Yay, another update delayed!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ArrowRL201

"New players" and "Core audience" = who, again? Have you actually polled anyone about this? I mean, beyond just the Official SOE forums? Because if not I doubt you can speak for either group.

SW:TOR = Different system and setup. TOR is similar only in the MMO aspect; comparing SW:TOR and PS2 is like comparing PS2 to Echo Bazaar or even Gaia Online. Video games are less about "genre" and more about what players get out of them. PlanetSide 2 is less about story, narrative, and living a second life than The Old Republic and World of Warcraft are. That comparison is like comparing Counterstrike and Portal 2 to each other - they are both first person and they both involve shooting, but one is a "proper" FPS and the other is clearly a puzzle game.

Citations complete.
  2. Yosarian

OK fanboy we get it now spit the devs junk out of your mouth.

You're right it's about what you get out of them, and right now the only thing you're even supposed to get out of ps2, a reliable fun FPS MMO that doesn't lag bug or crash every 20 min for the average player and they have failed at that. The reason I hate people like you is you all have the same attitude "well it's working for me so eff you"

Don't preach to me noob I've played and forgotten more MMO's than you've even heard of.
  3. ArrowRL201

Impressive choice of words.

You must be an excellent Call of Duty player.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yosarian

I'm done replying to you...there's unfortunately no cure for stupid, but don't worry kiddo they're working on it
  5. ArrowRL201

But I only said you were a good Call of Duty player. I was unaware that being a good player of a certain video game was considered "stupid".
  6. Peanut Butter

Actually I read every post before I posted, and I can also say that this was the case in beta as well with the patches. And yes, the patches break things, but the question is how much MORE would have been broken if the patch was released on time.

If you want them to "Keep their schedule," then I do not think you will be pleased with the results.
  7. Mortucus

its lower end gpu thats coping a tweek not lower end cpu
  8. Mortucus

this update has been in motion for more then 2 months its a last second post to a patch that was supposed to be put online today if they said 1 week ago were are delaying the pacth diffrent story... but it was last second they pulled it means there is a big pile of poooooo coding they have to fix that would have stuffed the game more then likely
  9. Yosarian

I realize I said I wasn't gonna reply but w/e...
    You were suggesting that because COD is notorious for being a cesspool of potty mouthed kids and you know it. I'm angry, not because I'm some kid who doesn't understand how games and the world works, but because I'm a professional, and I work hard for my money, and when I spend it on something I expect professionalism in return. I've had my gripes with SOE in the past, bad customer service which has improved I'll admit since the days of everquest. Poor handling of customer feedback and over reaching with game mechanics (eq2 had a few "optimization issues" at launch lul). Oh and let's not forget SWG....step 1 buy lucrative game with large base.. step 2 gut the game and slap eq2's UI and combat system in it... step 3 profit? step 4 ohnoes! no profit! ... after all that I was still willing to give them another chance and even some of that tasty pre order money....and they delivered me a steaming pile of broken codes with an IUO taped to the front saying "back in 6 months"
  10. ArrowRL201

Well, you may take that complement however you wish to.

So we all make bad choices in life. The real question is how you deal with it: by raging about it on the forums, or simply acknowledging that the company has let you down and simply don't buy their products anymore. I've been let down on a personal level by one particular video game company, but I don't rage on their forums about how they altered the one game that changed my life: I just smile and move on.
  11. HerbertKnivez

Actually I think the game would be fine if they kept there schedule, stopped wasting time with sales and the roadmap (It is a good idea, but they NEED to FIX the game before they start rolling out new content)
    • Up x 1
  12. Yosarian

Well that's very zen of you, here's my method.
    I vent my rage and let them know how I feel because I hope they listen and possibly get it together. I like the concept of this game, I loved the hell out of certain builds in the beta that didn't seem to have any major issues. I really want this game to come together because it's a GREAT concept with a lot of work put into it. You might see a few rage posts from me but if you watch the forums 80% of my posts are constructive. I care about the game and I'm freaking out because it seems they are mismanaging the crap out of it and I'm afraid it will be dead and abandoned with me being one of the last hold out players hoping everyone will come back like so many other great MMO's that couldn't pull it together before the players had gotten frustrated and left.
  13. ArrowRL201

The devs do whatever they'll want to do, for good or ill. I don't think raging about it on the forums will change anything. How often do you think, in any video game's official forums, do you see rage and intolerance worthy of the worst Call of Duty child? Out of those times, how many times do you think anyone takes them seriously?

Hell, in real life, how many times have you yelled at someone and they said "You know what? You have a point. Maybe I should listen to you."?

There are plenty of other games to play aside from PlanetSide 2. Play one of them. Do something else. There're plenty of other things to do; as a 'professional', I'm sure you can think of ten off the top of your head.

You want to live a happier life? Accept that some situations, like this one, you can't alter, especially with rage. Just let it go.

Or don't. It's your choice.

[/zen][/replies]
  14. VKhaun

Have you guys never played an SoE game before?

This isn't a debate about what's best, or what needs to be done. You have to look at their history in other games, compare to beta and launch, and accept that these trends are not going to stop. They didn't design another buggy game released early with features removed, and then immediately start pushing new content back because they're efficient at updates lol. That's not how logic works, people.

Your game is going to be plagued by hackers, updates are going to come very slowly and always be pushed back, and there will always be bugs and exploits. That's the SoE way. Good fun game ideas with an excellent feel, bad implementation, low efficiency.

And this is NOT an insult. Every group in the world has strategies and trends from politics to film to restaurants to hospitals. Things they focus on and do well, and things they don't. You don't go to Wal-Mart for service and you don't go to Giant for prices.

I can still have fun in Planetside2 because it's a good game underneath it, so I stay (Though I haven't played much just recently, I still do look forward to logging on when I'm in the mood for a shooter). After playing Diablo2 on open bnet and counter-strike when it was a mod. I can handle this. I look forward to new guns and features, but I am not going to start marking my calendar based on the dates put forward by a company like this.
  15. Lakora

People don't leave because of frustration, they leave cause lack of anything to do. Besides you're comparing an FPSMMO to standard MMORPGS only MMO that you could even compare with would be PS1 now I didn't play that myself so I can't say how the playerbase was. But it sure as hell wasn't dead nor empty.

Also if you don't know anything about programming than don't complain... To simplify it for you, you're making a very simple calculator ain't too hard can take about 5m with C++... Now let say you want to integrate that simple calculator into another set of code, you'll inevitably have errors in which case you'll debug. Now the debugging process of anything is actually the longest in terms of time needed since you need to check, double check and triple check to make sure you don't screw anything over. Now in reality another set of errors would most likely occur so you'd go back to debugging and fixing, debugging and fixing.

Now deadlines might be all good and so, everyone works after a deadline. BUT if that debugging and fixing process drags out on time there's nothing else to do than to delay something. Heck you're complaining about a patch, yet others are waiting for games to even be released cause of being "pushed back" which in all honesty is just another way of saying it's delayed. How do they react? "Good, take your time to make the game good" and so on, they don't go on complaining about deadlines.

But yeah sure, let them know that you want a buggy, **** all patch that will ruin your game and also make it unplayable cause you can't handle a delay. Me, I'll be sitting in a dark corner waiting feeling sorry for the poor sods cause debugging is an horrendous task but sadly no one else can really do it since every coder/programmer got their own "style" of writing so to say.

Also I'm no fanboy I'm not happy about it either since I was looking forward to getting an SMG for my Infil along with the other changes... I'm just a Game Design: Programming student and I hate debugging it's an horrendous task as I already said. Got nightmares about it. So yeah, if you can't do it better than them just don't say anything. But if you think you can, well the job openings are somewhere on one of their sites.

NOTE to the devs: Fix the patch, comment out the broken parts and fix them later even tho that would probably break something else... Point being I want my SMG!

EDIT: What above poster is saying is also try for any kind of MMO n FPS imo nothing special with SoE. Wow still got bugs from 8 years ago.
    • Up x 1
  16. BenYeeHua

I can accept the delay of the patch, I just can't accept they don't give the patch to let us test.
    So we can test it on many computer and catch some problem that can't be see in their computer.:)
    While let the other normal player that don't wanna to test to see what will coming.;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Lakora

You could of said that in one line too be fair...

"Why is there no test server?" :p
    • Up x 2
  18. Munq

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Here we present to you the perfect example of human being whining about everything. No matter what happens, people will whine about release being delayed because of bugs or it is released on time with bugs in it.

BEHOLD, THE ORIGINAL POSTER, THE ULTIMATE PROOF THAT FORUMS ARE FULL OF WHINES:

HERBERTKNIVEZ, EVERYBODY!

*audience gasps*
    • Up x 1
  19. HerbertKnivez

Well, your a moron :D

EDIT: Uhh, M.o.r.o.n... Didn't know that was a swearword
  20. Yosarian

I do appreciate the hard work and nightmares of coding...but that's also what they do for a living...it's pretty rough for the poor guy working at mcdonald's but I'm still gonna be mad if they screw up my order, and I'm a nice guy, the first time I'll tell them nicely "excuse me, yeah sorry it was this burger actually don't worry these things happen" but if I come in every day and they screw up my order I'm either gonna stop being nice or leave, but at that point I usually feel the need to let the manager know that I was mistreated so he /she can do what needs to be done to make that business work and turn a profit.