Xurtan
Last activity:
Apr 14, 2014
Birthday:
Aug 15, 1988 (Age: 35)

Share This Page

Xurtan

Well-Known Member, Male, 35, from Grand Prairie, Texas

Why does it feel like they're trying to do away with what made EverQuest so great? Sep 21, 2013

1. Bivin
      Yeah, I want to make a hat like Bofur's in The Hobbit. That looks nice and warm.
    2. Bivin
      Xurtan, I wouldn't say this in the public forum. Santa hats are jarring? (Sniffle, then what am I going to make you for Frostfell......now I have to start over...sniffle.)
      Seriously, I can see your point, but if no Frosfell on the Immersion server, then my boys won't play on it.
      But I will. :)
      1. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        Just a matter of making the holiday cosmetic gear interesting enough in a lore based manner. *grin* Ice crowns or big fur hat or something, who knows. There's dozens of ways to celebrate a winter based holiday that aren't Christmas based, after all. ^_^
        Oct 14, 2013
    3. Bivin
      Thanks, Xurtan!
      If we can drive enough traffic to it over the weekend, maybe by Mon. or Tues. we might have some data (positive, I hope) that would make good evidence to present to Dave and the other devs.
      Thanks again.
      1. Xurtan
      2. Xurtan
    4. Bivin
      1. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        I like it, and voted. I'll see about getting some friends to vote, too. Only downside is holy hell that's an ugly link. *snort* Still. I'll see what I can do to direct traffic to it.
        Oct 5, 2013
      2. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        Also, this bit bugs me: "Not perma-death, not perma-lose your items." - Mostly the "perma-lose". Might just be me, but I would prefer to see that as 'No permanent death, nor permanent loss of items.' or such. I suspect I'm simply being picky. :p Good to see the poll is up!
        Oct 5, 2013
      3. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        Anyways, I hit up my guild, tossed it to a few friends, and posted it to Reddit. :p We'll see what kind of feedback we end up with.
        Oct 5, 2013
    5. Xurtan
      Why does it feel like they're trying to do away with what made EverQuest so great?
      1. JennBren and Gossamer like this.
      2. JennBren
        JennBren
        Have to agree. There were a huge number of things from the original EQ that made that whole MMO unique and very special in it's own right. Reinvention does not mean they have to throw away everything they have ever done.
        Oct 5, 2013
    6. Rtwo
      this isn't the xurtan from the original EQ is it?
      1. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        Depends on which server you found me. I was Xurtan on Rallos Zek, primarily. Also, sorry for the delay on replying to this, I didn't see the alert for it. -_-
        Sep 21, 2013
    7. Xurtan
      Spire to Spire, Ring to Ring. Mounts. Do we really need anything else?
      1. Gossamer likes this.
    8. Xurtan
      Still a Sony fanboy, just cynical. Really guys? Guns?
      1. Gossamer likes this.
    9. Xurtan
      I'm honestly baffled as to why they haven't changed the forums yet. Nested posts are an awful way to go.
    10. Marcks
      Did you happen to play EQ2 in a progression guild on Antonia Bayle at some point? The name seems familiar.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Marcks
        Marcks
        What do you think about the race/class thing? Obviously, I have a pretty strong opinion on it since I liked the EQ2 system and my main was the product of that (iksar/paladin). I like the idea of initial restrictions with some heavy consequences or game mechanics to get around them. Seems like a good compromise.
        Aug 7, 2013
      3. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        More or less the way I feel, yes. I think with the sandboxy feel they're going for, the amount of classes/races and such we're likely to run into, and the lore changes they've already introduced.. well. Let everyone have the chance to be any class.
        Aug 8, 2013
      4. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        I think it should be restricted when you make a character, and if you want to be something out of the normal you should need to accomplish an EQII Betrayal like quest, if not something more difficult. I wouldn't mind seeing penalties, either. After all, an Ogre Wizard won't have the same innate ability an Elf Wizard would. He should be able to close the gap through time and hard work, however.
        Aug 8, 2013
    11. Xurtan
      Jeez, these forums are kind of wonky, aren't they. Clunky and inefficient, they really needed a good beta test themselves. *snort*
    12. Xurtan
      Status? Imagine I'm like the rest of us old EQ players, hoping for a beta invite. :p
  • Signature

[IMG]

About

Birthday:
    Aug 15, 1988 (Age: 35)