Are the Magrider Strafe Changes Intentional?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Varben, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wobberjockey

what is shell shocking is that instead of FIXING the TR and NC, they decided it was better to break the mag and be done with it
  2. Louis Farrakhan

the magrider is not broken. it now behaves more like a proper tank.
  3. Wobberjockey

paralax/ram 50/longshot has a bullet speed of 650m/s

locked down prowler fires at 750 m/s
  4. Sedisp

I'm TR brah. Thank God. You are NC.
  5. TigaloN

As of this patch, we cant move side to side smoothly. We can move side to side slowly and sluggish. So no, thats exactly what we dont have as of this patch.
  6. Varben

I can't imagine this Magrider change sticking around, and I expect a hell of a nerf to the Prowler. Keep just saying "vanu tears' though, it shows how little you actually understand the game.
  7. Oraculum

Oh look how the tables have turned. I saw so many high and mighty Vanu on the forums telling TR/NC to suck it up, l2p and stop whining. Now that you've actually got something to whine about in your otherwise perfect little lives you blow the forums up.
  8. Flix

A mag cant behave like a proper tank becaus it IS no proper tank..wtf dude. Give us a turret already.
  9. Acceleratio

The problemm i see with this is that the magrider will still be sitting on hills sniping, since this is the only thing they can actually do in a decent fight. They really suck in a battle aggaisnt other tanks now. Was driving around in my vang and boy i could eat mags for breakfast. I was even able to outmanouver them haha.
    Poor suckers all they can do now is sit on hills and snipe down. Nice great thats exactly what we didnt want.
    • Up x 2
  10. Varben

This is basically an undocumented change that doesn't even seem like it's intentional. That's the whole point of this thread. You'd be upset too if there was a sudden and drastic change that they said they'd never do and wasn't even stated in the patch notes.
  11. Sedisp

As opposed to the NC doing that about everything?

To be fair I haven't seen something so objectively bad since the Scat MAX nerf in beta.

To which the NC through a tantrum about.
  12. Flix

Jeah and guess what..we cant do this eighter because of the prowler-lockdown"fix". And the vanguards bullets are faster too but i haven`t fight one to see if that matters.
  13. Vorxil

Simple demonstration: The Magrider strafe speed is what, 15 kph, and the Prowler top speed is 60 kph. If both tanks strafe from a constant distance, then they show a roughly equal area of armor to each other.

Strafe speed ratio: 60/15 = 4

The side of a prowler takes 6 hits of a stock Magrider HEAT. A magrider takes 9 hits in the front of a stock Prowler HEAT.

Strafe armor ratio: 5/9 ~ 0.56

Conclusion: The Prowler, a tank with roughly equal area, gets to move four times faster while having more than half of the armor compared to the Magrider. Add to that all the other Prowler buffs and you end up making Magrider strafing completely useless.
  14. Haya jii san

What does strafing has to do with hill climbing lol ? It can hover and it was unique fluff / flavor ability.

You wanna nerf it? Fine.
    You wanna buff other tanks? Fine.

Why you take away the 1 theme ability of the tank lol ?

The sharron is nerfed and really we could not care less. Nerf it even more.

But why the %^&* you take away the one thing that actually makes the tank fun to play ?

ps : I have certed 3k ++ certs on maggie. Why ? Cause it was fun. I would like a revamp / re-cert optiion !
  15. Bambolero

In your own imaginary game world maybe.
    In reality, in a PVP game, we want balance... hell even in a PVE MMOs people demand it.
    You had your '15 OP minutes' (that lasted 4 months) with the Mag, now the party is over, welcome to balance.
  16. Wobberjockey

17. Tvayumat

Now, as much as I enjoy the VS tears, I have to admit that I think a BETTER nerf would have been to drop the Magrider armor (Like the VS keep claiming it is, despite it being exactly the same as a Prowler) and simply make it so strafe didn't add so much to traction for hill climbing.
  18. Sedisp

Then give them a tracked tank with a turret. Not a hover tank with a fixed gun that retains no advantages of a hover tank.
  19. Tvayumat

Asymmetric balance.

They ARE supposed to be on equal footing through a balance of niche abilities. They ARE NOT supposed to be 2 laughable novelty abilities and one glaringly obvious overpowered ability.
  20. Llaf

This
    This
    This
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.