Last activity:
Oct 9, 2014
Home page:
Author

Share This Page

Amris

Well-Known Member, Female, from New Hampshire, USA

1. Leah
      You may have a new fan. I read a few of your samples. I love a good story. Thanks for pointing me to the link.
      1. Amris
        Amris
        That would be awesome for both of us. I do have to say that finding a new author that I really like in this genre can be a real treat. I do hope that you DO enjoy them. :)
        Oct 24, 2013
    2. Bivin
      We're back up to 48%.
      Woohoo!
      Got spanked today.
      Moderator said I had too many "off topic" posts
      I think she didn't like my comment about "no poll about sprinkles."
    3. Bivin
      HI Amris,
      Lanessar had a good idea that might be worth considering, concerning social media. I copied it to our conversation.
      Is there another website you know of where we could invite a few more people in to discuss this? I don't mean a public thread, but a medium where we could invite each participant, but with more than just four.
    4. Bivin
      You've been invited to a conversation by your groupies! er...I mean, by your comrades in arms for a separate server.
      Daishan and Fraxx have some great ideas! I hope to see you there.
      1. Phantom Ghost likes this.
    5. Kanis
      Just wanted to comment on #7 on your signature list. I get you want some realism or to stop farming or something else I didn't think of, but that scares me! I love crafting and I'm a bit of a digital hoarder. The idea of being limited in 'slots' is bad enough, add the fact that I can't pick items up because I've passed some point of realism in my carrying capacity... just seems so wrong. Just my opinion.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Amris
        Amris
        It's an interesting dynamic and it can sometimes create a lot of very difficult choices. These difficult choices may be annoying, but they also cause you to see what you're doing in a different light. It puts importance on things that weren't even noteworthy prior.
        Oct 3, 2013
      3. Kanis
        Kanis
        :)
        I better have a huge vault at home then. I understand what you are going for. I just hate having 'item' limitations is all, especially from a crafting standpoint.
        Oct 3, 2013
      4. Amris
        Amris
        Well, honestly, I think that it's absurd that we can carry around 80 tonnes of stone in a backpack.

There should be mules or some other sort of pack animals... and that gives us extra carrying capacity, but it's also a bit risky since they would have hitpoints, too.

The point isn't to make it so that you can't have stuff. It's to create an atmosphere that is internally consistent.
        Oct 3, 2013
    6. Banecat
      Its largely feel good chats, chat over minor details. Ps2 Roadmap rarely listens. Roadmap was meant to listen, and they don't. SOE burned itself in EQ when they let top raiders help design aspects of GOD. So, I take the round table with a grain of salt. I hope it does give dev's good ideas to impliment in future patches.
      1. Amris
        Amris
        I actually miss Brad. He could come off like a jerk, but the guy had integrity in his game vision. Bless his heart, wherever he is!
        Sep 24, 2013
      2. Xurtan
        Xurtan
        Not to comment late to the party or anything, but Brad is working with SOE again. He's posted on his site/twitter that he's had lunch with Smed and apparently Smedley really liked the idea.. so, possibly new MMO by Brad by 2017 or so? *snort*
        Oct 7, 2013
    7. Grimm Seven
      Thanks for the thumbs up. I am pretty passionate about this one.

However, I am MORE upset that they are basically telling us that this round table really Isn't 'collaboration'
      (but can't express it without swearing and name calling.)

Love your sig, btw!
      LOL
      1. Amris likes this.
      2. Amris
        Amris
        Yeah. I think it sort of says, "These polls are just discussions. They don't really mean anything. We'll do whatever we want and baby people if we feel like it."

Honestly, I had hopes for a return to a more immersive, hard-core type game from the ground-up. It doesn't sound like we're going to get it.
        Sep 20, 2013
  • Signature

“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines,
    practiced every day; while failure is simply a few errors in judgment,
    repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines
    and our judgments that leads us to either fortune or failure.”
    - Jim Rohn

About

Home page:
    http://www.shannonphoenix.com
    Author