Why are BL's so OP?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Dyche, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Sogapa Active Member

I wish people would just stop complaining about X class being overpowered. Every single time that type of complaint thread starts, it triggers a multipage thread, and that leads to developers swinging their nerf bat and crushing the class that is being complained about, with no consideration that they may be nerfing the wrong thing. Just stop complaining about the damage someone else is doing and figure out what you are doing wrong....or change to the class you are complaining about.

If you are really upset about your own class not doing well, then try to get your own class fixed, stop breaking other people's classes.
    Revanu likes this.
  2. Protips Member

Another terrified of nerf post by another bl!
  3. Whiomaju Member

We are trying to get our classes fixed. It is not our fault if the devs nerf the "wrong" thing is it? Are you laying the blame for the devs actions at the players' door? Sorry mate but that is just wrong.

And why should we change class? Should we all play say Conj, BL and Ranger? What a fun game that would make eq2!

Also you are implying that people suddenly don't know how to play their class and others suddenly become great players after completing an epic quest. Again just a silly notion.

Lastly you are saying that the top parsing classes are not OP, if that is true, then by contrast the rest of the dps are broken classes.

And to be clear, I am not calling for a nerf of other classes. I want my class, assassin, and other classes left behind like our brother and sister sorcerers, to have a clear path forward on EQUAL FOOTING to the "not OP" classes that are far ahead.
    VGScastaway, Mizgamer62 and Protips like this.
  4. Protips Member

Whiomaju you are possibly right, we should play nothing but BL Conji and ranger, devs aren't capable of balancing more then 3 class
    VGScastaway, Mizgamer62 and Kioske like this.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

BL dumbfires are still doing 30+ billion per cast. I don't think I have an ability that does 30+ billion in less than 6-8 casts... Most good beastlords I've seen are getting 10-15% of their parse from their dumbfires during sustained fights. Fact is, even on a 12 second fight, a single spell cast by a single class should not outparse another T1 DPSer, ever.

Group comp of course makes a huge difference. BUT the fact that you are missing is that there is a reason you are in the stacked group and the assassin is not. You put the buffs on the class that it would benefit the raid's DPS most. It wouldn't make sense to put you in the MT group without buffs where you would still probably parse at least equal to the assassin in the stacked group with all the buffs. That is the issue that people are complaining about that you keep glossing over. (The other point is that you were sure happy to play a warlock in AoM, only to switch to a BL when the tides changed. So excuse me if your opinion on "class balance" is taken with a grain of salt)

For the ultimate record, I don't really want BL to be nerfed at all, I just want other T1s brought in line with them. (Obviously I know this doesn't mean Ranger/Conj, they're already there)
    Whiomaju, Mizgamer62 and Protips like this.
  6. Protips Member

Oh and I wish class balance a lot more then new content, so please stop working on new content and work on balance first. New content with no balance is just more no fun content, or more content people won't be enjoying. At last ppl still will quit no matter how good your content is. You all with me on this??
    RedvsBlue, VGScastaway, Zelox and 3 others like this.
  7. Sogapa Active Member

When the first sentence of a thread is "No one is mentioning why [INSERT CLASS HERE] are so stupidly OP.", it is clearly calling for a nerf. You, Whiomaju, may not have been calling for a nerf. I don't know, because I didn't read through all of the posts above. However, it is clear that it is the belief of the OP that BL class is over powered and needs to be nerfed. Simply reading the initial post is enough to come to that conclusion.

I am not implying anything about other players ability to play the game. I am not saying anything about top parsers. I am simply saying that if a person has a problem with another class doing more dps than them, then that person needs to figure out whether it is a problem they are having, or a weakness in their class, or perhaps the person that is embarrasing them on the parse is doing something exceptional. Or perhaps, the person that's embarrasing them on the parse has an item they are using that is overpowered.

I am saying that just because it happens to be a certain class that is outparsing you doesn't mean that the class is over powered. I am saying that if you really feel that the class is over powered and you don't like that they are beating you, then a possible solution is to switch to that class.

No, protips, I don't play a beastlord. I am simply tired of the constant nerfs, because when a class is suddenly overpowered, or the perception is that the class is suddenly overpowered, the nerf bat comes out. When the nerf bat comes out, the results can be unpredictable because developers often for some reason do not take into account why that class, or a subset of that class, is doing tons of damage.

Last expansion when summoners were nerfed, it wasn't all summoners who were overpowered. It was summoners who had a particular piece of gear who were over powered. Instead of nerfing that piece of gear, they trashed the dps across the board of all summoners, so that even those who were not doing loads more dps than the average player got nerfed.

You say that summoners are now overpowered again, but that is only maybe true of the summoners who have their epics. It is hard to compare when not everyone has their epic. Summoners who don't have their epic are certainly NOT overpowered.
  8. Protips Member

You can spend days to get your epic weapon, you can't soend days to overcome the gap between bl Conji ranger and others. It's like if you are 4 foot 9 you prob won't make it to NBA

Epic 2.0 should be a part of class balance
    Whiomaju and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

If you're a summoner this expac and you don't have your epic yet, you're either new to the game or you aren't that serious about playing your summoner. In either case, being overpowered or not doesn't really concern a non-epic summoner, just like being overpowered or not doesn't concern anyone without their epic. Though I would still argue that a good beastlord even without their epic would still outparse any sorcerer with their epic.
    Protips, Whiomaju and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

What ever Savage ally do (and they not do 30B - I wish they do but alas at GM level they don't) they just tiny shadow of what do Ethershadow Assasin do.
    I am playing now my second Ascend class - Entropy right on any prolonged fights Savage Ally aren't top 5 spots of DPS what is top DPS is EA by LARGE margin (even after all nerfs and such) - this ability along hitting for anywhere from 5 to 11B a pop (which mere 22K Pot/54 Fervor)
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Explain than this
    In my guild - top dog is yeah BL (he clocking around 1.0-1.2B)
    Guess who is coming second? - Sin, Ranger, Necro, anyone BL? - nope answer is WIZARD - 0.9-0.98B sustained damage
    it is fight for posion 3-4-5-6 thou between Sin, BL (me), Necro and Ranger
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You are in a very casual guild where there is likely a high disparity between;
    • Tithe
    • Player ability
    • Pay2Win Ascension
    Chances are either that Wizard is exceptional and everyone else is average, or you are judging off very short fights where Ascension > All.
    Mizgamer62 and Fairin like this.
  13. Revanu Well-Known Member

This will always be a subjective argument opposed to a finite answer. Especially when the range is dps is floating around 1 bil for top of parse.

I'ts a different argument entirely when you have people pumping out 3-6 bil with regularity. Hell the bottom of our parses are normally healers around 1 bil. But the discrepancy is undeniable. top 1-4 are easily 3-6 bil then there is a huge drop off between 5-8 at 3 bil and under. (these numbers are probably much higher, i just barely run act anymore because as a healer, i get more joy of knowing that whoever is bolstered is gonna top the parse)

Short bursts aren't a proper gauge for judging balance between dps classes. Hell on t1-t2 fights i can easily bolster myself, use rising tide, and divinity and hit my ascension nukes at perfect time and eclipse 3 bil on parse.

The real discussion is sustained fights that have some bit of length. I'm not arguing that beastlords are OP or rangers or summoners are as well. The underlying basis for this thread wasn't to elaborate on them being so overpowered as it is that the other supposed "t1" dps classes are broken beyond belief.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a jerk, but the fact that your guild hasn't even finished clearing the T2 raid encounters kind of skews your perspective when comparing your raid's DPS numbers. Most of the people comparing numbers in this thread are talking about people doing 1+ bill on T3s with 16000 combat mit. These same people are doing 5+ billion on the T1's-T2's your guild is still killing. Hell, based on what you're saying with 1 bill being the top of your parse on T2 fights, I'd be the top of your parse by more than double as a warlock....
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

So you saying you do not have problem with T1/T2 and just have problem with warlock on T3-T4?
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

Its not that. t1/t2 mobs live for maybe 15 seconds tops, so the gauge on which you can value t1/t2 dps is skewed. t3/t4 are longer duration fights, which is a incremental drop off in overall dps between classes.
  17. Vogie Active Member

Exactly what Revanu said, T1/T2 mobs for us die under a minute. we have a Swashy that sometimes tops our parse and his top 5 damage done abilties are Etherealist abilities because he has them all Grand mastered. When it comes to T3 mobs and Expert mobs our BL and Ranger almost double the next closest dps because the fights take well into 5minutes or longer.

Edit: I shouldn't have said double but there is a large gap
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

On a T1-T2 fight I can typically come in 2nd/3rd depending on what crits and what doesn't. The BL and Ranger still beat me 90% of the time even if I get great crits because of their epic 2.0, the conj is the same way, but if I myth crit Cascade or Ethershadow, when a raid boss dies in 20 seconds or less, anyone can top a parse with ascension. Hell, I think I have a parse somewhere from last night's raid where a templar topped our parse. T2 typically take us 0:45-1:20, other than Vaedenmoor POS strats.

T3 are typically 4-6 minutes long, on these fights I usually fall down to 6th+ on the parse.

We're not a super min/max guild either. We ride the line of "hardcore casual" raid guild. So some of our raiders are very exceptional and some are along the average/slightly above average level of play. On T1-2 fights, half our raid force is above 1 bill, while the second half are typically around the 500-700 million range.

Keep in mind, the difference between top 10 guild and 11-20 is HUGE these days. Bigger than it has ever been, because of the lower population. As Revanu was saying, they have healers that would be the top of your parse over in Sovin, because that's just how they roll over there. Sovin is one of the highest parsing guilds in the game, and they're good at what they do.

Keep in mind though, if a T1 takes 2+ minutes to kill, I wouldn't top your parse, because you would see all my DPS wear off as soon as my ascension magic vanished. Just like everyone else. The only reason I keep up on T1-2s is because I can do as much damage as anyone with ascension. The glaring difference is the DPS after the fact, the WARLOCK DPS, that falls right off the table.
    Mizgamer62 and Protips like this.
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

Bwahaha No, you're right, you know better. Double is about right, most of the time.
    Mizgamer62 and Protips like this.
  20. Protips Member

ANOTHER week without attempt to fix things. Sad patch note
    Mizgamer62 and VGScastaway like this.