What is the headless horsemen respawn timer?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

So I get that this is a contested mob...but I'm tired of seeing the same guild camp him day in and day out, then SELL the loot. They aren't even using the loot at this point, they are selling it off. So many folks would like to kill this mob for the AA and aren't getting the chance...
  2. ARCHIVED-Kimiz Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Im sorry - why not take it from them?
  3. ARCHIVED-SirDinadan Guest

For the first few days of NoTD on my server, no one seemed to know anything about the Headless Horseman, and the poor guy would make his sad little march around Nek repeatedly until we killed him. After word got out about the items available, especially Hallow's Gallows, then he began being camped by guilds with the usual /shouts of anger and competition as they fought over spawns. I wonder what a level 20 must have thought at all that...
    But we had our chances at him, and although I strongly feel we never once 'camped' him.. it is certainly true that we killed him whenever we were there and he was around. So I'm not going to criticize someone else for playing by the rules of the game..
    It would be nice, however, if the developers would plan these 'contested' encounters of limited duration to at least provide for the possibility of some randomness outside a simple spawn timer. If I were implementing it, the Headless Horseman would spawn randomly somewhere along his route, and would auto-lock on the person offering him a necklace.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Kimiz wrote:
    Cause some of us tend to take our moral code into the game with us and fighting over mobs is not how I want to be in rl or a game. I would be very freustrated to see the same group of people in one spot for two weeks selling off rights to items they don't even want, but I"m not gonna shove my way past them. I would enjoy the kill not at all.
    But, that's my choice and I live by that and sleep well at night, and I am not going to request things be changed (though I agree a much bigger pop range for him and locking once necklace was taken) are great options.
    The people most inclined to enjoy the event (just for the kill or the trophy..items be darned) are the same people who will likely not fight others...but turn away....
  5. ARCHIVED-Kimiz Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    I guess that means in RL when you have to fight for a promotion you turn away and let the other person get it. I pushed my way to the front and took it, its a contested mob. But then again I am the same way in RL, it is prolly why I am so successful. Contested mobs are meant to be fought over, that is the whole point of them. Its a competition. Like fighting for that promotion or any kind of sport. Now I am not huge on sports in fact I never watch them but using that analogy your statement would be the same thing as a team not even going out on the field because they dont want to win the game over the other team.....I am sorry I dont get that.
  6. ARCHIVED-SirDinadan Guest

Kimiz wrote:
    A more apt analogy would be "I guess in RL when you're at a buffet table, you fill your plate with what you want and go back to your table.. instead of blocking everyone else from reaching the food."
    Just as I wouldn't expect a 700-lb buffet regular to show any mercy when the cooks bring out the next tray of lobster tail, I don't expect a camping guild to move aside out of a desire to consider themselves part of a larger community of players.
    And in neither case am I often disappointed.