Why we as rangers should NOT be near the top of DPS.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Ofzion, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

I was very confused by that post....but being an Eagles fan made it all good :). Its going to be a rough season though.
  2. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

I just reported you for abuse to a moderator for that comment sir! >.<
    I think I meant reported abuse to a moderator...unless...how are you treating Starry and Scarlette these days? You better be nice!
    I dont want to hear stuff like that
    /sticks fingers in ears
    lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalala
    Message Edited by Saihung23 on 08-10-2006 05:28 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

This is the part that kills me (bolded above). Happens all the time. Big [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] SUV or pick-up truck comes to a complete stop or crawl to go over tracks. I cannot tell you how many times I ahve passed a SUV on the left going over tracks because they refuse to take them at the speed limit. Funny thing is, it is always a really expensive clean (read:never been offroad) SUV.
  4. ARCHIVED-Prandtl Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]! Thats really a pet peeve of mine too. I have an SUV and I hate Hate HATE getting stuck behind them poking over speed bumps, rails, and potholes. Get a grip, driver. Those things were MADE to go over those bumps fast. Just make sure not to spill your beer.
  5. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

You have become better at Thread Derailing (330/340)
    You have become better at Confusing People (495/500) (yeah, he's uber in that skil...) :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

NO FAIR!!! I wanted credit for derailing this thread :-(
  7. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

True, you did derail it first. Sorry about that :smileysurprised:
    Let's say you derailed the thread, and Saihung blew up the rails :smileyvery-happy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Bledso Guest

/applaude Well said, and nice to see another one who enjoys Ranger as much as I do.
    The bow is a serious issue and we need Ranger specific ones.... I would think that since Assassians melee is the stronger ability their ranged should be adjusted to compensate.
    I am not one to want other class nerfs but class balance as SOE has stated themselves is an adjustment between AOE, ranged and melee - ensuring the class does best in its primary function be it melee, ranged or AOE (spells) - if one class is dominent in 2 of these areas it requires adjustment.
    The recast of the rangers - (bow) CA's is, IMO, the single worse aspect I have in long fights - I even went agility AA to obtain the recast reduction master ability.
    I agree that constructive, point of fact posts and positive ideas on fixing Ranger issues will get Dev attention.
    If it were not for your post here I would have completely ignored this thread since the OP statement makes no sense.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

I think you mean the strength line. The agility line reduces CAST time of your arts. Teh strength line reduces recast time of all arts with 2 minute or more cast times. For Rangers this means Snipers and Veiled Fire.
  11. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

sigh, something obviously has not changed in here ;)

++Xan
  12. ARCHIVED-shogun007 Guest

Hmm interesting so the topic called why rangers should not be near the top of dps i recently posted topic on combat discussion forum about rangers being on par with other dps classes out there but i like the name of this topic, just one question --Did we get a nice utility spell with some debuffs (criippling arrow is not a debuff its a joke) and one or 2 grp buffs to put topic with this name?
    I honestly recommend the berserkers, brawlers , summoners and assasin to post something like '' Why cant we have a top dps since we dont have all utility in the game just some of it '' and ''Why there are some rangers still outdpsing us when they shouldnt be because they are broken so much they just between a paladin and a gurdian in terms of dps". And by the way our arrows cost so much so its a number #1 reason not to play a ranger at all. While i am writing this i am currently rolling a berserker and at lev 1 he already does more damage , man i should have known.

Message Edited by shogun007 on 08-16-2006 01:58 PM
    Message Edited by shogun007 on 08-16-2006 01:58 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Lol :p

And its a topic to piss of rangers.. People who post these things are usually level 20 people on this.. And btw, OP I was harsh on I got a giant lecture on.. I gave him an email and find out im right, he is in his 20-30's levels :p..

Generally, people like talking like they actually know something without doing the bookwork. Then come on here and post rediculus claims..
    Message Edited by LoreLady on 08-16-2006 06:33 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-shogun007 Guest

Ok got me there i am level 40 ranger but its not me who is trying to piss off rangers ---i am a ranger, who is against crying and telling everyone that we suck when we dont, and i am not a rookie . Ok my main is not a ranger and my ranger is lev 40 not a lev 70 with 50 aa line which is clear to me anyway since it only offers 2 nice options ---perfectionist and poise(i think its poise its a reducer of casting times) but i was reading this forums since day 1 and one thing i learned---------all classes on all forums are complaining that they suck and the reason i made this topic its not the point to piss off these experienced and knowledgeable rangers who through a lot of suffering (experience wise and raiding wise) deserved the right to complain and cry about how bad they are and how much they need SOE interfere and make rangers class outdps everybody again. Hmm i dont think its ever going to happen there will be ups and downs but whine and complain its not an option i am really feel tired sometimes to play a ranger with 90% of rangers crying and willing to betray and assasins telling me they better without even fighting and parsing the fights. I really do feel shame for, stop compalining reroll,betray, there are tons of options but really stop your moaning about your own class , some berserkers will tell u they have your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] in dps terms on a platter, if we wont respect our class who will?, and plz stop posting stuff like i just started game yesterday, no it took me many months to lose my patience and start posting before i was playing and not looking at the forums.

If we wont respect ourselves nobody willl respect our class and u got me so tired with your whining really maybe i should play my brigand?
  15. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

The only place we need a little help is on raids. When the 'top raiding guilds' (use the term loosely) don't want Rangers on raids, there IS a problem. We may solo better than most, we may be great in group, but when you do hit 70/50 there really isn't a lot to do other than raid.

If you bring nothing to the party you may as well stay home.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

You'll find out when you get there, that there are many viable options beside the two you listed. And some of the other options can result in a DPS increase depending on your gear and play style. I was pushing 700 str on raids for a long time befoe I finally figured out I could increase my DPS by reducing my str and increasing my int. The poison crits are totally awesome and, for many, add up to more damage than the 15% damage increase and reduced re-cast times provided by perfectionist. If you max out your poison crits, you get a 52% chance to crit. I'm not saying this is the best way to go because for many it's not.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ranvarenaya Guest

I know I've said it before, but I consider my guild a 'top raiding guild,' and as far as I know they still want me on raids. I guess if they all think I and/or Rangers suck they have neglected to tell me.
  18. ARCHIVED-Defender of Antonia Guest

Rangers are fine just the way you are all I seem to see in this entire form are complaints how you can no longer do 2k dps like some could pull in T6. You are not suppose to be top of the parser every single fight.
    And before people start complaining how they never are top of the parser I am in a raiding guild that has beaten every raid zone in game ( minus Chel drak) and we have 2 rangers who do amazing dps 1.2-1.4k and we have 3 rangers who absolutly suck 500-600dps (yes we have 5 raiding rangers needless to say 2 or 3 usually sit out) All 5 rangers have about the same gear and 4 of them have T7 fabled bows It all boils own to how good a player you are. Sometimes Rangers are top sometimes wizards are sometimes Swashy or brig is ext.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Well, I guess we should have just asked you in the first place. And to think of all the people who wasted their time trying to analyze all that raw data.
  20. ARCHIVED-nirav21 Guest

Who dies faster Ranger or a Conjorur?