Why are BL's so OP?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Dyche, Mar 12, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

nah we no longer in "top" position we coming from behind but yes we still in active position unlike warlocks :D
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Probably that cause you don't have rangers or conjurors with GMed epics :D
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Reminding
    No a single class in game can suck power out mobs on consistent base as warlock do - believe you or not on some fights it still crucial
  4. Fairin Active Member

Sandra's deafning strike. does 500m power damage . reuse 5 seconds
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. With Ethermancy and some absorb magic, power draining a mob is completely trivial now. Between that and Troubs/chanters power draining normally, Dark Siphoning doesn't even get a cast on my end as a left side specc'd warlock on most fights.
  6. Zelox Active Member

U
    Why is this even relevant? Warlocks were never designed to drain power as their job. Their job was to bring sick ae dps
    Riktor likes this.
  7. Protips Member

put it simple, ppl play dps for a chance to compete in numbers. when it comes to no matter how hard they work /try they still put behind, they simply find it not fun and quit. so you get less and less ppl playing, that is how it is. As some of you probably aware past 2 month I saw most people leaving the game more than ever, so BL's can deny more the need to adjust and in the near future you will be just by your own, along with some conji and ranger.

if t1 are not lined up with a semi-equal opportunity, it's going nowhere
    Riktor and Whiomaju like this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

coercer or illus are also quite good at it.
    but u don't take warlocks just for mana drain .. it's a bonus :)
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

why else you need warlock thou? power feed? :)
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

People like to talk about "T1s" like this is an official thing. It was a general concept that the devs publicly abandoned long ago. What we have now is a system where classes bring various amounts of utility to a group or raid. In general, the greater the utility, the more personal DPS you trade away (with assumption that you're giving everyone else more DPS or survivability.)

That's a good system, but works best when everyone understands the various dimensions of "utility" as it pertains to MMOs, and the devs are mostly transparent with their intentions.
    Revanu likes this.
  11. kluxor Well-Known Member

Won't happen. The gap between pet and non-pet classes is HUGE
    Whiomaju and DoomDrake like this.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Look
    If you take any prolonged fight any class that persistent passive DPS will win hands down - namely summoners and rangers (providing everything else all same - stats/ascending class/level of ascending spells/etc.)
    Other thing alike common believe BL not THAT complicated (or at least not as complicated as warlock) - bulk of my damage outside of Epic/Ascending comes from basically single skill lol (weakness number - 1 - feral rending) and rest? is simply result of firing primal chain with temps every time than chain up - yes it is 6 abilities with pretty much same damage with light flavor variation between single target, PBAOE and Frontal PBAoE. So give me a break no skill actually required here - just mash first weakness (with savagery boosters every time they up) - once you your chain up and you have enough savagery to fire, hit temps - fire chain ... risen repeat. In meantime only dagger storm worth casting (for 2 reason first is damage second it tend to proc best fervor rune)
    Also upon ppl getting higher level of ascending role of your class specific skills will shrank.
    To elaborate
    Let for argument sake say I do with my class specific skills around 200-250M DPS ... and about 500-600M extra I am adding from my Ascending/Epic and mind you my ascending class is WORST - thaumturgist (toss here all feeding combo on me and I rarely have a chance attach my VO to someone etherflash) and level of spells are not THAT high - mostly adepts and few experts. I easy see situation should I GM/Ancient other Ascending class (say Etheralist) I will EASY double my ascending related damage in that sense difference between me and any other DPS class will come ONLY from 2 factors
    Level of Ascending spells and type and level of Epic 2.0 spells - that's it! Toss here tithe and there will be no difference between say fury and BL or between warlock and paladin - only portion that comes from Epic 2.0 and balancing SINGLE spell/ability between different class a lot easier task than balance whole class
    Whiomaju likes this.
  13. duckster Active Member

Hard hitting primals on a short window (30s) gives Beastlords the advantage on active DPS. There isnt too much outside of this and its how other scouts/mages operated with the resets prior to the nerf. Fortunately for Beastlords, took a lesser hit with their primal abilities being 1min base.

FYI - As a ranger i would happily trade my hawk for harder hitting abilities on a shorter cooldown . Too much potential for AFK dps after ascension stuff is on cooldown ...
    Whiomaju likes this.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It's true to extend
    %% of those active DPS out of all my DPS already greatly degraded and in future it will degrade even more
    Okey let say we taking about current 600-900M DPS output (at lower end) - my Primals + weakness responsible may be for 200M at most (yeah 20-30% is notable chunk). Now let say in 6 month from now we will be talking about 1.5-2B DPS with primals may be 250-300M
    From other hand all it take just adjust someone epic skill and you will get ahead right away. I am kind of happy that BL no longer top of the food chain on sustained fights but I still can burst fairly hard.
    I guess what I am trying to say - any adjustments with Epic 2.0 skills will affect my DPS a lot harder then any adjustment to my Primals
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Why is it that no one brings up Savage Defiance in these threads? Adds 5% of your base CB to your CB, 5% of your base potency to your potency? Only a BL gets this in the prestige tree. Fact is, BL were slightly down for a few expacs and no one wanted them, because even if they could DPS, they would just keep dying because of lack of aggro control. All the things they did to "bring them up in line" with other T1 DPS have broken them the other direction due to the potency inflation.

Basically, they've let it all get out of hand and according to some devs on discord, they have no plans to balance classes until the next expac. So it's basically as is, for now. My suggestion to the devs (if they even read the forums), stop whatever "new content" you are working on and fix the current content before there is no one left to play your new content.

Whiomaju likes this.
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

Was this xpac a last minute spazz on part of DBG?

With all of the major standing problems between class balance, broken classes(sorc,def), and lack of enjoyable content...

I'm curious why everything is being slated for a fix upon next expansion... I'm starting to think they are so arrogant that they assume people will just maintain throughout all the chaos and not expect people to walk away for good... Its quite disappointing. The buildup to this xpac was great. RoK was a phenomenal expansion.. It has the potential to be a great add-on.. But my goodness so far this has been an utter let down!! :(
    Whiomaju and Kioske like this.
  17. Whiomaju Member

Pushing up "balancing" to the next expac is what the devs did when in ToT too. How many times do they think I will fall for that? Fool me once.... and all that.
    Kioske likes this.
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

I really rather like the actual content of this current expac. It blows ToT out of the water, in terms of actual content. The class balance, ascension, and epic 2.0 spells have been a huge let down, and the best part? I believe all of those are easily fixed if someone just sat down for a week or two and put their nose into fixing it and NOTHING else. Sorcerer aren't even kinda broken, they're almost not worth playing. I went from 1-3 on the parse last expac, depending on the fight, to 7th-8th on the parse in most situations. Beastlord epic pets still nearly outparse me, ranger pet out parses me, conj pet outparses me, necro pet.. you get the point. (talking on fights that last longer than the mindless 15 second T1s-T2s) The higher the potency gets, the further the divide becomes. It's to the point where I almost have to sit myself for expert raid fights because I'm a detriment to the raid's DPS.

Entropy, you really gotta get off of here defending beastlords as not broken. There's a reason you stopped playing your warlock and went to beastlord last expac, and I was beating beastlords last expac. The same beastlord I used to trade punches with at the top of the parse almost doubles my parse now, both of us with almost identical stats. Not only is he near 100% SDA (so he double casts all his ascension, and his epic 2.0 pets double cast) but he gets 100 fervor from a rune when he casts those ascension and he gets combat art double cast now too (even if it is a small chance). Just because rangers with their hawk or conjs with their pet "keep up" doesn't mean that beastlords aren't broken. Pets have been broken for a LONG time.
    Whiomaju likes this.
  19. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Why though? The tiers are what held the whole raid structure together. You can't possibly look at them as a whole and go where they are in terms of this new balance system is beneficial. Every class had a designated role in the beginning and they were built around that and now just throw it away and see how jacked up it gets. Just pretend nothing is wrong because if you just play whichever one is FOTM at the time who cares, right? The dps vs. utility ranking systems wouldn't be so bad if the gaps weren't so out of proportion. Just because I have one less ability than another class I should lose half of my sustained dps? For reals though??! I am not even a T1 myself, but as a bard I watched the numbers swing really hard in groups and raid. Make it drawn out for XP, epics, tithe, and spells and then swing classes around every expansion. Sounds like an award winning plan to me......
  20. Entropy Well-Known Member

My dumbfires do less than 10% of my parse on sustained fights and my warder is still pretty terrible - I'm not sure why you're claiming that "BL epic pets nearly outparse a sorc", because that'd only even possibly be the case for a dumbfire cast on a 12 second ultraburn kill, and that's not a measure of anything because sorcs aren't designed to win that kind of parse.

I fully support sorcs getting some help but I stand by my overall class balance points I've made here and in a Discord. I'll reiterate the "group composition makes a HUGE difference" point once again as well. Comparing our assassin in a MT group giving him almost no DPS benefit to me being in a fully stacked mage group where I get 30 static fervor (Conj, Conj, troub) and up to 60-70 with temps isn't a fair comparison at all. Of course the people in that group are going to crush it. Also who gets the 20 fervor from Bolster? That's another HUGE impact. Until people start looking at the situation with eyes wide open it's just going to be a lot of useless whining.
    DoomDrake and Revanu like this.