Where did this come from?!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cronyn, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

I picked up all of the pages, the ink, the ash, the binding. The only thing I had a problem with was the ash since I didn't find it in Lavastorm. It wasn't until I scrolled down a bit on the EQ2i page for this that I saw each server had its own location for the ash. After that it was easy to find.
    Oh, and one thing I noticed as I found the glowies on Antonica: they were around where lowbies could get them without too much problem. I found them near the Qeynos griff tower, on the way to the Claymore, none in Archer Woods, or along the hiway thru where the gnolls are, or by the hiwaymen area. But then they appeared again near McQuibble's Farm, near Ardent Keep. My Illy is L35 so had no problem, but I could see running a little one around to get the pages no problem. /thumbs up
    Thank you, Cronyn! Thank you, everyone!
    My book hoarding, lore happy, bookshelf collecting Dark Elf Illusionist thanks you as well!
  2. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Is this still in game? We went around and got everything but the ash, can't find it anywhere in either TD or LS.
    Everything else is still in game but can't get the ash.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The ash is located at a different location in Timorous deep on every server. None of them are the same, so you have to just look.
  4. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Has this been turned off yet?
    I'm trying to get the volcanic ash on my Wizard, spent over an hour searching along the spot that I found it before on Gorowyn Beach in Time Deep, but nothing. I also have this sitting on my little Warlock to be finished.
    I sent a petition, was told that it's possibly shut off since it was a pre-SF quest.
    The globes are still collectable, the ink well is still clicky, and the leather binding can still be bought. I did that today.
    My petition is still pending, the GM was going to forward it to QA to see what's up, but I thot I'd mention it here in case I could get a reply from someone in the know.
    /tempts Cronyn with an ale or three...
    Thank you in advance!
  5. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

It's likely that the ash was moved due to server resets. So the original location will not be same next time after the servers come up.
    Basically, look in other known locations and you should find it again.
  6. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Coniaric wrote:
    I've received answers from two GMs. Apparently the quest has been turned off which is why the ash can't be gained anymore. The other pieces (globes, ink, binding) just haven't been removed from game yet.
    I'm hoping I can be given the ash, but if not, I'll just have to wait until it's available on the merchant.
    Thanks for your reply.
  7. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Well, darn.
    I just got the reply, the ash can't be given to me so I can complete the book since that event has been turned off.
    Guess I wait until it's buyable from the merchant. :(
    Hopefully others will read this and know not to collect the pages anymore and the other items.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Fiddlesticks, really? Well, thank you for posting the information, as sad as it is to hear. Hopefully the 3rd book will be added to Sages soon. I'll go on and mark it as (temporarily) no longer available on BiblioNorrath... *sigh*
  9. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Aurelis wrote:
    Very welcome.
    Yeah, I'm disappointed about this, too. I was busy with Real Life(tm) for some time and wasn't able to do this right away.
    I figured it was still running since the globes are still seen on Antonica and Commonlands. :(
    Ah well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

Bleah RL :p
    In any case, did Cronyn ever put up those mysterious notes on a vendor? If so, which/where?
  11. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

I haven't seen the mysterious notes, which is sad! I've been waiting for them, and a few other books...
    I just wanted to note that people have been finding the ash. Either they added it back, or the GM was mistaken... but go looksie! It's either in TD or Lavastorm. Lavastorm is generally an easier-to-find ash than TD, unless you know where to look in the latter. d: If you need help, let me know either in-game or via PM and I can hop over to your server and look for the ash.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

BTW, it is still possible to complete the book. The pages are all scattered around Antonica and the Commonlands still. I found the ink still available in the mage towers, and I found the ash right off the docks in Lavastorm the other day.
  13. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Oopa -- sorry, I was tired when I posted! That's what I was trying to say between the babble. :) Thanks for that; my post was a little disjointed...
  14. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Yeah, I know about the ash still being found, thanks tho.
    A player on Unrest asked what it was a few days ago, I told him, and found that others have been finding the ash in either Tim Deep or Lavastorm.
    The thing is, I escalated the petition up to a Lead GM, and he told me that he contacted QA and they told him it was turned off. Ah well. /shrug
    I'm going to get a book completed before it does go away.
  15. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Out of curiosity... any word on the mysterious notes book? *sniffle*