Why are BL's so OP?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Dyche, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

Yes, you said nerfing the pet damage. Nerfing pet damage would mean nerfing their abilities. Soulburn isn't the pet's ability. It would be as if you cast harmtouch through your pet. I feel like you didn't even know it was bugged, but are now throwing it in there because you know of it. Your first post's intention seemed to be to nerf celestial strike/souldrain, but if they just fixed soulburn instead it would have the same effect, if not more of an effect.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

There should be no reduction of any type of dps, boosts to those dealing with pain and suffering sure. Tut reduction of standing issues, no. just no.

I applaud your investment into the baseline thread, its definaitely a starting point. It will always be a bit subjective but helpful to some nonetheless.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Do you even understand what you're saying? If we boost everyone else while leaving high tier classes where they are, the game will become a total faceroll. Balance needs to be found. You can't just make everybody equal. Some need to be brought down. I'd be down to have my swash do 2 billion dps though
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

no i dont understand anything i say. solely here to talk with my fingers to people i dont want to meet.
    Entropy likes this.
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

Indeed, I wasn't aware. Only thing I knew is that when summoners got their epic pet their dps got tons higher, slightly too much higher. Either way would be a solution and with being said that soulburn is bugged, that would be the best idea to fix.
  6. Entropy Well-Known Member

Is the pet autoattack the only real difference between epic and regular pets? How did our conjuror, who was consistently parsing ~10-15% below me, jump to about that amount over me when we got our Epics? I got a decent boost from my epic too. Can you show a passive (not casting anything, just pet going to town) parse comparison on a dummy between an ancient scout and ancient epic pet?
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

I don't have an ancient nightshade pet, but here is how pets work. The pet casts the abilities as their tier. So lets not think about the epic pet ability + its auto attack. Caith even confirmed this before saying this is how they have been working at least since the rework (except it was working that way before the rework, the rework was during AoM). If my nightshade pet is journeyman and uses throat gash and it does 100k damage, if my reaper pet is journeyman and uses throat gash it will also do 100k dmg. If at ancient throat gash does 200k damage for the nightshade, it will be the same for the reaper. The pet uses the exact same abilities and tier as each other.

Now lets throw in the auto attack damage which only tops its parse on mobs without combat mit and are below t2. The base auto attack for my nightshade is 5k-13k range, whereas the base auto attack damage for my reaper pet is 5.6mil with a possible variance but it is too large for the ui. Now on top of that the epic pets received an extra ability, soul drain/celestial strike. At some point (I noticed in maybe late February) that soulburn is doublecasting, but not really doublecasting, and doing double its damage. You will see on ACT, if you check, soulburn will do a hit when it is cast by the summoner and then when the pet casts it, doing the same damage but twice. Obviously not intended, but no one seems to cry about the broken stuff, just what stuff is doing too much. If you take a summoner's parse and cut their soulburn damage in half, it will be where it should be. In raids, my soulburn damage is usually top of my parse, depending on the fight duration (obviously on longer fights not the 30sec wtf burn ascension abilities and look cool with p2w parses).

Here is the evidence: https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/necromancer-parse-thread.212549/

Look at my Vhaksiz parse (not my most recent highest as I quit posting cause no one cares). I got 20 hits of Soulburn within 10 casts. The cooldown is 30secs. I'll let you do the math and expertise does affect soulburn (I am sure everyone can agree it doesn't line up and soulburn has to be cast before expertise triggers making it fairly hard to combo). Now with the reaper abilities how many are actually doing noticeable damage other than soulburn? 1 - Soul Drain, which is basically doing as much dps as the other damage inducing epic abilities and you see auto attack at 1% of my parse. It isn't even doing enough to make up what would be a 10-15% difference. Soulburn would be a 6.5% loss, so both of those combined could make up a lot of the difference that you were previously ahead by. Unless the conjuror pet is just that much better, then I am not sure what is the big deal about summoner pets (or necro pet at the least), the pet doesn't make up a majority of my parse or bypass combat mit.

Edit: I've been contemplating going conjuror because of all the talk and people in the guild really seem to desire one. If that ever happens I will be able to post a gm aery vs gm planeswalker.
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

Veta told me about soulburn sometime in December.

I care veta, keep posting.
  9. Alexstrasza Active Member

How on earth is this thread still alive?
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

Keep posting, Veta, I also care.

All things aside, I saw that parse and was wondering how the hell you got that many soulburns in that short of a fight.
  11. kluxor Well-Known Member

Everyone likes to claim that the epic 2.0 abilities are ptw. With just a moderate amount of effort doing pq and AS quests it won't take long to get ancients without spending any real money. I've done it twice since assassins are garbage

Now....Ascension abilities are an entirely different story. Total ptw there
    Kielex likes this.
  12. Zelox7 Member

well darn i was gonna keep quiet about the soulburn thing too, thanks veta
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

In 1 month or so running over 100 AS instances I got - 3 lesser fragement
    I did not done much heroics/experts - (definitely no more then 20-25) - zero superior fragments
    I done about 130-140PQ over duration of month - I got 2 greater fragment (oddly both in same day)
    So it "would be" possible for me to level 1 ability to Ancient level with minimum pay. (basically I'd have to pay from adept to master step because by that time lesser fragments not working anymore).
    Anyway - I payed for both GMed ability (for warder by accident - pressed wrong double arrow lol) - hence it was still P2W
  14. Revanu Well-Known Member

b/c its really funny
  15. Alexstrasza Active Member

Has to be, there is no real information to be gained here other than Doomdrake needs to stop posting in this thread.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

bah so much hate :(