Where did this come from?!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cronyn, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

Ok, I can now read Erudite... fluently.
    After spending much (way too much!) time on this, here is what I have: I am guessing that there are 38 pieces total. I have 34 - so that means there are four pieces missing. I made my best guess at where the words twisted. Does anyone know if the four missing pieces are on fan sites that we haven't found?
    Esteemed scholars, I apologise for my long absence. Unfortunately, I was discovered translating the third set of research notes and have been imprisioned for some time. I cannot be certain of my fate, although, what happens to me now of little consequence for the information I have is invaluable. It details a troubling event involving not only in the history of the Erudites but possibly all of Norrath. When the guards caught me, I was able to hide away the pieces of the journal I had copied. I knew that I was under suspicion and I copied all of the notes I found onto individual pieces of parchment. During my imprisonment, I have been able to translate the documents where there has been ample light and minimal supervision. Thus, I give you now the last piece of the researchers notes. I feel there may be even more beyond this. *MISSING* am no longer free to locate them. Consider this as the last. As I translated each page, I was able to send the parment through a *MISSING* cket as I have gone before. However, I have been kept in a weakened state and can no longer fully complete the r *MISSING* for transference. Therefore, I believe the pages are stuck in the final stages of materialization and might rot. Have m *MISSING* the physical plane,I suspect these partially matieralized pages may appear as something akin to a small storm *MISSING* of dark energy. I attempted to place them close to the highest concentrations of the p *MISSING* rrath. Search near the larger cities to find them. The pages will appear blank. I wrote them with a spec *MISSING* prevents the script from being seen even when held against the light. You will need to *MISSING* wash in order to make the script appear to your eyes. First you must obtain an *MISSING* hanted water. As you know this is not hard to come by. This ink, you should be able *MISSING* of the libraries of Norrath. Contained *MISSING* mple vial. The ink itself, however, is not enough you must create a wash by comb *MISSING* the ink with volcanic ash. The chemical properties of the ash will change the enc *MISSING* ink into the necessary wash and allow the pages to reveal their words. You can *MISSING* he ash near any volcano be it active or burned out. Once you have coll *MISSING* the twelve pages and have the ink and ash to hand, purchase a leatherback tome cover from the sages. This will help to preserve the fragile parchment and keep it safe for all to see. Combine these items in the tome cover and you will have completed the notes. I believe this is the last you will hear from me. I am grateful that these notes now have seen the light of Norrath and I *MISSING* vide valuable information to *MISSING* rs and adventurers of our *MISSING* ell my friends may kno *MISSING* our savior in the ti *MISSING* ad.

In order the pieces are:
    bixie, lore4, human, erudite, galactia, bread
    kittens, color, halfling, ratonga, half elf, innoruuk, missing
    milk, lore3, battle, tunare, froglok, barbarian, missing, gems
    arasai, star, missing, gnoll, troll, cereal, cazic
    lore1,high elf, dark elf, kerran, unicorns
    rainbows, vengeance, missing, wood elf, lore2
    (BTW, I didn't realize at first that the puzzle was written in Erudite so I actually decrypted it! Only after I had the code cracked, did I realize I didn't have to crack it. )
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Serenitii@Permafrost wrote:
    Awesome work everyone! After decoding the ones I did yesterday my brain just quit on me. I'm not sure which pieces are missing--prehaps its intentional or maybe we're reading it slightly wrong?
  3. ARCHIVED-Mysteran Guest

My guess would be they are all on the same fansite that we have missed... or the fan site has not noticed yet? hehe.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

No, we're definitely missing four pieces - as far as I can tell anyway. Maybe someone can give us a hint as to where they are? :) /nudge /nudge :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I have 33 (not counting the one that Cronyn posted).
    Hope that helps :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Azarphan Guest

Well using the new order I took another crack at assembling this thing. First you guys put in achievements and now this. Kiara I hope you realize how bad this is for my OCD ... Well at least I got my new pickles on Boomba.
    Its still not right but I wanted to give you guys an update. I worked this one from the inside out here is the latest. I will work it from the outside in tomorrow maybe I can get it. Right now all I can see is Erudite ghost symbols in front of me.
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065...bd10facc1_b.jpg
  8. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Kiara wrote:
    How I count 34...

1.bixie,
    2.lore4,

3.human,
    4.erudite,
    5.galactia,
    6.bread
    7.kittens,
    8.color,
    9.halfling,
    10.ratonga,
    11.half elf,
    12.innoruuk, missing
    13.milk, 14.lore3, 15.battle, 16.tunare, 17.froglok, 18.barbarian, missing, 19.gems
    20arasai, 21star, missing, 22gnoll, 23troll, 24cereal, 25cazic
    26.lore1,27high elf, 28dark elf, 29kerran, 30unicorns
    31rainbows, 32vengeance, missing, 33wood elf, 34lore2
    Minus 1 = 33. That meens theres no more.. and where are just missing words?
  9. ARCHIVED-paulgh Guest

This is probably as close as we can get right now:
    ESTEEMED SCHOLARS,
    I APOLOGIZE FOR MY LONG ABSENCE. UNFORTUNATELY, I WAS DISCOVERED TRANSLATING THE THIRD SET OF RESEARCHERS NOTES AND HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR SOME TIME. I CANNOT BE CERTAIN OF MY FATE, ALTHOUGH WHAT HAPPENS TO ME NOW IS OF LITTLE CONSEQUENCE, FOR THE INFORMATION I HAVE IS INVALUABLE. IT DETAILS A TROUBLING EVENT INVOLVING NOT ONLY IN THE HISTORY OF THE ERUDITES, BUT POSSIBLY ALL OF NORRATH.

WHEN THE GUARDS CAUGHT ME I WAS ABLE TO HIDE AWAY THE PIECES OF THE JOURNAL I HAD COPIED. I KNEW THAT I WAS UNDER SUSPICION AND I COPIED ALL OF THE NOTES I FOUND ONTO INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF PARCHMENT. DURING MY IMPRISONMENT, I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENTS WHERE THERE HAS BEEN AMPLE LIGHT AND MINIMAL SUPERVISION. THUS I GIVE YOU NOW THE LAST PIECE OF THE RESEARCHERS NOTES. I FEEL THERE MAY BE MORE BEYOND THIS but i AM NO LONGER FREE TO LOCATE THEM. CONSIDER THIS AS THE LAST.

AS I TRANSLATED EACH PAGE I WAS ABLE TO SEND THE PARCHMENT THROUGH A void poCKET AS I HAVE DONE BEFORE. HOWEVER, I HAVE BEEN KEPT IN A WEAKENED STATE AND CAN NO LONGER FULLY COMPLETE THE Ritual FOR TRANSFERENCE. THEREFORE I BELIEVE THE PAGES ARE STUCK IN THE FINAL STAGES OF MATERIALIZATION AND MIGHT NOT HAVE made it to THE PHYSICAL PLANE. I SUSPECT THESE PARTIALLY MATERIALIZED PAGES MAY APPEAR AS SOMETHING AKIN TO A SMALL STORMcloud OF DARK ENERGY. I ATTEMPTED TO PLACE THEM CLOSE TO THE HIGHEST CONCENTRATIONS OF THE Power in noRRATH. SEARCH NEAR THE LARGER CITIES TO FIND THEM.

THE PAGES WILL APPEAR BLANK. I WROTE THEM WITH A SPECial ink that PREVENTS THE SCRIPT FROM BEING SEEN EVEN WHEN HELD AGAINST THE LIGHT. YOU WILL NEED TO prepare a WASH IN ORDER TO MAKE THE SCRIPT APPEAR TO YOUR EYES. FIRST YOU MUST OBTAIN AN ink encHANTED WATER. AS YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT HARD TO COME BY. THIS INK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE find in one OF THE LIBRARIES OF NORRATH CONTAINED in a siMPLE VIAL. THE INK ITSELF, HOWEVER, IS NOT ENOUGH. YOU MUST CREATE A WASH BY COMBining THE INK WITH VOLCANIC ASH. THE CHEMICAL PROPERIES OF THE ASH WILL CHANGE THE ENChanted INK INTO THE NECESSARY WASH AND ALLOW THE PAGES TO REVEAL THEIR WORDS. YOU CAN find tHE ASH NEAR ANY VOLCANO BE IT ACTIVE OR BURNED OUT.

ONCE YOU HAVE COLLected THE TWELVE PAGES AND HAVE THE INK AND ASH TO HAND, PURCHASE A LEATHERBACK TOME COVER FROM THE SAGES. THIS WILL HELP TO PRESERVE THE FRAGILE PARCHMENT AND KEEP IT SAFE FOR ALL TO SEE. COMBINE THESE ITEMS IN THE TOME COVER AND YOU WILL HAVE COMPLETED THE NOTES. I BELIEVE THIS IS THE LAST YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME. I AM GRATEFUL THAT THESE NOTES NOW HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT OF NORRATH AND I was able to proVIDE VALUABLE INFORMATION TO all the crafteRS AND ADVENTURERS OF OUR homeland. tELL MY FRIENDS, MAY KNOwledge be yOUR SAVIOR IN THE TImes aheAD.

(lowercase represents estimates of missing parts)

Icenia
  10. ARCHIVED-Azarphan Guest

I have 34 graphics layers in my .psd file.
  11. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Malachi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thats awesome Malachi, it looks like we are missing 4.. witch would bring us to 38 total.
    Great work I must say.. I want a full rez copy of this if possible when your done. Would love it as my background!

Alright heading to sleep have a headache and wan't to give my brain a break!
    Again we did good everyone! have a nice night!
  12. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Icenia@Befallen wrote:
    Thats what I got to.. except for void. Since our Speculations match I will Post this! Great.
  13. ARCHIVED-Azarphan Guest

Thanks, I am thinking I may discover more one I start from the outside and work in with the semi full translation in mind.
  14. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I'm tired and things are blurring together for me. I'll double check when I get to the office tomorrow (as it is always possible that I neglected to send out a couple *BLUSH*).
    And as a side note, once it's all over, I do have the completed and whole piece that Gnobrin has already prepared, so you can all share the madness that Cronyn inflicted upon him!
    I just want everyone to know that I had nothing whatever to do with this plan. Really. It was all the dorf. He's evil I tell you. Eeeevil.
    *nod*
    Yup, I am totally innocent. *shines halo*
  16. ARCHIVED-Cronyn Guest

I loved watching everyone work together to solve the puzzle. That was awesome to see, as always.
    Thanks Kiara for sending out the pieces, thanks to the fan sites that posted them for our players, and thank you Gnorbin for putting together beautiful art for it.
    Congratulations, everyone. Nice work! :)
    Now... to get more ale... ;-)
  17. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

WE devoured this thing probably the day it was release snad some of us before the clues were even fully noticed. that should teach you to starve us for so long! it was like throwing a porkchop into a tank of pirahna.
  18. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

It's been AWESOME reading these pages and 'watching' how incredibly well people work together.
    Thank you everyone for providing an edge of chair, popcorn chomping glimpse into the facinating world of Lore-athians!
    gp
  19. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

Wonderful job, all of you!
    Now, can we have that bound in a book too?
  20. ARCHIVED-Cronyn Guest

Arbreth wrote:
    Ah, you know, that's a good idea.
    I can transcribe them all into a "collected pages of mysterious notes", and put them on a vendor, if you guys want it. Yes, no? :)