Zlandicar's Heart Mage reward feedback

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Montag, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Why do I even bother to explain my point to top authority here.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I was talking about. This symbol is for who melee or ranges only. But not for those who do both based on situation.
    Would be nice then to have a choice. A symbol or a wand that can be later upgraded in a raid.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I feel like you guys aren't even sure what you are arguing...a priest can melee with a 2h, it's from the TOV boss
    a wand drops there also.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I think that you don't understand what we're arguing. You're saying 'it's a symbol because of the raid loot table'. Many of us are saying 'the HQ reward (heroic version that most will be getting) is useless to many classes/toons' in and of itself.

It isn't that we don't understand what we're arguing. It's just that we're arguing something different from what you're arguing :)
    Daalilama and Kraeref like this.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

not really...
    I mean you're whole thing is that you want a 2h or something more usable for your hq. I am saying it is a symbol because it's meant to be upgraded.
    people just can't wrap their minds around this simple fact and if they could they would understand why it isn't a 2h or wand or something
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So why scouts getting one handed weapon 4 sec delay and it will be upgraded and why we cant get a wand that would be upgraded? And as Mermut said majority won't get ToV 2handers or ToV wands.
    You are right. Your logic as in 'because I say so and it meant to be upgraded that is why it's a symbol' completely escapes me.
    Daalilama likes this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

I already answered this.
    everyone is getting what they are missing to be upgraded
    ToV boss only drops 1 scout weapon atm (4s delay) so their reward is a 2nd 4s delay weapon.
    I mean it shouldn't be this hard for people to understand this.
    tanks don't have a shield on the ToV boss loot table, so their reward from the HQ was...wait for it...a shield!
    no symbol on the loot table so mages and priest get a....I know you know the answer

my logic isn't "because I say so"
    look the items are meant to be upgraded if you do the raid part of the quest. so the clear thing to do would be to give you the item that is gonna be upgraded, right? why give you a 2h or wand if you are gonna get a symbol once you do the other quest?
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Specifically, as a fury, I can't use the quest reward unless the raid upgrade is SO AMAZING that it lets me unequip my pirate kings 2h or increases my personal or group dps by 3-500k+. I need my pk2h to buff the mages and a wand to auto attack for procs.

Given what I've seen this expansion it would not surprise me if the raid upgrade is a stat buff with no bonus effects/adornment slots.
    Le Clown and Koko like this.
  10. Koko Well-Known Member

QFE.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

not saying anything like you should tbh.
    I am saying it's this reason because of the loot from ToV boss, you should be able to see this as well buffrat and toss in some logic to the others, you couldn't have honestly thought you were gonna get a 2h from the HQ before even starting it
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

even as a mage who uses the Shiny 1 Hander will never us that heart it was worse stats then other off handers and does not even have Any caster stats like Reuse or cast speed. It is not even useful as a appearance item as it does not show a Graphic when equipped
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

dps and ability mod both are caster stats...
    plus it should be good when upgraded, I would have used it, but I have the quest item symbol from the labs quest thing, slightly better
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

dps is useless for most casters wand dps even at soft caps which you would have to Sacrifice Alot to get still is horrible
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm having difficulty understanding why symbols exist in the game - at all.

Even if the wand had no stats, simply a damage rating and crit chance, it would be vastly superior to a focus on every class that could equip it just about all the time*. Symbols simply are wasted items, and show up in loot tables only to troll the caster classes - specifically enchanters and priests.

*To everyone who is going to point out (to me) that there are 'melee casters'. I'm aware meleeing is a thing, as are cast times and range. The flexibility to do multiple things is invaluable (e.g. tanks use bows). Only this is on a class that is at range more often than a tank, and can land AAs during cures, spells, or whatever because it 'feels like it'.
  16. vexa New Member

^^
    As a Warden I hope this symbol turns into a 2 handed reward from the raid quest - otherwise why would I ever want it. Why any melee priest would ever use a symbol and a one hander is beyond me.
  17. Darkon Well-Known Member

Channelers can't use focus ranged items at all, they have to wear bows.

Why would you wear a 2h weapon and a wand simultaneously? There's no point.

If you're going to use a wand, use a 1h/symbol/wand.

If you're going to use a 2h, wear a symbol in your ranged slot.

Technically regardless of setup symbol is the most versatile potential item, so if anything, it's the best.

Also these items were intended to fill an itemization gap in raid content. It's still great as a heroic item, even if it's not exactly what you would have wanted.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I for example use 2sec 2hander from HoF only b/c of stats and fight with a wand. Until I get better 1h (which I haven't seen anything remotelly nice) and upgraded raid version this symbol is useless.
  19. Koko Well-Known Member

I thought about spelling out the details in a formal and civilized fashion, but I realized I already did that and it obviously didn't work.

Tell crusaders to drop their bows and use symbols because "there is no point," see how far that gets you.
    Kraeref likes this.
  20. Darkon Well-Known Member

I'd wear a symbol full time on 99% of fights if it had superior stats to my bow. In a heartbeat.

Making it a wand means channelers can't use it, and they're not going to make a quest reward that is unusable for one of the classes.