Yay, another update delayed!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Yosarian

Maybe I'm an ******* because I want people to get better, and I know you're like that doesn't work! Well after 4 years in the military I can tell you... if you coddle people and tell them how awesome of a job they're doing when they're not they never fix it.
  2. Turiel =RL=

The delay has an upside: All the new game breaking bugs will be delayed also!
    • Up x 1
  3. Sparks

So you're not looking forward to those? I mean the crazy legs animation was hilarious a few patches ago after all.
    • Up x 2
  4. Lakora

You must have crappy mcdonald's where you live than... Cause here in sweden if they screw up you get one more burger free of charge. :D

Also you can't really say that they're doing it all the time since last I checked this is only the second "major" release and as far as I remember (Not far at all) the first one was actually on time. Feel free to correct me on that one, but there's also a difference between a burger and block of code... Calling it a nightmare is an understatement a single error a single forgotten ) or } or a ; can screw up thousand lines of code if you're unlucky than finding it is even worse. xD God knows I had my fair share of simple simple bloody errors and still spent days trying to figure out why the hell I kept getting errors. Never facepalmed harder in my life.
  5. Yosarian

lol
    love it...

devs....eff this whole roadmap thing, get a damn public test server, that's your effing roadmap and feedback generator....there I solved your game issues....check please *grabby hand*
  6. Yosarian

again bro I know it's a nightmare that's why i'm boggled that they didn't do a public test server i mean EQ...test server, EQ2, test server, planetside 1 test server......planetside 2? F*#K IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE! lul
    • Up x 1
  7. Intruder313

OP: get a grip you entitled buffoon.

I considered the Update they announced to be very optimistic and several times I've said "they won't make it". While I was ultimately correct the delay is minor and several elements of the Update are already live due to small patches.

So I'm very pleased overall and a few more days of testing is preferable to me too.
  8. gobbybobby

are there any update notes anywhere yet

and does this update include any optimization?
  9. Paulus

i'd much rather they test something and fix the bugs before unleashing something on the live servers. They want to delay it a week? fine, take your time, do it right.
  10. Yosarian

You're missing our grief, the problem is that internal testing is worthless in a MMO, you need a live test server to test the build with the equivalent of a live server's worth of players and information. They can "internal test" all they want it's gonna release as garbage because it's not the same as having an entire server of players testing and finding the bugs for them.
    • Up x 2
  11. Flukeman62

i think this delay is because they are deciding to throw in a few features in at the last minuet E.G. the vanguard/prowler buff and the jack-hammer buff
    • Up x 1
  12. Lakora

Why oh, why complicate it than? Why not just say "I want a test server" :S is it that hard? Lol wouldn't mind a test server... Heck why not an event server as well would make things fair... Heck Eve got an event server so why not PS2?
    • Up x 2
  13. Satanam

This is just that funny. Some people just can't understand that, while they're doing this patch, some glitches may appear, or even they just didn't have the time to check the full patch and try it to be sure it's not gonna bring any new annoying stuff. And it's not happening only to SOE. Our better let them do what they know how to do and wait when they're really ready to bring the patch.
    It's just a game, a freaking great game, but still a game. It's here to entertain us, I'm sure you can wait.
  14. Thornton14

Close your mouth and don't open it again you nasty ****. Nobody is threatened by you your not a tough guy.
  15. Drayth

I just hope they're taking the extra time to nerf AA so that air actually has a purpose again
  16. Drol

Well the roadmap is meant for a more long term plan, so people can "cross out" the useless parts that won't ultimately benefit anyone before they have to essentially waste time and effort coding it all in, just to have to code it all out again.

Also, just a note on coding and releases; it's not always a straight forward "delete the broken parts" to fix code/builds. Often something is built together, meaning that it takes just as long to take something out as it does to add it in, not to mention that the entire build must be re-tested since it is different to the original build.
    Anyone who works in the building or testing of any program will know about this cycle and just how much time one tiny bug can add to the whole process as it can often render all tests so far void.

The funniest part here is where one poster referred to 30 minutes as delayed. Absolute joke. We aren't talking busses or trains here.
    • Up x 2
  17. exLupo

Internal testing is for, primarily, poking new features to make sure they work and for regressing existing bugs that code has stated are now fixed. Two things you want to do before releasing it to the public, regardless of whether or not a public test server exists. The cursory "Does this crash 100% of the time." test is a bonus.

Having worked that job for a number of years I can tell you, without a doubt, that internal testing is necessary. After launch it's no longer there to black box, that's the job of the public. Always has been, always will be. Internal becomes a specialized tool to do things the public cannot.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jumpy-B-L

• Up x 1
  19. exLupo

To me that says "mostly low end GPUs but not exclusively".

Have faith, my good man. They've come a long way since this summer.
    • Up x 2
  20. Hatamoto

Not stating what is being optimized except lower end gpus, is stupid imo ... Optimization is one of the biggest concerns and its not exactly focused on in those patch notes. A stupid move, unless of course none of those optimizations are anything really major. Wich brings us back to what smedley said about a big performance patch coming in january and how that statement was suddenly just forgotten.