Yay, another update delayed!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Booticus

Have you played any MMO ever? Actually, have you played life, ever? Delays happen, all the time, regardless of the industry, the only people who can't handle these delays are kids, because they aren't used to it yet.
  2. 89xOnoma89

Jokes on you, it is still delayed within 24 hours of when it was supposed to be live.
  3. 89xOnoma89

Maybe if it wouldn't have been delayed within 24 hours of when it was supposed to be live, he wouldn't be unhappy or am I being a little to reasonable.
    • Up x 1
  4. 89xOnoma89

So basically they realized within less than 24 hours of it going live that it would likely take 5-7 more days for it to be ready to go live. Hm......................
    • Up x 1
  5. 89xOnoma89

No point in releasing a date when it is going to be released if your not absolutely sure when it will be ready.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rhumald

I work in IT for very large clients... you would be surprised.
    • Up x 4
  7. HerbertKnivez

I feel like you need little update here, yes, delays happen, I understand that. But they do NOT happen every single time, say if I need to go to the shops because there is no milk, sometimes I will be delayed, get caught up in TV, but. That happens about 1/4 of the time....
  8. Yosarian

People's gripe is SOE's lack of respect for paying customers. I don't care what business you're in you don't set unrealistic target dates, if anything you say something is coming way later so that people are happy when it comes "early." You also don't charge people for a half finished product. We all know MMO's take time to make perfect, but this isn't a completed game with a few scuffs that need polishing, it's major haphazard clusterf**k of bad coding rampant cheaters bad optimization that's crashing and burning currently and yet the devs took time off for a vacation? I'm part owner of a small business and I wish I had sony's backing so I could treat all my customers like garbage and still expect them to pay.
    • Up x 3
  9. Fallout10mm

Only delayed for a couple days, better that then them droping another fail hotfix like the one that broke turrets. or traction....or crazylegs.
  10. Yosarian

oh but bro you're assuming them pushing the date back means it's NOT gonna be fail patch...better they put it out now and fix whatever they manage to break with it
  11. ArrowRL201

If you would like to quit the game because of a delayed patch, then by all means, please do so. I for one certainly will neither mind nor care.
  12. Yosarian

because of a delayed patch? or because the game is completely unplayable and they seem to be in no particular hurry to fix it? Or...maybe just maybe it's because SOE seems so disorganized it's really REALLY hard to imagine them pulling this off while there's still anyone playing...[/quote]
  13. ArrowRL201

[/quote]

If you would like to quit the game FOR ANY REASON, then please do so. I for one will STILL neither mind nor care.
  14. Peanut Butter

I would rather have the update delayed and work properly then for them to release it on time and then have to make 2 hotfixes to fix all the things that are broken with the patch.
  15. Yosarian

and btw...no one cares that you obviously have all the time in the world to wait for them to fix this game, clearly you don't understand how MMO's work so I'll make it easy

1. release
    a. bad release=game loses massive potential audience
    b. early release=game loses massive numbers of players who played beta and were told they wouldn't release till it's done.

2. after release
    a. 1st major patch=people will expect it to fix most problems with the launch
    b. If it doesn't... people lose faith in the companies ability to move forward
    c. when people lose faith in a companies ability to produce a reliable fun game free of cheaters and game killing bugs, they leave
    d. when people leave, there's no one left to fight
    e. no one left to fight....game over
  16. HerbertKnivez

I'm guessing you only read the first post? It is not just THIS patch that has been delayed, Every single patch since release has been delayed for at least 30 minutes, and some of them still broke things anyway, just because it is late, does not mean that it will work. If they had listened they would have fixed what happened with the 17/1/13 patch, that broke so many peoples games. But SOE ignored them and started feeding us discounted SC packs so they could make some more money off of us, don't get me wrong, I like sony, I like the devs, but I don't like the way they handle there timing.
    • Up x 1
  17. ArrowRL201

No one = who?
    Everything else = Citation needed
  18. PresidentFreeman

They said later this week, hopefully the 'tentative' in their announcement isn't a sign of anything.
    • Up x 1
  19. Yosarian

no one=majority of everyday players, you will get the random flushes of new players but the core audience will be done
    citation=star wars the old republic- see also:failure of a AAA company, using a AAA IP, with AAA financial backing.
  20. Phsychotica

How about they start acting like professionals and stop setting actual dates.

Take a look at the gaming industry:

AAA companies mostly concerned about money set actual dates for release, game comes out on that day.
    Small Indie companies who make games because they like games state an estimated release date then release 6 months late.

The difference between the two is that the indie games usually feel like releases and the AAA usually games feel like betas. I'll admit that a fair few indie games come out buggy but usually only because of budget issues forcing release. AAA games have much larger budgets but come out buggy anyway.

All the really big AAA games I have played recently have been manure on release, plain and simple. The ideas are sound but the QA is terrible.

SOE shouldn't set dates and then tell us. They should release patches when the patches are actually ready and give us a rough ballpark with a "Not a promise" disclaimer.

(This is my opinion and is likely to differ wildly from your own. If you can provide evidence to disprove it; please do but don't post simply to insult me.)
    • Up x 1