DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. wesmagyar

I Tried almost all of the Work Arounds in this thread and none of them have worked... which makes me a sad, sad panda... anyhow,
    I Just made a more comprehensive video with the specific issues i have been having and posted it to YouTube. Its still uploading right now but should be available within the next 20 minutes or so. I Am hoping a Dev will see it and it will help them Resolve the issue.

2. Zakuak

Oh and I'll also say the bcdedit from cmd prompt just gave me a "boot system access denied...cannot open.." reply. It's been a loooong time since I messed about in cmd but I checked spelling, spaces...tried it 5 or 6 times but couldn't get it to go.
  3. Shasbot

You didn't have permission to use it. But don't worry, I tried it already and it had no effect. :)
  4. wesmagyar

You need to do it at an elevated command prompt. so hit the windows key in the search box type cmd then right click the program when it comes up and run as administrator and give it a shot. this didn't work for me at all but maybe you will get lucky.
  5. Zakuak

Roger that, I went and ran it as admin, rebooted, reloaded PS2 but with out fail 15 minutes into the game I was able to unload an entire LMG clip into a VS LA who was trying to secure a generator and he wouldn't die. I mean full clip standing behind him at point blank LOL...after he defused the Gen he turned and killed me 0_o

Hell I even threw a nade in for good measure...on a LA...WELP....
  6. Hoschi

OK Guys, looks like I've fixed it. Shradded now for an hour or so and no "lags" appear so far.
    I tried all hints posted here but nothing helped so far.

Just a change of my bus speed on my oc'ed system to 10 MHz less than usual (used and also +5 MHz) worked but just with a fixed Vcore on CPU. If I use standard AUTO settings on Vcore it seem to be the same.
    I also set the timings of my memory a bit less than the standadard specs from CAS, RAS to CAS and RAS precharge and set it to +1 clock cycle.

Related to HPET I've read now it's not working properly in WIN 7 so you can try also first to DISABLE HPET in your BIOS before starting to over or under clock your system.

Anyway this is a realy strange behavior after the last patch. And as I read many ppl are facing this issues already a longer period.
    In my case it just happened with the last patch.
    I agree my system is harcore OC'ed with a Watercooling system but it's "prime" stable for several hours and I never faced such strange **** like this.

Sure PS2 is a challange for any kind of CPU but this is realy a no go from my perspective, if users/customers need to change BIOS setting and system recources to run a application/game.

I really like the game and was often close to buy station cash but I thought always "No wait, lets see if they manage to fix the elemental bug's before you spend money" ...
    SONY! I beg you, please check the code and fix these elemental issues first.
    It's realy ridiculous to see, you fix hitboxes and weapon power but the elemental stuff is just ignored.

Flickering textures
    Planetside.exe encountered a problem an need to be closed.
    Frozen screens
    Frame drops to 0.1 frames per second
    Cheat protection

Regards

VollDerHoschi on (EU) Woodman

EDIT
    Forgot to say I also disabled all power saving stuff in BIOS like e.g. C1 halt state stuff you should check also
  7. Kvakva

I was silent for bugs/performance/crashes/ninja nerfs without even mentioning anything before. But this is getting ridiculous. Bug after bug after bug.
  8. MaelstromSOB

SOE....membership holders are leaving in droves.........including me now.

you obviously fcked up something major this last patch,revert the servers cause at this point unless im given more time on subscription or a refund your never ever ever in my lifetime, gonna see another dime from me
  9. Hoschi

Ok now after a while I need to refuse my Workaround.

IT IS NOT FIXED

I still do have the same issues, only diffrence seem to be it takes longer till it will start now.
    Privious it start after 2-5min now I'm able to play for 20-30min. till it starts again.
    After log out and in again I'm able to play for additional 20-30min.
  10. X2daZ

Yeah, I'm done trying to fix it let alone play; it sure would be nice if SoE would at least swing by and pretend to acknowledge the problem.
    • Up x 1
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Not sure how accurate the alleged reasons behind this are.

I have a very stable clock speed, monitored on CPU-Z on a second screen. Windows Power Oprtions set to 100% min and Max frequency. Custom power plan. (named Warp Factor 9) All power saving plans disabled in BIOS that are available in BIOS.

Clock speed varies by .00X in CPUZ, Very stable OC. Very stable system overall; I did my homework when I built it being my 3rd build. Dual monitors and I always have my 'gauges' up: CPUZ, Nvidia System Monitor. Occasionally Speedfan and Windows Task Manager Performance too.

Still get Desync and the Amazing Disappearing Planet. Usually happens in the wee hours of the morning as far as Desync goes, but hit detection and minor desync happens in big battles all the time.

My opinion:

The game was pushed out before it was ready for the holidays. Now they have an ocean of code to wade through and fix lots of things that patience and testing would have put a stop to in the first place.
  12. Pompeybear

Had another go through my bios this morning , nothing I can change will stop this happening.

Everything starts well, 10 mins in, hit detection disappears, then people start warping . Log out , log in ,problems sorted for 10 mins until de sync happens again. I can stand at warp gate for 10 mins and still starts, I can be in empty area it still starts.
    10 min bursts to play a game is not good in a team mmo!

Everything was fine before last patch so what's changed ? I can say absolutely nothing on my side.

Pretty annoyed as all support do is tell me to mess with my Bios ! You are kidding me right? I run a decent rig 7970 fx 8350 etc OC'd and support are telling me and several others with exact same issue its our fault and de clock etc. ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF BEING A PC GAMER I CAN UPGRADE MY RIG OTHERWISE I WOULD BE ON AN XBOX OR PS3. Just seems weird we all see exactly same issues and we have all played game perfectly at some stages until straight after patches.I was having a blast until your last patch.

I played Joint Ops about 8 years ago on dial up on crappy PC's and it was a large scale fps yet never seen the same rubbish we see here.

There are more threads on this by the hour so at least some sort of acknowledgement from SOE that you can see the issue , if you cant replicate it ,pop round my gaffe and take a look , my mrs will knock you up some tea as well . Or you can look at a lot of you tube footage of people with same issue.

I will NOT accept its my rig as its just happening to too many people for this to be a coincidence after recent patches.
  13. Zakuak

Yeah its not peoples rigs creating the problem but it could be the code along with some rigs hardware combinations? I dunno ...I mean a PC is meant to run processes. I do not think my hardware has the ability to arbitrarily say "hmm lets run this process different then we are instructed to, just for fun"....the good old "poodoo in poodoo out saying comes to mind.

I know, it's a broad generalization, yeah yeah there is various ways of doing things for all sorts of hardware but it felt good saying it =P

Either way, I know it worked fine prior to the March 1st patch, no lag no missing hit detection and so forth.

Some of the suggestions for work arounds are funny though. You know that if any of these work arounds held water SOE would probably easily address it. I doubt they'd come in here and say "Yes change your platformclock, everyone, now", people would flip and point right back at SOE for derp code.
  14. Shasbot

I think it's fixed for me. At least for this one 30m play session.
  15. Zakuak

Shas, what did you do?
  16. Shasbot

Just the same crap, but after a hard reboot, setplatform thing, set then defaulted CPU and GPU. Also disabled the ASUS AI thing. Since you've got the same system try turning off "AI Suite II 1.02.03" and see what happens.

Or specifically disable the "Monitor > Sensor (v1.00.07)" feature, which can be found under the application settings.
  17. newtis

guys dont fiddle with your systems. it has sth. to do with the server power. maybe they have lower bandwith or sth. or servers are overloaded or some script errors dunno. but clocking your CPU? cmon when you have no knowledge dont do sth. at all. ^^ and dont write threads about how this may have helped. its driving away from the error into something overclockers strange stuff. dont do it or the problem will never get fixed.
  18. Zakuak

Yeah Newtis I...Kinda follow you.

I do not think anything we can do on our end with regards to our CPU clock speed ( l.m.a.o.) could create the condition we see in game lol, c'mon. I am grabbing at anything though in a desperate attempt to get the game back to where it was on Feb 28th pre patch.

These work arounds are borderline absurd IMO, no offense to any of you who've suggested them and more power to you if it worked. If they work then I'd venture to guess you have other underlying issues with your PC. Bottom line is it looks as though none of these work arounds have helped and I hope the DEVs notice that and don't walk away thinking "man these idiots have some messed up computers, no wonder they have issues". lol =P
  19. Neohart

Really annoyed that we have not received any word on this, can't even play the game due to this! Who knows when this will even be addressed!
  20. Pompeybear

Zak I notice you have a crosshair MB , are you running AI suite ? If so turn off of the monitors in it. Weirdly it fixed my issue . Shasbot had same issue and it sorted his also . Grats to him for finding it.