What is the headless horsemen respawn timer?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

Require everyone in the raid/group to have a necklace and make the chest in HH have a 24 hour lockout on it, or make it into a repeatable that can only be completed once a day. This mechanic is already in place so it shouldnt require a large amount of effort.
    Then guilds can lock it down alright but not with the same 6 toons.
  2. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Trynnus1 wrote:
    There is nothing being locked down tho...i dont get it.
  3. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    says you.
  4. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

While I do agree it is possible to fight for it and I most likely will, monopolizing content is a bannable offense. I know people who have been banned for it in the past. There is a difference in camping a spawn vs standing in its spawn spot spamming blue AE's. Regardless of my opinion though, I've seen plat farmers get splatted by GM's for the exact same activity.
    On the other hand though, I don't see why more people are not putting up a fight over this. Get your groups together and camp it. Apparently this mob doesnt require avatar gear to kill. If someone is putting forth the effort to camp it, what makes their efforts worth any less than anyone elses. There are two sides to this, but overall... bad implementation.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Bratface wrote:
    SOE shouldn't have put such good items on a holiday mob.
  6. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

bluedego wrote:
    LoL well its true...nothing is being locked down...take a group over to the spawn and click the blue AE skill....you have just as much chance as anyone else to pull the mob.
  7. ARCHIVED-PurrceyPurespirit007 Guest

Randomize his spawn location along his path.
    Make necklace lock the encounter to the person.
    Make the activating necklace drop only once per char.
  8. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

I have never found any FUN in hanging around a spot for 1-2 hours for a spawn then having to fight others who are there for the right to kill said spawn.
    then waiting with your group for another 1-2 hours, and lose out again.
    Most people do not have 4+ hours to waste like this, or at least if they do would like to do something else more worth while.

what ever happen to just plan old taking turns? I could never understand why in an adult game we have to fight each other for things. There always has to be one or two groups who feel they have to show how great they are by taking a spawn mob every time it shows up.
    I will never understand the Fun factor in this, more so on a Holiday mob which should be meant for everyone to enjoy, not just a few who can rotate people in and keep the spot covered. That is a lock down on a spawn! Having the bigger forces around to out do everyone else who tries. How can it be called anything but? example Guild 1 has 4-5 groups out in spawn area, all doing aoe and thing else in order to get first hit. Guild 2 has 1 group out there. How can anyone say that guild 2 have the same chances at guild 1?

sorry I play for fun and enjoyment, not frustration. this is content that I will just have to pass on because I do not want to experience the frustration of having to fight others for a shot at a mob, but I guess others do find enjoyment in ganking stuff away from others. Only way they feel like they are superior over others I guess.
  9. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Gage wrote:
    QFE
  10. ARCHIVED-Qinwena Guest

Elquinjena wrote:
    I agree with this completely.
    Our guild last night pulled a group of two together and we headed out there. It was extremely disheartening to see so many people out there. Even when I was on this morning doing my daily in Lavastorm, I saw people putting groups together and then cancelling them due to 'too many camping him'. Maybe I'll just go out there after enjoying the Hedge and see if I can watch a guild kill him.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Malachani wrote:
    Show me a 'casual' guild that spends hours and hours camping a raid mob and denying that content to everyone else. Show me just one. I'm going to go get some coffee while I wait. You'll be awhile. I don't know you, and I don't know what your attitude toward other people is, but I do know that on AB, "hardcore" raiders haven't typically been very nice or considerate people. I reference the original Eidolon and Halcyon Affinity as shining examples of stereotypical raider foolishness. Are there 'casual' guilds that can and do go out and lock down content? Sure. But it sounds to me from the tone of your posts that you don't want to admit that more often than not, it's guilds who primarily raid, that are pulling this nonsense.
    Heck, just read through various posts on this board (or God forbid, EQ2flames) and read the attitudes of some of the more vocal raiders: Nothing matters but raiding. Screw people who don't. Balance the game around raiding. Don't let non-raiders have things that I have. That about sums it up in a nutshell. Maybe you aren't one of those people, but there are quite a few folks like that, and they tend to be the folks who seem to draw the most attention.
  12. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Well fwiw the event is 3 weeks long, will the camping continue into the last week? I think yes..*looks at folks there at soe*..you do realize ppl *still* duo SoF daily sometime to sell an oldschool choker for 50 plat. At least that earns them a daily lockout.

Now you've given them 3 weeks to HOURLY farm a better piece of loot not only for themselves but to sell. I mean really wow...expecially considering the difficulty of this mob and if folks are pulling it off trio, really really don't see the problem lessening unless you make some serious change to the mechanics of the thing.
  13. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Elhonas@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    First off, what's with the random arbitrary italicization in your post? Its distracting.
    Second off, you're the one that sounds like you have an entitlement problem. You want the same thing as everyone else but you are unwiling to do what it takes to get it. You do not want to camp a mob, but these people are willing to do so. So why should you get the rewards for work you refuse to do?
    I refuse to turn this into a raider vs them argument. It is INCOSEQUENTIAL to the issue in this thread, that is all I'm saying. It could be ANYONE, from ANY guild camping this mob. There is absolutely no reason to try to further tarnish "raiders" as selfish monopolizers, trust me there are plenty of people who drip jealousy over what raiders have that they don't because they don't have the time or willingness to do what it takes to get said stuff.
    That being said, I agree with Gage, they never should have put such good loot on a mob that could be easily monopolised by just a few people who are willing to put the time in to do so. If this was meant to be a fun holiday event mob, then they should have put fun, holiday event gear on it, not near-end-game gear.
  14. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

I think the way to fix is is simple just make it you clickie the necklace an it spawns him. An if you have those people camping the spot AoEing an 5 people clickie the necklace you get 5 to spawn. An the aoe the nail off hits all 5 now they get to deal with 5 named. While they are doing that the other raid group can clickie thier neck item to spawn the nmed for them. Keeps all happy raids that are camping the spot can fight more than one or alot while others can just clickie one for them an the raid they are in.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Malachani wrote:
    First, the italics aren't random or arbitrary. I placed a little something my message for anyone who might care to find it. Clearly, you aren't one of those people.
    Secondly, I don't have a problem with 'entitlement'. I go out and get what I want. I don't care about having the best gear; I care about enjoying myself, and not putting up with people who attempt to deny me access to content, in order to stroke their e-peens. T4 gear and mythical weapons don't impress me. What impresses me are people who aren't selfish pricks. I know who's camping the Horseman on AB, and yes, they tout themselves as being a 'raiding guild'.
    I'm not saying that all raiders are jerks, in fact far from it. But the fact remains that several examples in this thread were cited of RAIDING GUILDS dominating THIS encounter. Again, I challenge you to show me one instance of a group of 'casual' players locking down this content for hours on end. I'm still waiting.
    I do, however, agree with you (and Gage, surprisingly) in saying that such good loot should never have been put on a holiday mob. Common sense dictates that the few people who have the time and means to monopolize the content are going to do so. That doesn't somehow make it all right for people to monopolize the content, though. I think we agree on the fact that he shouldn't be dropping this loot (or if he is, put him in an instance). We just disagree on the fact that yes, 'raiding' guilds are responsible for quite a bit of this nonsense.
  16. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

It's not every server. Shoukin has killed the mob maybe 3 times total on najena for trophies for our various guild halls, and we had to fight for 2 of those kills(we offered the loot to anyone nearby for free at one of our kills). The guilds locking it down are the casual raid guilds, although it's often uncamped late at night and early mornings. So broad statements like all hc raiders are jerks and HC guilds are locking it down on every server are bs. I honestly dont see the reason to try and lock it down, the items are good for casuals, meh for raiders at best.
  17. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

The whole situation of this holiday event baffles me. Why put one of the best dps necklaces out there with only a 3 week availability? Even with the neck's drawbacks, it has been almost universally hailed as THE item to have if you're not drop kicking Anashti or Avatars. This means that the low to mid level TSO raiders (and below) will all great desire that item. Also high end guilds would also want to farm the necklace for alts (via trio'ing the mob) so they can save some DKP.
    Umm... Why? I guess some people could find the prospect of possibly beating out other groups of campers to be entertaining. But most people, myself included, don't fall into that camp. So we're faced with either devoting a significant portion of our lives to camping duty or we simply lose access to this holiday event mob.
    I know that once the next SF expansion comes out early next year, this necklace will start to become obsolete. But that's still months away and putting so many people on the servers into this position isn't the most tasteful decision.
  18. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

I hear lots of complaints about raiding guilds locking down this one contested MOB. Well, I'm a member of a raiding guild and by no means has the guild "locked down" the Headless Horseman. In fact, they have only killed it once with a 7 person crew. Later on, they tried again and failed - it was pulled by a casual group of peeps.
    Another day, our raiding guild crew attempted another pull. This time they lost out to a guild that raids. And yes, one of the "hard core" raiding guilds on our server, did pull the Headless Horseman, but they by no means "locked down" the MOB.
    Reason for this is that, one has to spam the trigger in order to get the HH to lock onto that person (group). So, it can be a biit of luck involved. It certainly doesn't take a full x2 uber geared, uber master x2 group to kill the HH. That has been demonstrated many times.
    Just so u understand my definitions - casual group of peeps are peeps in different guilds and/or non-guilded banding together for one purpose. Guild that raids (aka casual raiding guild)- defines most all guilds in which they will raid as a group and invite others to join them to fill out their ranks if necessary. They also focus on many other parts of the game such as questing.... say wa?
    A raiding guild (aka casual raiding guild) is one who schedules 3-4x per week raid zone events. These guilds will 99.9% of the time use their own guild members and their guld members' alts for this purpose. Although these guilds are formed around raiding content, they also get together during non-raiding times for instances, quest updates and questing. The final type, hard-core raiding guilds are few in numbers. They have the same format as the raiding guilds. However, they also utilize a call system 24/7 for the pupose of going after contested MoBs such as avatars.
    Some but not all raiding and hard-core raiding guilds have alternate guilds for alts and peeps apping or for part-time raiders. Their purpose is to clear all raiding zone content before the next expansion. However, raiding guilds may or may not clear a few contested avatars, but the hard-core raiding guilds desire to clear all contested avatar content before the next expansion.
    I don't get excited over a one mob event. If it happens, it happens, but it certainly doesn't make or break my game. Could it have been planned a bit better? Perhaps.... but then, there are many, many others things going on in the game that I enjoy better than sitting around for a couple hours or so just for one mob who may or may not drop uber loot that I may or may not win.
    This is a very complicated game with many facets to it. I enjoy the special live events. I still laugh going through the Hollow Hedge - particulary the scarecrows who "ouch" a lot! LOL I still am collecting tokens from the Spires live event. Inbetween, I'm searching for those red crafting shinies or regular shinies, working on quests, leveling up my next crafter, learning more about each of miy 6 characters, and oh, yeah, raiding 4x per week. Ya, lots of content besides sitting 2-3 hours for one mob then complaining when you don't get that mob.
    Gee, I never read anyone who does kill the HH complaining about the camping or the number of peeps trying for the contested pull! I'll give a hint: If you want to kill HH, then get a group together to meet at the dead tree during non-popular hours. Try before you go to work! You know when your server has less peeps on it during a 24 hr period of time. It only takes a few minutes to kill HH once he's spawned by your necklace.
    Gratz SoE on a fun Nights of the Dead!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Eldra@Unrest wrote:
    I have killed the mob and complained :p
    The lunacy this mob has created is not fun really. We for instance waited 45mins with no one in zone. Then the guild that has been monopolizing it on our server starts to show up. At this point we know he will be spawning soon as they have killed him and have him timed.
    We asked them for a shot since we were there and no one else was and had been waiting about 45mins or so. They told us tough luck that it is contested and this is how the mob was designed. Ahh I remember way back in the day when people showed common curtosey to their fellow gamers. Even back in my EQ1 raid days we would race other Guilds to the raid mob but first one there with the people to do it got first shot. Sadly that does not seem to apply in any game anymore.
    So Alright we played their game, we still got the mob and they proceeded to cast every lag inducing spell they could think of on top of us. Fireworks, Druid Portals, in a sad sad attempt to lag us. Then they continued being jerks afterwards about how we dished out the loot to our own people (we were an all guild group of 5). On one hand it was satisfying to have still gotten the mob over the other group that were rude, but it also left us saying "Well we got the statue now, let's not ever do that again alright"
    This event has caused nothing but headaches even to many who have indeed got the mob and killed it.
  20. ARCHIVED-anastasia1224 Guest

Both sides made valid points,but I still don't see why it's fair to camp a limited time only mob and not let anyone else get to it.I understand that everyone has a "chance" to get it.But if Guild "A" camps it 24/7 and sees Guild "B",who has not been there yet come over,why not let Guild "B" have a shot? Some guilds are just casual and play when they can and want to participate in a live event...so because they do not have the people on all the time to camp something that often they should be punished?