Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

So heres the thing
    Freeport has maybe two guilds that raid.
    Permafrost has maybe two guilds that raid
    Nagafen has probably zero guilds that raid so FP server winds up with maybe 4 raid guilds that are maybe or maybe not active that arent that great.

Nagafen people will move to FP then just abandon their characters and roll on Deathtoll so now we have a ton of dead accounts with our server sounds awesome(yes that is sarcasm).o_O
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is how I am expecting it to go, but that's just my guess. The whole "starting fresh" thing has been great on TLE servers, but I don't think it translates to servers where people have 11 years of memories accrued.
    Kittybock, Belenos, Prissetta and 8 others like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Freeport + Permafrost + Nagafen will still be a bigger server than AB, even though most Nagafen folks are on Deathtoll these days.
    Neiloch, Belenos, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

I dont care about which server is the biggest I care about how many raid guilds are on a server personally speaking.
  5. Katal New Member

6. Feldon Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if the number of successful raid guilds on each resulting server was a criterion.
    Kittybock, Belenos, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  7. Ozymundas Active Member

I stand corrected, maybe I'm thinking of the first merger... I started on Grobb so I agree with you completely that naming should not be based on who logs in first. That would be a travesty after all of these years. We need more reasons to stay, not another reason to throw in the towel.
  8. Juni Member

Well i looked at EQ2U and it seems i only have to worry about 5 of my names on one account and 4 on the other. and no issue with the 4 toons i call my mains.
    only 2 out of the 9 seem to be a major issue as those toons are in guilds above lvl 50 and decently geared. So i'd say they did a pretty good job at trying to mesh servers with the least amount of name Duplication.

All in all I'm happy with it.

and for those on butcher block and oasis that have the same names as i do. sense their not mains i'll be willing to work with them.

Thanks to Kander Holly Gninja and the rest of the Dev team for trying to pull this together with the least amount issues across the board.
    Belenos, Edelphia and Ozymundas like this.
  9. Baphmistra Active Member

I applaud some of the changes, and some I detest. Especially the one where you are changing the name, I've been on Freeport since it started, I never agreed to a name change, was never asked about it either. I couldn't care less if you did the actual merger, just let us keep the names the same.:mad: Not one of your brighter moves DB.:mad:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Sannuye New Member

For Crushbone, Butcherblock. Oasis, I suggest the names:

Rujark
    Kyrnok
    Lifire
    T'Narev
  11. Dannnni Active Member

Looks like the server consolidation will not help me much... I will have scraps of toons on all 4 servers ><
  12. Filly67 Well-Known Member

You're not making any sense. If they merge three servers how do you get to keep your server name? Many of us have gone through merges and while I found it to be unpleasant I dealt with it. How can you possiblely think that you agreeing to the change even matters?
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. sojuc New Member

since i am excited about the upcoming consolidations, i am dissapointed in same time to see with who permafrost merge with....i mean why not just put the rest of the pvp server (which are not many for sure) into AB since already alot of folks are there and throw permafrost and freeport in the other 2 new consolidated servers ,that will make it fair and balanced!
  14. Anunnaki Active Member

Probably not, but it does speak to how active of a population there is, to a certain extent.
    Dannnni likes this.
  15. Ipher New Member

24 top 100 guilds on Butcherblock, Oasis, and Crushbone.
    17 top 100 guilds on Guk, Everfrost, and Unrest.
    8 top 100 guild on Permafrost, Nagafen, and Freeport.
    Seems like its not that even of a split. Given raid guilds do not incorporate the entire population of a server, but I bet its a good reference to overall active populations.
    Jrel likes this.
  16. Tabri Well-Known Member

I know their devious plan they merge Freeport Naggy and Perma together then everyone will just pay to move to AB or other servers then they can make money off us then just shut that one server whatever it will short lived be down later.
  17. Tabri Well-Known Member

Edit posted in wrong thread too many consolidation threads :eek:
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Raiding guilds have jack all to do with active population. I've been in several 'raiding guilds' where it's 'raid force logs in at X time, raids, logs out', and you never see them until next scheduled raid. you can't look at the raiding guilds as even remotely a tool to judge 'active' population by.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

Why not Everstorm?
  20. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Welcome home Domino!!
    Katz, Ashlie, Marilia and 8 others like this.