

I am hoping the complete absence of a deconstruct is just temporary. Hate to think I have more creativity and insight into the actual problem.
  17. SgtScum

Then you have to ask yourself why did you park your flash in los to your intended target area?
    • Up x 3
  18. illgot

If I can only get on that hill with a Flash, where else am I going to park it? The flash for is not just for moving from one location to another, it is to reach locations a normal infantry unit can not scale.

Same thing for my ESFs. I use ESFs to perch on cliffs impossible for infantry or the flash to reach. Then I sit back and snipe.
    • Up x 1
  19. -Synapse-

The word no just lost all meaning.
  20. SgtScum

? Unless you have the turbo installed infantry is actually able to climb with the sprint+jump combo to places the flash can't reach.

As far as the esf all you do is fly to the perch you want and as you pass over it you eject and the esf happily flys away to crash and burn somewhere.

I do this all the time on certain hills that nothing can climb but have av turret friendly flat tops for maximum trollage.
    • Up x 1