FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MasterTater

Its not about "good computer" its about failures in the coding of the engine.

So dont waste your money on a new PC - nor in the SOE cash shop as long as the game is not running properly - maybe SOE will then

• shift internal resources where they are needed - which is more ppl in the engine coding department and a
    • test server / departement which evaluates changes/Patches to the client before launch.
    • Up x 4
  2. Escalus

Same here - just for the record.

Never had framerate issues before. Since GU04 the game, i.e. bigger fights, feels unpleasantly choppy.

Specs:
    Core i7 2600k
    GeForce 570 GTX
    8 Gigs of fast RAM

Many thx for looking into this.

Cheers

VH
  3. pnkdth

Quoting so more people see this.

It is being worked on. Do not panic!
  4. XRIST0

I hope it gets fixed asap ..

I dont think i will play until it does , i get 40fps in the warpgate .. I have never gotten anything but 60fps minimum at the warpgate

Near any decent size battle it drops to 30-40 from 60 , while flying this makes for a horrible experience .

It is definalty worse than it ever was =(

Get it fixed please <3
  5. ThaPhreak

there was a problem? orly? lol :) hope ya guys figure it out, i miss getting blown up in my scythe, 8-10fps just don't do it justice. :p
  6. ladiesop

Also having lowered framerate and choppy experience.

Core i7 2600k
    Radeon HD6870
    8GB RAM
  7. TheEvilBlight

What I think is scary is that because we shelled out money for PS2, SOE will be encouraged to do this on all subsequent games.

I think the Everquesties will obviously get better support, since any bugfixes that are worked out in Forgelight will be worked out for EQN, but chances are they will get a similar rushed-development-with-capricious-QA.
    • Up x 1
  8. BigIronRanger

I used to get 25-35 in battles now i only get 5-15 (EVERYTHING ON LOW AND RENDER QUALITY 85%).

System specs:

some sh itty laptop with an nvidia GPU.
  9. BennyB

Didn't bother to test the **** patch that broke everything, why test the fix? Just roll it out
    • Up x 1
  10. Argimor

Also have massive FPS drop at biolabs and the like and now for some reason i also get massive fps drop when aiming down anything that isn't a reflex sight, before patch was getting a steady 30~35 fps in even the most massive biolab fights, now i get something like 15~5 FPS in facility fights and aim down sight.

Intel Core i5 2320
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560ti
    4GB
  11. SpehsNublet

I know it's a problem with the game, hence: "then this horrible update comes along..." I didn't buy a new computer for this game only, that would be insane, especially since it's not the first time a patch has made performance worse in this game. Besides I still get better frame rates now with everything maxed out than I did with everything on low on my old comp. So don't tell me how to use my money.

A test server probably wouldn't be a bad idea
  12. Riftmaker

After going at the crown today to find some fight(i had no choice,i hate the place,don't judge me) i can say that i have a drop on fps while in battle. What used to be a pleased 35-40 fps now got down to 15-20. Just unplayable. Speccs and settings are in my sig. Also pretty sure that changing the settings won't help since it's mostly cpu bound from what i noticed,and i'm sure that shouldn't happen with my cpu. Not saying it's the best but it should do better and it used to do better.
  13. Basileus

Experiencing same issues, seems to be at its worse when I go near any territory with squads detected or more. Hope you guys release the fix for this some time today because at the moment it makes the game(flying) unplayable.
  14. Hatamoto

another professional move would be some form of compensation for paying customers?
    • Up x 2
  15. mylesfitz

fps problems here since patch. Been running 100+ fps before patch and deleting useroptions.ini only solves the problem for a little while. fps dips below 30 now making it unplayable.
  16. Rhinzual

It seems like the issue is because of a rather nasty memory leak caused by the latest Game Update.
  17. morssolis

I have been playing SOE games since I beta tested Everquest Online Adventures on the PS2. I have seen a lot of bashing of SOE since then, especially when they ruined Star Wars Galaxies.

I still love the games but I have come to view SOE as Jeremy Clarkson, that is, a gorilla that fixes things with a hammer.
  18. }{ellKnight

Hmmm... I'll try running this with CleanMem to see if it fixes it.
  19. MojoBam

God, i thought i was the only one:)
    I was running the game with 30-40 FPS on 100% Renderquality and a mix of High and Medium Settings.
    Now i have only 20 FPS on 50% Renderquality and Medium settings :(
    Hope they fix it really soon.
    By the Way, what exactly is GU4 ? Is it the new Update ?

my specs:
    AMD PHENOM 2 X4 955
    Radeon HD 7850 1GB
    8GB RAM
  20. Evileet

GU = Game Update

There a Game Updates (big size (Megabytes)), Patches (medium size) and Hotfixes (small size).