Where did this come from?!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cronyn, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Azarphan Guest

So they are starting to look like concentric rings at this point. As of yet I am not able to match them to a spiral pattern ( mainly because of that outer string of text in my last pic. When I combine the list below I get another ring about 3 times smaller than the larger ring but they align graphically. I am going to start combining them into rings to see what I come up with...
    Ring
    1. Kerran
    2. Unicorn
    3. Lore1
    4. HIgh Elf
    5. Dark Elf
  2. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Bellacouste@Everfrost wrote:
    If there are no more to be translated then, some of these are translated incorrectly.. some seem to match but look like there misspelled.
  3. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    Yall know where it is on Unrest?
  4. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Malachi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Kerran: Unicorn: StargateFanGirl Lore1: Cinyth High Elf: Cyliena Dark Elf: Cyliena
    ROM THE SAGES THIS WILL HELP TO PURCHASE A LEATHERBACK TOME CONERG
    RD KEEP IT SAFE FOR ALL TO SEE PRESERVE THE FRAGILE PARCHMENT A
    OME COVER AND YOU WILL HAVE COMBINETHESE ITEMS IN THE T
    ERE THIS IS THE LAST YOU WILL HEAR COMPLETED THE NOTES I BELI
    HESE NOTES NOW HAVE SEEN FROM MEI AM GRATEFUL THAT I

Theres your ring.. Ill see if I can find a start somewhere.. but I cant match certain words.. I think Dark Elf and Kerran Are slightly mistranslated.. can someone re check them?

Purchace a leatherback tome (???) from the sages. This will help to perserve the fragile parchment and keep it safe for all to see. Combined these items in the tome cover and you will have completed the notes. I beilieve this is the last you will hear from me. I am greateful that I these notes now have seen...... need more...
  5. ARCHIVED-Thrads Guest

Still need Froglok, Gnoll, Lore2, Lore3, Ratonga, and Troll
  6. ARCHIVED-paulgh Guest

The first ring:
    Esteemed Scholars, I apologize for my long absence.
    Unfortunately, I was discovered translating the third set of researchers notes and have been imprisoned for some time.
    I cannot be certain of my fate, although what happens to me now is of little consequence, for the information I have is invaluable.
    It details a troubling event involving not only in the history of the Erudites, but possibly all of Norrath.
    When the guards caught me I was able to hide away the pieces of the journal I had copied.
    I knew that I was under suspicion and I copied all of the notes I found onto individual pieces of parchment.
    During my imprisonment, I have been able to translate the documents where there has been ample light and ...

Thanks to all who have contributed translations.
    Icenia
  7. ARCHIVED-Azarphan Guest

Do These combine in any way? They all fit together on the same arc in that order but I am missing 1 or 2 pieces. Hopefully this is not a red herring.

2. Woodelf
    3. Vengence
    4. Lore2
    5. Rainbows
  8. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

I'm going to grab some cheese dinner and get started on Ratonga. :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Icenia@Befallen wrote:
    Ive decoded half of it on page 6.. Its a solid spiral so.. it turns into 1 long story on how to do the quest..

Just missing 4 different sections and we should be done.
    Thank for the edit.. realized I got the end of the 4th scentance backwards...
  10. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Malachi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Checking... Need Lore 2 translated and Woodelf.
  11. ARCHIVED-Azarphan Guest

So graphically here are some groupings that match. I included the previous rings 2 rings for continuity. These are in order so far the top being the outer most ring so far.
    Can someone tell me what the all the talk about books is I have been face deep in photoshop most of the day inbetween various household thing that needed doing. Let me in on the secret
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2689...f8ea212a1_b.jpg
    Ring
    1. bixie
    2. Lore4
    3. Human
    4. Erudite
    5. Galactica
    6. Bread

Ring
    Ratonga
    Half Elf
    Innoruuk

Ring
    Lore3
    Battle
    Gems
    Milk
    Tunare
    Froglock

Ring
    Color
    Halfling

Ring
    Star
    Arisai

Ring
    1. Kerran
    2. Unicorn
    3. Lore1
    4. HIgh Elf
    5. Dark Elf

Ring
    Woodelf
    Vengence
    Lore2
    Rainbows
  12. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

WHY THANK YOU!

List is now updated in corresponding order..
  13. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

If I got the letters right... Here's what I got for Lore 2:
    LIGHT
    UABLE
    ADVE
    GRIE
    VIOR
  14. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Shanak85 wrote:
    Looks right.. going to compile now.
    Compiled.. I just need Woodelf and I can decode it.

Its to choppy to get anything Coherent, Notion, Inform, Adventurer are all words i can see but nothing connecting them together.
  15. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

I'll get right on that, if I can figure out where woodelf is
  16. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Malachi thanks for your help.
    To answer your question, I think its because people like to solve riddles and learn about events that are going to happen in the game. And these books lead up to bigger events by reading them and once we discover the books we will get the answers..

I for one just like the riddles.

Sorry guys didn't realize what time it was. I have to go to sleep for work tomorrow.
    I will post the most recent info right now. and try to update it tomorrow morning (6 hrs from now.)

Thanks again all.
  17. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Galactica:Tylia Bread: Malachi Bixie: Phantie and Lore 4: Ventisly Human: Gaktar Erudite: Jennivere Galactica: Tylia
    ESTEEMED SCHOLARS I APOLOGIZE FOR MY LONG ABSENCE UNFORTUNATELY I WAS
    NG THE THIRD SET OF RESEARCHERS NOTES AND HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR SOME TIME I CANNOT BE CERTAIN OF MY FATE ALTHOUGH WHAT HAPPENS TO ME NOW I DISCOVERED TRANSLATING THE THIRD SET OF RESEAR
    FOR THE INFORMATION I HAVE IS INVALUABLE IT DETAILS A TROUBLING EVENT INVOLVING NOT ONLY IN THE HISTORY OF THE ERUDITES BUTPOSSIBLY ALL OF NORRATH OF LITTLE CONSEQUENCE FOR THE INFORMATION I HAVE
    GHT ME I WAS ABLE TO HIDE AWAY THE PIECES OF THE JOURNAL I HAD COPIED I KNEW THAT I WAS UNDER SUSPICION AND I COPIED ALL OF THE NOTES IWHEN THE GUARDS CAUGHT ME I WAS ABLE TO HIDE
    DUAL PIECES OF PARCHMENT DURING MY IMPRISONMENT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENTS WHERE THERE HAS BEEN AMPLE LIGHT AND FOUND ONTO INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF PARCHMENT

So...ESTEEMED SCHOLARS I APOLOGIZE FOR MY LONG ABSENCE UNFORTUNATELY I WAS I DISCOVERED TRANSLATING THE THIRD SET OF RESEARCHERS NOTES AND HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR SOME TIME I CANNOT BE CERTAIN OF MY FATE ALTHOUGH WHAT HAPPENS TO ME NOW OF LITTLE CONSEQUENCE. FOR THE INFORMATION I HAVE IS INVALUABLE IT DETAILS A TROUBLING EVENT INVOLVING NOT ONLY IN THE HISTORY OF THE ERUDITES BUTPOSSIBLY ALL OF NORRATH. I KNEW THAT I WAS UNDER SUSPICION AND I COPIED ALL OF THE NOTES IWHEN THE GUARDS CAUGHT ME I WAS ABLE TO HIDE AWAY THE PIECES OF THE JOURNAL I HAD COPIED ONTO INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF PARCHMENT. DURING MY IMPRISONMENT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENTS WHERE THERE HAS BEEN AMPLE LIGHT AND FOUND ....
    Esteemed scholars I apologize for my long absence, unfortunately I was discovered translating the third set of researchers notes and have been imprisoned for some time. I cannot be certain of my fate, although what happens to me now is of little consequence. For the information I have is Invaluable. It details a troubling event involving not only in the history of the Erudites but possibly all of Norrath.
    I knew that I was under suspicion and I copied all the the notes. When the guards caught me I was able to hide away the pieces of the journal I had copied onto individual pieces of parchment. During my imprisonment I have been able to translate the documents where there was ample light and found....

Gems: Phantie Milk: AjiaAwakener + Jennivere
    RRATH SEARCH NEAR THE D
    PREVENTS THE SCRIPT L
    RASH IN ORDER TO FR
    HANTED WATER ASMA
    OF THE LIBRARIES Y

Color:Cyliena Halfling: Half Elf:hantie Innoruuk:ahyah
    GIVE YOU NOW THE LAST PIECE OF THE RESEARCHERS NOTES I FEEL THERE MAY BE EVEN MORE BEYOND THIS
    M CONSIDER THIS IS THE LAST AS I TRANSLATED EACH PAGE I WAS ABLE TO SEND THE PARCHMENT THROUGH A
    HOW EVER I HAVE BEEN KEPT IN A WEAKENED STATE AND CAN NO LONGER FULLY COMPLETE THE R
    I BELIEVE THE PAGES ARE STUCK IN THE FINAL STAGES OF MATERIALIZATION AND MIGHT NOT HAVE M
    ECT I PARTIALLY MATERIALIZED PAGES MAY APPEAR AS SOMETHING AKIN TO A SMALL STORM

18. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

Star Arasai:
    MUST OF NORRATH CONTAINED
    F THE CREATE A WASH BY COMB
    VEALASH WILL CHANGE THE ENC
    OUT THEIR WORDS YOU CAN
    HAND ONCE YOU HAVE COLL

Kerran: Unicorn: StargateFanGirl Lore1: Cinyth High Elf: Cyliena Dark Elf: Cyliena
    ROM THE SAGES THIS WILL HELP TO PURCHASE A LEATHERBACK TOME COVER F
    RD KEEP IT SAFE FOR ALL TO SEE PRESERVE THE FRAGILE PARCHMENT A
    OME COVER AND YOU WILL HAVE COMBINETHESE ITEMS IN THE T
    ERE THIS IS THE LAST YOU WILL HEAR COMPLETED THE NOTES I BELI
    HESE NOTES NOW HAVE SEEN FROM MEI AM GRATEFUL THAT I

PURCHASE A LEATHERBACK TOME COVER FROM THE SAGES. THIS WILL HELP TO PRESERVE THE FRAGILE PARCHMENT ARD KEEP IT SAFE FOR ALL TO SEE. COMBINETHESE ITEMS IN THE TOME COVER, AND YOU WILL HAVE COMPLETED THE NOTES, I BELIERE THIS IS THE LAST YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME. I AM GRATEFUL THAT I HESE NOTES NOW HAVE SEEN.....
    Purchace a Leatherback Tome Cover from the sages. This will help to perserve the fragile parchment and keep it safe for all to see. Combined these items in the tome cover and you will have completed the notes. I beilieve this is the last you will hear from me. I am greateful that I these notes now have seen...... need more...

Woodelf Lore 2 Rainbow Vengeance
    VIDE THE LIGHT OF NORRATH AND
    RS VALUABLE INFORMATION TO I
    ELL AND ADVENTURERS OF OUR
    OUR MY GRIENGS MAY KNO
    AD SAVIOR IN THE TI
    Missing 1 more.
  19. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Woodelf is:
    VIDE THE
    RS VAL
    ELLAND