October 2013 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Senior Producer Terry Michaels gives a sneak peek at what's coming up in the next few weeks:

Can't see the embedded video? Click this link to view it directly on YouTube.
    • Up x 8
  2. Shrouded Hope Active Member

Awesome news. Looking forward to all of it. The mention of the new novel makes me wonder if Enemy of my Enemy doesn't get continued right away? I'm very excited about playing an ogre in EQN and the story was just utterly badass this far, so I would be thrilled if we got to read it to completion without major delays.
  3. Gordion Member

I agree the novels have been fun reads. Looking forward to more backstory.

Also intrigued by the tease about info on tools... it makes sense that there are both terraforming and building tools, I just hadn't thought of them that way. Very curious to see to what degree we can manipulate our land claims.
  4. Coadex Active Member

I really need to look into these novels and online reads...
    I really want to read all these EQ stories, any particular place to read?
  5. Gordion Member

There are eBooks posted in the media section. That's a start. Not sure what else might be out there for EQN yet.
  6. JennBren Well-Known Member

Well the mention of new tools including some we've not seen yet will be wonderful. I for one am very interested in where they are going with the tools and just how much power they are putting in them. The claim that we are going to be given basicly the same set of tools that the devs use is a bold one which I really am hoping turns out. :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Riverelf New Member

The more information that comes out, the more excited I get. I have been hoping for a new game to play for a few years now. Reading the novella's really are worth the time. Thanks for the link.
    • Up x 1
  8. Azari Lite Member

9. Gordion Member

Yes, rather than modern, they could have used historic to better represent the idea.
  10. Coadex Active Member

Thanks. Nice short reads..
    Look forward to some continuations..
  11. Asphyx Well-Known Member

After seeing pictures of Daves keep, I am excited to start building. Can't wait to hear more about the tools! Me>Ready!
  12. Shyin Member

I am thoroughly enjoying the lore releases. The long novellas and the short stories are a great way to feed us the back story of Everquest Next. So hearing of the next release of lore coming soon has me waiting with anticipation.
  13. GrobbMatrix New Member

I guess I missed this back in time on some obscure SOE web page; who are the good races and who are the bad races?
    The combine is all just a bunch of refugees fighting dragon armies; that is EQN?
    EQN Norrath, does not have city states?

I am not really sure where EQN is going?

Now EQL looks like a great fun place.
    I am encouraged that SOE is making two EQ games.
    The forums might should be focused, one each, on EQL and EQN, these are parts of a whole?

The systems of EQL and EQN need better structure and delineation.
  14. Xurtan Well-Known Member

There are no good or evil races--we're all neutral, it is up to the player to decide who their character is. So far, it very much looks like we're all fighting for the Good of the Whole, regardless of what we want to play. *shrug* Still, it's early, and I'm hoping they just haven't released a lot of information. Personally, I have zero interest in helping the Combine. I'll probably side with the dragons or something for ancient knowledge if I can. Most of the cities don't exist or were destroyed, so we'll be rebuilding them as Rallying Calls, or founding them as we just founded Qeynos. *shrug* EQL has been billed as the gateway to EQN.
  15. Amris Well-Known Member

They admitted that after they started seeing some of the comments, they were also like... "Oh yeah. Why DID we say that, guys? Those aren't actually modern concepts at all!"

So yes, it threw a lot of us. And they said that they just kind of whiffed it on that one. It was an oversight or an error or just a simple, "throw this question out there" type thing that later left even them going, "Hmm, modern? Woops!"
  16. Kamanu New Member

17. GrobbMatrix New Member

ADDENDUM:

I am also not to worried about where EQN is going, SOE is has a long term plans.

The Forums need better structure and delineation for EQN and EQNL.

Where the bits fall might look like a leaf in the wind and that is a real trick SOE is going to make happen, in the new Norrath.

EQNL will have more or less cycles than EQN? EQNL will have more or less combat than EQN? EQNL will have more player stories and player tools and elements than EQN?

The FORUMS are kind of a mash up now and I am looking forward to both EQNL and EQN. Some days here it just seems like switching between the two get mashed and smashed in the forums now.
    • Up x 1
  18. Gordion Member

EQNL will be released long before EQN. An announcement on when the EQNL beta will start is expected within the next few weeks. (Notice, I didn't say beta would start in a few weeks, although I hope it does!).

At launch, EQNL is likely to have no combat at all, but combat is expected to be added. Whether the combat will ever be at the level planned for EQN is unknown.

Player-created content from EQNL will be selected for inclusion in EQN. It seems likely that with the artistic minds creating in-game masterpieces, EQN will have lots of great structures to choose from.

The sandbox/building game is definitely EQNL. Whether players in EQN will have tools to create similar things is doubtful, at least not to the same degree.

Making the text red and blue is a pain, but it sure helps me see which product I'm talking about. Starting to think we should refer to them as Landmark, and EQ Next. That would make it easier, as would having separate forums. However, some things overlap, so separate forums wouldn't necessarily solve all the problems.
    • Up x 1
  19. Faolan Member

I know I'm just an old-fashioned country barbarian warrior, but when something is described as a 'letter' I expect to have something to read. I'll watch it when I get home. :)
  20. Xurtan Well-Known Member

• Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.