What is the headless horsemen respawn timer?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Just curious... being seasonal and only around for less than a month.
    Not sure if he is an x2 or an x4, but either way I'd think there will be plenty of people hunting him tonight and this weekend. It'd be a bummer if he was on a really long or 'rare' respawn timer.

I wasn't on test so I'm not sure if it is a triggered spawn or if not what the time is on him. Anyone have any info they can offer (not strat or anything, just on the spawn)
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Ransagorthemerciless Guest

That doesn't answer his question..
    Respawn is about an hour,or one in-game day..not sure.
  4. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

You still need the necklace to spawn him, right? At least you did on Test.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

2-3 hours. Real time.

Update actually I looked at it wrong its a 1 hour and 30min respawn with a 30min variance. That makes him a 1-2 hour respawn.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

So much for having a shot at the trophy unless you're able to camp him 24/7.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I am a bit worried about that (for others, I was delighted to get a trophy from him this afternoon). THe items he drops are so good that trophy hunters might have trouble :( Hopefully people will let others into a raid if they don't need the trophy themselves.
  8. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

On Guk the spawn is being basically perma camped by a single group that is killing him and then auctioning the items. Too bad for those who otherwise might want to give it a try.
  9. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

bleh... this is the reason im not a fan of contesteds.
  10. ARCHIVED-RottenApple82 Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    This is what has been happening on Antonia Bayle as well, 1 group has been at the mob since about noon, til now 12hours, they have tagged 4 spawns at least.

They sit in the tree spamming aoes.

Sad part is they're all in T4+ or better from a Raiding Guild

Edit: It seems when he spawns, he takes a Necklace, or Multiple Necklaces...Why not have him lock to the person whos necklace he takes?
    Cause my necklace has been taken twice now, yet my mob has been picked up twice by the same group of fellows who don't even have the necklace anymore...they're just tagging the guy when he spawns.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

We gave up any hope of killing him on Guk, the group has him camped and rotates out people to keep it going and locking everyone out.
    The necklace isn't a problem for them or anyone, between spawns they can easily bring in a person with a necklace or even run the maze again to get one.
    This was very poorly thought out imo and could have been done better to let others have a fair shot at a spawn instead of having to give up because it can be perma camped.
    Good job SOE.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Yeah poor implementation of the x2 Horseman. Should've had some stipulations, or not been contested.
    Perhaps everyone needs the necklace in the group, and it is a turn in to spawn him with a lockout timer of once per day (like the solo shard mission)
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Its way faster than 2-3 hours. More like 45 minutes.
  14. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Why the hell is he taking the necklace if you are not locked to him?
  15. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    So that people who do not have a necklace can gank him from you and get the kill of course.
    Someone has to lose.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I will take a look at that on monday folks. I will see if there is a way to just have you force himt o trigger IF the time has passed and he will lock to who ever triggers him.
  17. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Very poor implimentation of this. Was there ever any doubt that this would be monoploized by a small group of people?
  18. ARCHIVED-shadowgate Guest

Yes, very disappointed in this. One or two guilds on each server control these.
  19. ARCHIVED-Mentin Guest

Just give him a non-repeatable kill-me quest that you get from him(or someone near him) by turning in the necklace, and move the items off him to rewards from the quest.
    Then everyone can get him once (controlling item flow) and it will not be possible to sell items from him. Then you can make him almost instant respawn.
    Having 1-groupable mobs with good drops as contesteds WILL create bad feelings.
    It is bad enough to have good-drop contested mobs at endgame raiding, but at that level it is more expected to have to fight hard for the goodies.
  20. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Another suggestion would be to just keep the Headless Horseman in game even after Nights of the Dead 2009 ends. I'm sure the few guilds/people who are keeping him on lockdown will eventually get bored and every guild/group will get a chance at killing him.
    I'd also like to see the weapons that he drops be craftable in the recipe book, so we can make them for appearance slots, obviously, make them "statless".
    Maybe move this mob into a "Shard of Love type" of a zone, and make it a heroic zone? Just convert the current Hollow Hedge maze zone into a perma 1 group zone and have the shinies and appearance armor, weapons, etc. be like the SoL zone concept.
    I really like the idea of fun, semi-easy zones that drop nothing but fluff/appearance/house items.