EQN Landmark: Small Outpost Keep

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

[IMG]

If you're following Director of Development Dave Georgeson on Twitter, you were the first to witness a surprise reveal this morning: screenshots of a small outpost keep he built using the tools in EverQuest Next Landmark. You can see all of the tweets and screenshots on his Twitter page, or in this gallery by PC Gamer.
    • Up x 4
  2. Requeim New Member

Looks great! Cannot wait to take a shot at it myself. Did he 'make' the table or was it a preset item?
  3. ExoTeZ New Member

It looks like something you will find in an RPG, looks amazing!

Can't wait to get my hands on Landmark.
  4. Gordion Member

Excellent. So from this we can see:
    • An enclosed space (but no door?)
    • floor (regular stone/brick pattern)
    • ceiling (wooden beams?)
    • lighting elements hung from the ceiling
    • furniture (crafted?)
    • an oven? maybe a food crafting station?
    • a curved archway
    • stone walls
    What else? While looking at the image I keep trying to use my mouse to turn and look around! Can't wait to see more options. Any chance we'll see a different view of the room or more of this small keep?
    • Up x 3
  5. Talzar of Quellious Active Member

I have been wondering just how much we can create. It would be neat to sculpt an incredibly gaudy statue if I mined a ton of gold and jewels.
    • Up x 3
  6. Gordion Member

Found a video from MMORPG.com that shows editing in action. In the video you can see the active area adding and editing parts of the structure. Dave likely used a tool like this to build his keep. Notice how the size of the "cube" changes to allow finer detailed editing, or placement of large areas/blocks quickly.
  7. Xurtan Well-Known Member

And for a less annoying format, imgur. https://imgur.com/a/W1YpT :p But yeah, great thing to wake up too, saw em earlier. Gotta love twitter sometimes.
    • Up x 2
  8. WildeNight Active Member

I've already started sketching out concepts for all kinds of things I'd like to build in EQN Landmark... Nektropos Castle before and after, a certain player guild's hall located deep in Neriak's third gate made of obsidian and crystal and other fun things. Excited? Nah!
    • Up x 1
  9. GreyReach Active Member

Shockingly, it looks like a painting not a structure at all...perhaps something was lost in the conversion to a still picture...

The left side of the archway looks very weird...no clear indication it has any thickness to it at all.

The other images on the PC Gamer site are better but that shot in this thread looks horrible.

Hopefully, a video of it would make it all come to life in a better manner.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xurtan Well-Known Member

Yeah going off of his Twitter comments I don't think he gets to mess with landmark much, probably always busy. *snort* He said he was just figuring out arches and such. You can tell where they look a little funky. I look it as a good example of what the average player might be able to create in four hours, without being an art designer by trade, or having a thousand hours in it. Course what do I know, he might have that background. Either way, not bad. It's obviously still a work in progress.
  11. Shyin Member

Very cool,

I can just imagine defending the keep while under attack from Orcs. They are upset because you have pushed them off their land, and they want it back :)

Can't wait to get a hold of the tools.
  12. Phantom Ghost Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see how landmark works myself. Of course I know my artistic abilities are lacking. I always have elaborate plans for how something will look in my mind and the finished product is always far from my vision lol.
  13. Soelus New Member

Looks like you made a kitchen there, someone must have had food on his mind? Well, either way it's looks pretty sharp. Although it could use a little more decor, say a painting, picture, etc.
  14. whiteknight New Member

Cant wait to play it :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Gordion Member

Ah! Thanks for the link, Xurtan. Those images really give a better idea of what it's all about.
  16. KhansAngel New Member

I want to build a house with my husband >_< Squee! lol
  17. Smoothlove Well-Known Member

Love the lightning that is going on there,very cozy
    The style of this game reminds me a bit of the movie Rapunzel

Really worth to see this movie,I also thought it had an enchanting atmosphere..Perhaps there can even be a festival where we can send messages in the air to random players ..
    I'd certainly take a seat in that room.If i'd be able to at least..will there be interaction with objects in that manner?
  18. Luteuel New Member

So cool. excited to see what I am able to do and see other people's creations too!
    • Up x 1
  19. Coadex Active Member

Nice Dave :)
    I never played minecraft and I'm more adventurer than crafter,
    But I cannot wait to try my hand at landmark...

But the real prize, hopefully is EQN :)
    • Up x 1
  20. JennBren Well-Known Member

All these wonderful little bits and nothing to play with yet. I know it's coming and I don't want it out there before it's ready but damn it, I WANT TO PLAY! ;) Way to go Dave. As a side note, better keep off destructibility. Walls don't look near thick enough to hold out against that iron golem from the other video in EQN. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.