What is the headless horsemen respawn timer?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-pinba11 Guest

Very dissapointed , everyone should get a shot at him , not just the HC guilds locking it down.
    Make him instanced for the love of god.

/SIGH
  2. ARCHIVED-GreenArmadillo Guest

Same story on LDL. My guild heard that there was this nifty new seasonal boss, so we formed up a group and headed over to be told that one of the top guilds on the server was permacamping the named and auctioning the loot. That's fine for content that's around all-year but a really disappointing show for the signature feature of a time-limited holiday event. At a minimum, the event description should be amended to make it clear that the mob is contested, so that people don't waste their time.
    P.S. Locking the mob to the necklace-holder doesn't really solve the camping problem - if the camping guild has the majority of the players present at the spawn point, they're still going to get the lock more often than not.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaelwyn Guest

This is not fun, as intended.
    Having the top guild camp this mob 24/7 and profiting from everyones right to this world event is not what I would call entertaining. I have just seen a group attempting to get their first shot off when the servers high end raid group literaly took it.
    Locking the necklace is not the answer. First shot first gotten. These players are fast and efficient. Another solution is necessary to allow everyone the opportunity.
    Very poor indeed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Thanks for taking a look at this, Gninja. However, unless you make him instanced or nerf the loot a lot then even locking it to who triggers him won't stop a few people from locking him down. They can just go get more necklaces while they wait for respawn.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I have some ideas :)
  6. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Gaelwyn wrote:
    This mob is trash and can be 3 boxed and group should be at the tree with the hard core and spamming blue AE in hope of nabbing it.Its still a epic so first to damage him will lock him and since this mob is so easy even for casuals all that matters then and is the determineing factor is luck.
    So those upset about it sure understandable....but by no means is the mob perma camped in terms of you have no shot at all.
    The issue with the necklace is he can take from multi people even tho the mob doesnt lock to them and that needs to be changed.
    So again his spawn time is about 1-2 hours and any group of people can kill this thing he is a heroric mob that has a epic tag.You can say he is not worth the trouble cause you have to sit there and wait and still not have chance at him.....that is still your choice but in reality everyone has shot at him its just if your lucky enough to nail that damage at instant he spawns.
    Put a apperence item version of him in the maze with also trophy head for those that like that sought of stuff imo.
  7. ARCHIVED-nitrous Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I hope it is a good one as this is the same story on Befallen, one raid guild locking the mob down 24/7 not letting anyone else on the server even have a chance at it. I would love to be able to try and take him down but impossible with Infamous (Guild) having it on a 24/7 lockdown.
  8. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Zlar@Befallen wrote:
    What is preventing you from having your group doing instant Blue AEs at the tree right along with Infamous?
    There is no lock down...its a game of chance.......so take your shot and take it from them.

Oh and what i would add to this encounter is 50 Meter AE death touch/Knockback that is targeted and unmitigatable when he spawns
  9. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

This is less an SOE issue and more a community issue. It'd be a shame if SOE had to make a game catered to the worst of us and not the best of us...
    Not that I don't totally understand, I do. I can still think it's a shame that people, even in games, can't share like their momma told them to.
  10. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

IMHO this is a poster child for why I hate contested mobs. 4 raids clustered at the tree spamming AEs for an hour in hopes of getting a chance at the new choker isn't fun at all.
    I'm hoping that SOE puts this loot table elsewhere in the game after they remove the encounter next month. Personally, I'd love to see Fear have a level 80 version with this loot table. That would be pretty cool.
  11. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Zlar@Befallen wrote:
    I just love how everyone blames "the raid guild" and not just "the guild"... any guild could be there spamming AE's and trying to get the first shot on the mob, it doesn't HAVE to be a raid guild, but of course the non-raiders are here with their normal venom and jealousy.
    Honestly, the whole Headless Horseman was a complete and total failure of logic on the dev's part. Putting good loot on an extremely easy mob with a very short respawn, no matter how short of a time he will exist in game, is poor logic. The dev's HAD to know that people would do this, I mean, it isn't the first time a mob has been camped to block other guilds from progressing (or in this case, getting loot or plat from selling said loot)... isn't that the whole reason that Harla Dar was moved to an instance rather than constested dungeon?
  12. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Malachani wrote:
    Just so happens to be the raid guilds locking them down on every server, they are what they are and they do what they do. In fact that's pretty much what NPU said yesterday, it's their JOB to lockdown contested on the server.
    Most guilds have a better attitude towards the community, most raid guilds are all about themselves and having it all to themselves.
    I doubt you will find one server with a non-raid guild keeping this mob on lockdown so don't cry about people blaming raid guilds, they are the ones doing it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ballads Guest

So you give casuals a chance to fight a contested mob and still they whine, cry and bicker? I dont get it. They complain about Avatars cause hard core guilds know the strat and they have long erratic spawn timers. Here you have an easy mob which requires almost no strat to kill( move it away from tree-move it back avoid the KB.) Spawn time 1-2 hours. Can be killed by 1 group in Shard gear no myths. This mob is aimed at casuals not the hard core. Who ever hits its first gets to kill it. No learning curve, no gear requirements, no long camps. Get out there and contest it spamming your blue AE's instead of crying about who is killing it. Look as a full x2 of casuals you would have a lot better chance of Tagging it over 3-6 HC players you just have more blues to spam cast. People who come here and claim they are not getting a fair shot at it are not trying to get a fair shot at it. Get out there and try, you might just be surprised how easy it is to win.
  14. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Bratface wrote:
    The argument that a single guild is locking it down is effective enough. Throwing in the "raid" portion of that is only to incite a reaction. Its a silly unnecessary adjective that need not be applied to get your point across. A single guild is locking it down, why does it matter if they raid, are casual or if its one person 6 boxing? Why paint "raiders" as people who only care about themselves, and the "other guilds" as these magnanimous people who are so gracious and generous... its asinine, and only serves to try to make yourself look better.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

ahh well they are looking into it so maybe they can make this event fun for all and not just some.
  16. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I suggest adding a lot of lvl 80^^^ creeps who roam around the tree. Then at least people can't sit on the spawn point without drawing attention to themselves.
  17. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Foolsfolly wrote:
    No make it epix x2 adds walking around.....like 2 dozen
    People can solo herorics....im sure buncha groups sitting there is more then enough to keep the area clear of spawns if just herorics.
  18. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    Just make them Non-Agro and instant respawn. Any one who is in combart with these mobs gets a debuff, that he cant affekt any other mob this trash mobs until they are dead. No chain-casting of blue AEs any more. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Zlar@Befallen wrote:
    Much though people like to dis Infamous and they are indeed sitting on the mob. I do know for a fact that several other guilds have been able to pull it very successfully.
  20. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

this is a holiday event .. this is not a avatar. period.
    if your resident uber guild is camping it .. take it from them. we've done it.
    it would be nice to have him in a spot so i'm not clicking a fast cast aoe for 30 minutes wearing a mouse out but .. i can live with it.