Zlandicar's Heart Mage reward feedback

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Montag, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Well, looking at the quest after the CC is fixed it will take probably closer to these timeframes. I know the Kaladim fight can take up to 20 mins now for some.

- Obtain Quest in Thurgadin
    - Head to Teren's Grasp: Talk to NPC
    - Head to Kaladim: Kill Arekyn
    - Head to Halls of the Betrayer: Kill Neragul
    - Find the Cache in Halls near Grendish
    - Return to Thurgadin

Estimated time for this I would say by a single group would be 60-90 minutes for average players. Raiders will probably do it in under 30 as my group did.

- Head to Mara
    - Pray you have Four Winds Faction
    *this is the most time consuming part if you do not have access but if someone in your group does they may target the Monk and you may hail him through the wall.
    - Find the monks around the world
    - Return to tower
    - Find out what happened
    - Find his body in Labs of Mutation

This part again will take probably 30-60 mins due to running time.

- Find him in Etherenere at Lightshadow
    - Slay Harrowing Horde in Edilon, Obol and Harrows End
    - Return to him and restore memories
    - Return to Mara
    - Head to Forsaken to claim the Heart

This part may take 30-60 minutes depending on player group.

So approximately 120 mutes to 210 minutes if you know what you are doing. I would say an item equivalent to Accursed Sanctum and will round out the loot table for that tier as well is pretty worthwhile. Once I have it I will give more accurate feelings or if a link to the Symbol is given.
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

There are two common paths for priest itemization: 2h and 1h. Unfortunately, Zlandicar's Heart doesn't fulfill a role in either gear set due to its symbol status.

Clerics, who commonly utilize shields, cannot utilize this item effectively as it occupies the ranged slot. The stats provided by this item do not, and even with significant stat boosts will not, replace the damage (and indirectly utility) provided by a ranged focus item. Other healers, who commonly utilize two handers, encounter the same problem.

This leaves furies and channelers, as two healers that can utilize this item effectively (and is still worse than a shield).

A quest reward that facilitated either play style (focus for 2h warden/cleric/shaman or shield for fury/cleric/channeler or a choice of either) would be much appreciated! As it stands, the reward is undesirable because of it is lacking shield/focus status. ='(
    vexa, Kraeref and GIndotto like this.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

lol, but it's already been said, there is no reason for a focus, a focus already drops. I don't know how many times we have to go around in circles like this
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Giving a choice of rewards helps both raid and heroic players. Raiders don't have to wait to get the drop that fills the slot, and groupers can choose based on what they prefer, since everything drops in heroic content anyway.
  5. Koko Well-Known Member

Make it a shield then. You'll upset all the 2h priests who can't use their shiny new quest reward in the majority of fights. BUT in the fights they could use it, it would be better than a symbol (and as you said there already is a focus ranged). It will also be vastly superior for healers that full time utilize 1h weapons (especially templars).

Alternatively, add a symbol to the loot table and take the focus off of it if that would make you happy.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

except for the fact mages can't use shields, and it's a mage/priest combo.
    again we have been through this, I don't know why you keep trying. the logical choice was symbol
    you can't just remove an item from the loot table and switch it. since people already have said item, yet hasn't been around along enough for many. that would cause much uproar that people now have to do an raid HQ for a wand that others got from an easy raid mob, you aren't making logical answers to the issue because the most logical one is already being used
    given that the HQ exists for 1 reason an 1 reason only, which was to fill the gaps in itemization on the final ToV raid boss, I can honestly say it probably doesn't even matter what the heroic players want
    it's not about raiders "waiting to fill the slot" this is the slot that needed filling with an item that doesn't exist, and now it does.

often more then 1 choice as the reward isn't exactly the best plan on Soe's standpoint either, since said item is meant to be upgraded after you do the raid part of the quest
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

That may be part of why the HQ exists, but certainly not the only reason. If it really was just for raiders to gain access to those slots the heroic level reward wouldn't exist. Heck the heroic level quest wouldn't exist. SOE has never been afraid to make raid-only quest lines before.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Well, at least 5 years ago they weren't afraid to. I can't recall many "Raid Only" quests that started in raids and ended in raids.

Fallen Swords was an "all inclusive" line that had various rewards leveled for the areas they were obtained in.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Sounds not unlike Zland's heart huh? ;)

That being said, Skyshrine had a couple, Underdepths x4 and Sevalak x4. HE had Melanie's charm (which admittedly required you do the overland solo quests, but still a raid reward from a raid quest). In any case, it wouldn't reward a heroic level reward for heroic level questing if it's sole purpose was to provide a raid reward.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I prefer it as a symbol. I HATE wands. hate them with a passion. I wiped to bolgin 5 times in a row thanks to stupid focus wands becuase people don't pay attention most of the time to what thier gear is/does outside of it having bigger green and blue numbers.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

sure, cause mythical weapon quests didn't have a fabled version that didn't even compare to their mythical versions. and they were clearly meant for "raiders"
    it's pretty much the exact same case here
    it was put in for raiders and raiders only, the fact that you get a little "heroic" reward is quite irrelevant.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

The mythical weapons were clearly meant for raiders, yes. But it doesn't then follow that the fabled weapons weren't equally meant for groupers. You're making a huge leap with no evidence.
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

no evidence, you know. except for the exact items there were missing from the TOV boss loot table just happen to appear from the HQ that the HQ is a raid HQ that will require you to kill the TOV boss. and the items even has the mobs name in it. Clearly there must be another reason for such a quest to exist for people that can't kill him.
    oh yea, I can't see where I am drawing all these lines. must have just you know, been the magic of the moon
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

The rewards may have been tailored to fit the missing items, but again, it doesn't necessarily follow that the HQ was specifically and only designed for that purpose. The presence of a heroic quest line and heroic rewards is like a big fat sign saying you're wrong.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

lol yea, cause the heroic items are anything more then a preview of you getting to see what is gonna be upgraded.
    I keep trying to explain this but very few seems to be listening to the obvious. HQ exists for raiders exclusivity, the fact that you get a little heroic item means nothing. but hey if you think it means something, lets hear it. It certainly doesn't mean heroic people can do the quest, since I don't think you can pug ToV zlan. it doesn't choose the best items for heroics, as many people mentioned already, cause it's fitting the items for the Raid

goes even faster if you already have a cleared instance of Labs and SG HM
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

That's your opinion, not a fact. No surprise you have trouble differentiating the two.
    vexa and Xillean like this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

and yet you avoided the question. not a big surprise there
    what is it then? what is the reason other then to fill the gaps in itemization? surely you must know since you think mine is flawed, remember earlier when you said I was having no evidence, no the fact is you have no evidence. I am drawing conclusions with solid backbones like "the items are to fill the gaps" and you are just over here like "no that can't be it" and saying nothing more.
    You can call it my opinion, but I think it's a pretty clear fact that a "raid HQ" involving Zlad, giving out items that Zlad doesn't drop, is serving the purpose that I clearly am saying it does.
    it's basically saying it's my opinion that 2+0=2, someone might disagree and say it's 3, but by popular belief I am gonna stick to it and commit to saying it's 2

I mean, you can't just say no without offering something, or else your opinion is of no value
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

Selective reading ftw. You've both missed my point and taken things out of context. You're a winner!
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am still waiting for the answer to the question, it's ok that you don't have one. just don't say mine is wrong when you have no answer. and mine is backed up
  20. GIndotto Well-Known Member

This thread makes me laugh. First off, the for now unseen RAID upgrade is irrelevant to discuss here because A) no one has seen it and B) that is a separate after-the-fact quest that is not REQUIRED in order to get this HEROIC item. Also the post is about the Heroic reward so I'll try to focus on that.

Person A says "This was created only for raiders and was made to cater to raiders". Every step in the HQ is completed solo \ heroic. Also, every raider in the game clearing Temple would not want to use this item, this item being the heroic reward you get from doing the HQ (read the OP, this isn't about the undiscovered elusive raid upgrade, its about the HEROIC heritage quest reward). So, this questline caters to us raiders but in this mage\priest category gives us an almost completely useless item? I can't wait to do a lengthy heritage quest and get an item I won't use until I clear out a raid zone I can't clear except once a week that I'm not even guaranteed to sit in on every mob I need for the update so I can get an item that will have inflated stats but still doesn't fill the utility I need. Yeah that really caters to me thanks, my palette is sated.

Person B says a 2h reward for this Heroic HQ is irrelevant because one drops on Zlandicar. But wait, we're talking about a heroic HQ why would someone doing a HEROIC HQ care about a RAID weapon, that as stated, only a SLIM minority of non-heroic raid oriented players will ever see drop \ get to bid on in a raid.
    But totally, no non-raiding player who is trying to do a heritage quest that covers heroic content in the game would ever want to be rewarded with a 2h weapon ever, or a wand. Because they know that the unattainable Consumer weapons that they'll never see has the 2h and wand option there. So they will be ok with not being able to get one and they'll just "settle" for this, knowing that in the distant end game content they never want to clear or touch has a 2h and wand. Awesome, that makes sense why continue the debate? Also let's ask Sony to exclude 2h and wand rewards in the Labs Heroic Mission Crate, because Zlandicar drops them, so we don't need them! Thanks for the offer anyway Sony!

The heroic reward of this quest line (which is 99% of the quest line, the developers didn't make this raid only updates until after the Heroic reward, everything after the item the OP is asking about fixing is separate reward for raiders) should have absolutely no care or want to fill itemization problems in a raid scenario when the reward is for casual heroic players!

Let me say that one more time, slowly.

The Heroic reward of this quest line should have absolutely no care or want to fill itemization problems in a raid scenario, when the reward is for casual heroic players!

This item is terrible as a one size fits all item. One size fits all rewards need to STOP! There is nobody, not even someone who is eager to clear out Temple and see the upgraded version, that would want this item to stay the way it is, being a one size one trick pony.
    Saying it shouldn't be a wand because you wipe to Bolgrin in Pickclaw is not a reason to exclude wand, that's just silly let's get real here. If you can't turn off your auto attack on a no attack script then heck, let's just get rid of wands altogether! Why even have wands they just cause problems right! Better yet do away with auto attacks and melee weapons! Put down your weapons and take up steins and lutes! No more auto attacks! (I jest don't be offended I singled out this Bolgrin comment, but it was a ludicrous one. Protip: F1).

The real reason to exclude wand, (and no I'm not suggesting wand is the solution but it's been brought up in this thread) is Channeler. The raid upgrade, and the raid weapon itemization are irrelevant in this thread because it is a seperate debate for the so-far-unseen raid upgrade to a Heroic Quest line, and furthermore as I said a Heroic reward should have no bearing on Raid rewards, and if the Devs want to continue this "Quest heroicly to maybe raid and upgrade later" style HQs maybe they should stop making the upgrade as direct as it appears it's going to be (I.E. the secondary \ ranged will only upgrade to the same secondary \ ranged type item for raiders). And as for Channelers not using a wand, well clearly the Devs have some hard thinking to do about how they've tried to make this "totally sweet and uber one size fits all item that upgrades in raid everyone will want just like the POW charm being archetype based" when this game no longer has one size fits all play styles, even among the same archetypes, and the Channeler underlines that fact because a wand no longer fits for Priests \ Mage as a whole as it once did. It's basically **** in one hand and wish in the other, see which fills up faster. The debate will rage on but this secondary \ ranged item will likely be a "use on all melee fights" for stats for melee mages and priests, and then suffer through swapping it, hoping you have the same purple in slot on your now crap-stat-stic (I just invented that word for this explanation of craptastic and stats combined) wand on ranged fights.

P.S. You go and make the fighters have 2 distinct items between plate tanks and brawlers, why are you (you=devs) so against stopping this ridiculous one size fits all archetype mage\priest and scout scenario? Even the scouts are not in love with being forced into 4s weapons, Fury and Channeler do not want to change out a buckler for a secondary (I would hope any way), but yet you continue with this nonsense. Make it stop please! The cries are not of wolf but of foul! Archetype based charms like in POW do not translate to items dealing with Primary \ Secondary \ Ranged slots when you try to force them on us.
    Estred, Mermut, Malleria and 2 others like this.