DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Katayamma

If you have Vista or 7, don't forget to go into power management and set CPU performance to be max. That way Windows isn't tweaking processor performance for you when you least expect it.
  2. LordMondando

Also worth doing. Though likely not the cause of it for a lot of people.
  3. Naceo

In AMD CPU/GPU systems there is also a power management option in the AMD control pannel that will drop your CPU clocks when it is idle. Make sure that's not screwing with your CPU as well.

Basically any software solution for adjusting the CPU clock rate is a bit of a red flag. Better to use your BIOS and make sure it stays there.
    • Up x 1
  4. LordMondando

Though if your lazy/incompetent at OCing like me, and want to use an software option, option 4) does appear to fix the problem.
  5. Delain81

So just to get it right (im really stupid when it comes to computers..) i just type the following line

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

and right after that i close the window and reboot my system, right?
    Don't wanna mess even more **** up..
  6. wesmagyar

tried that... didnt work for me at all...
  7. Delain81

Yep, same here. Support got no ideas as well anymore and told me to wait for next hotfix and that he is sorry about my xp boost running out for the last 3 days without being used..lol..
  8. Phaze

Any ideas?

This issue never... maybe once?... happened before the merger. I've changed nothing on my computer other than patching PS2. Now, it has happened 3 of the last 4 times I've logged in. 1 time, it was fine and I played for hours with no issues.

I reinstalled... I've validated... I tried deleting useroptions.ini.

I'm using an i7 980x @ 4.3.
  9. LordMondando

There's something wrong with the 'where players might be prediction' code. methinks.

In some people, under situations X1 through Xn it causes **** to warp around.

In other people, under situations Y1 through Yn its causing terrible fps in battles.

I think they are looking at it, I hope they are looking at it.
  10. Deathcapt

I have a similar, related issue, where I can repair / revive / drive / fly /heal/ resupply / build turrets, everything fine EXCEPT deal damage. Bullets do nothing, rockets do nothing, grenades do nothing, landmines do nothing. Sometimes people don't even see me shooting.
  11. Edgewalkr

I've been getting this issue tonight, never had it before. After about 15 minutes of playtime I just can't deal any damage other than melee. Everyone around me starts warping as well.
    I quickly filmed this while I was being affected by the issue
  12. Deathcapt

Yeah, that's exactly the symptoms I suffer. I've disabled my in-game VOIP and it seems to be fixing it.
  13. Shasbot

None of the work arounds did anything for me. Issue seems unrelated to CPU.
  14. Zakuak

Same issue for me after yesterdays patch. Never ever saw anything like this on my end and it looks like some of you have been seeing this for a month now...Ouch!!!

My OS profile is set to max performance, my OC is manual....I have no idea where my book on voodoo went but I can try some of that....
    • Up x 1
  15. Pompeybear

Just tried the underclock , nothing after 10 mins play then desync! balls to it , no more mucking around with my rig . Overclock stays and membership cancelled until SOE sorts it.
  16. Zakuak

yeah I went in and set clock to stock...didnt help, set a under clock (WTF who does that???) didnt help either.
    I disabled voice
    deleted INI
    the list goes on...this is not on our end.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pompeybear

Snap , I seem to be same as you , everything ran well. Good rig, tried all workarounds and just tried command prompt thing. No success .

My list is now exhausted over to you SOE.
  18. Pompeybear

Are people with windows 8 having same issues? just an idea.
  19. Shasbot

I reinstalled the game as well. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. This is getting ridiculous now. :rolleyes:

Nope, Win7 here.
  20. Zakuak

Good lord I hope Win8 isn't the answer LOL....f.m.l...