Why are BL's so OP?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Dyche, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Dyche New Member

No one is mentioning why BL's are so stupidly OP. In our raids our 2 BL's do double the next dps but yet Daybreak ignore this and nerf other dps ignoring how outrageous the BL class. I dont care but why nerf classes and ifnore the imbalance with BL?
    semisus likes this.
  2. Vokan Well-Known Member

Do they have better gear than everyone else? Did they grind tithe for months? It's crap statements without gear and parses and nothing to back up your statement that make what you say pointless.
    Meneltel and duckster like this.
  3. Brightlyz Active Member

Sounds like a bad idea, if your top 2 dps get nerfed then who is gonna kill the mobs? :p
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are some Things you do not mention:
    * They know their class
    * They care about the character
    * They spent a lot of time getting Tithe points

Even a good BL can be outparsed by a good other player

I do not know these players, but maybe they know how to work with Fervortriggers and Ascension Combos.
    I'm sure #3ff in your raid does not use the full power of RisingTide, Fervor, Tithe Points or Ascension.

And what's important: If something does not work correct with YOUR class contact the devs :)
  5. Coty Member

I smell fear of the nerf that is to come your way xD
  6. Jasmin New Member

lol BL all grow hands, and on the other classes of feeble-minded, and mages are even worse .
  7. duckster Active Member

Constructive postings i see without consideration to tithe/gear and buffs.

BLs are strong....there is no doubting that however without all of the stuff i mentioned being very similar its hard to judge .

The only thing a BL has that benefits them more than other classes is they have all of their heavy hitting abilities on 30s cooldown(from memory - 5/6 primals). As a ranger i get to rely on dagger storm and the occasional reset from sniper shot(2min30 recast). The epic pet whilst it does nice dps(i dont even think its a good thing to have this) i still am behind about 5-10% on sustained pulls vs our BL. I should note they have 7 extra levels in potency (equates to approx 1600pot).

The class balance is out the window anyway with ascension and it masks the difference if you get rng lucky with charms/ether buffs etc at start...

For the record i dont get my dps doubled by the BL unless its a very short fight. So yet to see that happening in our raid.
  8. Primitive Member

So many other factors constitute how well a dps can parse, are all abilities including ascention grandmastered or ancient, does the player have super high tithe, has the player fully infused, have they got bonus infusers, does the player press the correct buttons at the correct times, do they get all the raid buffs and resets. The list could go on and on.

All these factors can contribute to why one player does better than the next.

Here is something I seldom see posted, Is there anything more I can do to improve, does it matter that I am second on the parse at the moment. Am I helping my guild kill the mob or achieve its goals.
    Miss_Jackie and Snikkety like this.
  9. Whiomaju Member

Yep. Funny that the Beastlords happen to be such fantastic and competent players and all the rest of the dps classes, especially non-pet classes are incompetent clueless clods :)

Clearly this issue has nothing to do with the built in advantages the BL's have that allow them to sustain a much higher base level of damage than other classes, especially non-pet classes, tithe and ascension notwithstanding.
  10. Rougez Active Member

I'd wager most of this whining is coming from sub-one-minute fights, which in my eyes are worthless. It's almost like trash fight parses, whoopie doo. Combine high tithe, paid ascension leveling, rising tide, fervor capped and fabled/myth crits... I've seen my potency spike up to 69k+ and it is absolutely ridiculous, the numbers I've put out (not in a good way).
  11. Primitive Member

This game has always been about the haves and have nots, who has the hammer, who has the bow. Multiple expansions Summoners are the haves, and wow do they whine when they are the have nots.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's because you summoners sucks and probably rangers
    Look the ONLY advantage of BL over other classes that our class specific abilities still somewhat useful in post Epic 2.0/Ascending era
    If we have fight less then 90second (and many fights like that)
    Top 3 of my parse
    Savage Ally (epic)
    Septic Strike (ascend)
    Virulent Outbreak (ascend)
    Once I level up my etheralist class that will be replaced with Levinbolt, Cascading Force, Etherflash and EA
    If fights goes to be longer like 5 minutes I still going to get same 3 skills on the top but on 4 or 5 position I'll get one of my hardest hitting primal. Now saying that look on SUSTEINED DPS
    Conjuror, Necro, Ranger (in that order) - their pets along parsing 400-800M and I have no problem with that - so other classes can have their hay day and everyone stop complaining about BLs
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well yes and no :)
    Its depends on type and level of your Ascending Class as it stands now Etheralist>Geomancer>Elementalist>Thaumaturgist ... but because I have my primary attacks at a thaumaturgist at expert I can and will outdamage even geomancer who have his skills at apprentice (I mean portion of the parse related to ascend). Now saying that I can have wizard who will come close enough to my parse (within say 30%) just because wizard play etheralist and have his spells at expert-master as well so he can close gap that my epic give over his.
    Now ... do I care if I am not on the top of the parse on raid? - nah, not by 10 miles. Do I care to stay within Top 5-6? yeah sorta I do :) do I care to be top of the food chain in most of group? - sure its actually nice once in a blue moon been able carry group over heroic dungeon (just cause I am the only person in group with epic 2.0 lol)
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nah our hardest hitting primal is 4 :) - Savage Ravaging (dog), dragon breath (5) "could" spike if it hit more than 1 target (because if's frontal PBAoE) brutal beatdown although solid hitter won't make to the top 5 ever, But you right in terms that BL unique from all scouts that we do have something on fairly quick time that can hit decently hard (I had once crit on savage raging at around 4B - I know other BLs have a lot higher for me that was .. damn wow! first time I seen something that beat my Septic strike (again don't laugh - picked as a first class thaumaturgist lol)
  15. Entropy Well-Known Member

There's a very good reason why the devs don't look at random parses to inform their class balance efforts (reference: they said this). There are so many factors that go into your actual output on a raid mob, and most of them are multiplicative (stats) or target-limited (cross-raid buffs), and if you understand how quickly Final Ability Damage scales based on small changes in multiple factors, you get why they usually don't listen to players.

Your average player is mostly uninformed and somewhat whiny. They will cherry pick parses that support only their argument, ignoring any body of data that contradicts it. They will conveniently ignore all of the relevant factors that might go against their argument. Point in fact: just how much of a difference do you think buying all of your Ascension nukes up to Expert/Master/GM makes this early in an xpac, vs. someone who has been researching them for free?

I will tell you this: We have a Conjuror in my guild that is a great player. He understands his class, he does everything he can to min/max his output. He and I are both exceptionally well geared and have stayed very close to eachother in stats (CB/POT/Fervor/Ascension spell tiers, etc). Prior to getting the new Epics, I was consistently beating him by 10-30% on sustained (non-burst) fights. After Epics, he is consistently (~80-90% of the time) beating me by the same margin on those same sustained parses. Nothing else changed between our relative toon power except for our two Epic spells. We are in the same group on raids and have the same buff package (exception: I usually get priority on Bolster). I can still edge him on burst fights because of my epic dumbfires, but that is trivial content and frankly whoever gets strong crits on their Ascension nukes generally wins those parses anyway... i.e. almost zero to do with primary class balance. I didn't get a brutal concussion and forget how to play my class, and he didn't have a stroke of genius last month.

Conjurors aren't the only ones that got significant boosts from their new epic spells... necro and ranger are also doing very well, just to name two. If sorcerers get the much-needed boost they deserve, we could have some real semblance of T1 DPS parity soon... with some classes doing a bit better on certain types of fights, as it should be. (Note: because most named encounters are predominantly single-target, this is going to cause AE-centric classes to appear less desirable. We desperately need more fights like Psionists from TOT, to give those classes something to look forward to.)

If you still think BLs are "stupidly OP", then you're either ignoring a raw stats/power/buffs disparity between players (most likely scenario), or there really is a skill disparity going on (less likely). The BL class has solid DPS potential, as it should (BLs offer almost zero utility in Feral stance), but with the recent 120sec GCD put on Resets and the Epic abilities, the class has been brought back in line from where it was 6-12 months ago, when the days of Ire-Dread-wielding BLs rampaging over the landscape caused EQ2 to reach salt levels rarely seen outside of a Morton's factory.
    captainbeatty451, Snikkety and Dude like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

If only more people thought like you...
  17. Whiomaju Member

It's true that we are back where we were 6+ months ago pre-Summoner nerf when it comes to class balance. How on earth did this situation come about again? I was hoping the Epic 2 would be an opportunity to finally fine tune the classes to somewhat equality.

Assassins were apparently OP at the turn of the year when we had the reset rune working in our favour (never saw that myself as I was gearing up and not cutting edge at the time) but the nerf to the reset rune hit us hard since our useful stuff is on long reuse timers. Now, all things being roughly equal, we simply cannot keep up when the epic pets keep spamming dps while our hitters are on cool down.
  18. santargria Well-Known Member

OMG - another whiny overpowered post!

They're over powered the same reason wizards are overpowered, SK's are overpower, Pally's are overpowered, warriors are OP, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum!!!!

They're not - players just know how to play them!

Play your own class and stop whining about others or make a BL yourself!!

Geez - getting so sick of the whiners now - you people seriously need to grow up and stop complaining!

All this whining is not good for the game or the community - don't you people understand that?
    Snikkety likes this.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

The whole fix to this problem is simple...

Give the Illy a new mimic. Problem solved.

I'm just sayin...:p
    Snikkety likes this.
  20. Protips Member

santargria has a point and miss a point.

I think most of people will agree, BL is simply op because they have the hardest hitting class skill on the surface of Norrath, so when potency and stats inflation occurred they automatically get a bigger advantage than other class. I think what he really trying to say, is, not everyone can enjoy this OP-ness, it still take some skills and so. However, the fact is, equally skilled player, BL simply would win.

until they broke ranger and summoner's pet and wouldn't fix it, so there are 3 broken class now, while BL is the one need most skill to play.

so people need to stop saying BL is not op and it is the player playing it that is OP, this is already widely acknowledged, and I think dev's acknowledged that too and left intended because it is a paid class, which is understandable too.

In Mexico City, the surrounding high way have 2 layers. If you pay you can drive on the top one, a lot less traffic, if you suck it up and want free road you drive on the bottom with all other people refused to pay.

Suggestion for DEVs: I know people whine about BL, and BL is so afraid of the "never will come nerf", the only solution is to join them. but it is so hard with current xpac to -re- main a toon. It is about time to sell a market place coin for 4500dbc, that allows people to 1. change their adventure class -or- 2. grant all the completed quests/factions/achievement on a toon from another toon on the same account. (assuming tithe is going account wide soon)

so people actually have the options to "join" them.

But please stop saying it is player OP not the class OP, very disgusting