FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ikillyou1990

exactly what is happening to me..
  2. Theave

Before the patch I was getting 40-30 fps on big fights with ultra settings and my GPU was at about 80% usage, 30-35& the CPU. Now I get 25-17 fps in big fights and only 35% of the gpu is being used and 40-45% the CPU ..

FX8150 @ 4.2ghz
    GTX 560 ti
    8 GB ddr3
  3. S!lent

Same issue here, although, I was having these issues since the minor patch before the recent Game Update. Checked my CPU / GPU utilization and was getting ~80-90% CPU / ~25-35% GPU. Prior to the aforementioned minor update I was getting roughly 60-70% CPU / 65-80% GPU utilization.

Almost impossible to fight effectively in medium sized engagements for me at this point.

Phenom II 955 OC'd to 3.9 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    6950 2 GB
  4. pmurgs

Also lost ~33% fps since GU4. Used to get 45 fps in major battles, now down to 30 fps.

i7 2600k @ 4.5, 8Gb, 5970+5850, Win 7 64.

Seriously SOE, you need to find a way to multi thread your code better. Clearly you are heavily taxing a single core on an intel cpu with your main thread and I feel for the amd cpu users. You also need to be more careful what you change in your code because clearly with GU4 you added some code that's now making your main thread consume 50% more cpu time.
    • Up x 1
  5. reddragons

They are aware of the issue.... So you can stop debating over whether the obvious frame rate hit is real or hundreds are just imagining it. It's real.
    (from twitter)
    For the record, I am also imagining a 50% fps loss... from 60-100 to 20-50. It actually reminds me of the first or second update. If you remember the same type of thing happened. A day or two later they had a hotfix that corrected the issue.
  6. XRIST0

It never fully fixed the issue , just the stuttering it caused .. performance gets worse every game update , not better

Average fps has dropped heaps since beta.

The more players around , the worse it is too .
    • Up x 2
  7. reddragons

That's simply not true. It fixed what the patch had made worse. I'm not trying to sell you the idea that fps is great in the game. I'm saying it fixed what one thing broke.

I'd also like to add, aside from the fps making the game unplayable right now, the patch is fabulous. A+ for fixing the bunny hopping ******* hit boxes. This made me smile.
  8. BigOrbitalStrike

I have not been able to play since GU3 because of constant crashing. I have not updated to GU4 yet. Has GU4 solved the problems for those affected by GU3? Please chime in if it is now fixed for you. Thanks.
  9. RichardDunn

I tried lowering my graphics from high to medium without any difference. The game looks horrible on medium and I'm getting just as bad of frames.
  10. rhan101277

Making games is difficult, especially on such a huge scale. Give these guys/girls a break, they are working hard to bring us new content. I am sure they test these patches internally, but they have nowhere near the amount of different machines that the whole community has. They will fix it, it is a FREE game, I am paying $14.99/month but I realize that it takes hard work and different teams working on a game to make it right. That is why I will continue to pay $14.99/month and whatever extra for station cash.

Specs:
    Intel Core i5 3330
    8GB DDR3 1600
    Nvidia GeForce 660Ti 2GB
  11. dr_Fell

The same for me. My performance was best before GU2. Even after fixes it is still a bit lower now.

It fixed it for You, but it doesn't automatically mean that if someone has different experience, then it is not true.
    • Up x 1
  12. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

Just a quick update - a problem has been found, and we'll be testing the fixes and updating when it's tested and ready.
    • Up x 21
  13. LordMondando

Your the wind beneath my wings.
    • Up x 2
  14. Sinoby

Thanks! Looking forward to properly enjoying GU04
    • Up x 1
  15. XRIST0

Sweet !! thanks =)

Cant wait ..
  16. Suroped

So, did you get better performance with GU04 on your test machines in general? Or is it simply a content and balance update?
  17. PS2Freak

Same here. i am afraid of new continent and all that, how can i invest money in game i LOVE, if with every GU i losing Framerates. Before GU2 it was at best - 60 fps in busy fights, since then my enjoyment - cool down with every GU after. I really think Frames is everything and number one priority... Maybe there is need to limit Server Population. i dont know.

P.S. I love VR Area. finally i can test all the Scopes, without searching for old videos from beta describing the scopes. and it is honest move, because we get what we want and love. and not just hit and miss.
  18. Shasbot

Lowest FPS I've ever had playing this game. Any large battle on Indar sets me a little under 20, and under 20 is when I feel a game isn't worth playing any more. Hope it's fixed soon.
  19. rhan101277

Can you describe the problem you found for other code monkeys? I know there could be others but it is still interesting.
  20. Tythes

Did you guys forget to update your profile with new code for profile guided optimizations again? :D