Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Kendayar Active Member

BASED DOMINO
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Welcome back Domino!!! We missed you and are so happy to see you are back on the job.

All this server merge stuff doesn't make a lot of sense to me except as a way for DBGs to save money. Maybe that's because I play on Oasis, Splitpaw, and Test.

Of the three servers, I find it hardest to play on Oasis because there are so many other players competing for the same mobs and harvests. I spend a lot of down time waiting for respawns unless I wait and play in the wee hours of the night and morning. While doing this is possible I understand it is bad for the health and I should be sleeping then.

I hope that DBGs will consider making mobs and nodes spawn faster to accommodate the influx of players. We shouldn't have to put our health at risk, by playing when we should be sleeping, just to be able to play in a dungeon, harvest, or do writs/daily tasks, etc.
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Welcome back Domino!

About the merges: I think nagafen should go into Antonia bayle. The reason is simple. Half of Nagafen is alrdady on AB, our friends and Family could join us once again and nagafen has such a small Player base, it will not overcrowd AB.
    Blade Parker and Griffon Lady like this.
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

BRAVO and Amen to that!
  5. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I say go by time played and seniority of the account in question if there is a close tie. My main is a level 100 that I've played for 4 years, daily, and there is a level 10 with the same name that has been in existence for 2 years, but played very little. I would be very upset if that person got my name just because they have a 10 year old account.
  6. Edelphia Well-Known Member

what time are you playing on Oasis that is so crowded you can't harvest? REALLY? It's a ghost town, especially since the PVE server went live.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have characters on Butcherblock. They were originally on Kithicor, and have the title. I hope that the Kithicor title will be retained after the merge, even if we also get Butcherblock (which I won't use because it's not really very elegant).

Welcome back Domino! I hope now you're back we won't be saddled with the likes of ugly pygmy tribal house items any more!
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Armageddoux Active Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. kluxor Well-Known Member

I personally don't think its coincidence that a larger percentage of raiding guilds are weighted differently. Perhaps they're are attempting to promote raiding competition on the DoF servers, maybe even throw in some contested mobs in there. Meanwhile more casual style raiding guilds are on the EoF servers.

If it was intended that way, I personally think its a great idea, but if so I feel they should acknowledge it so this way the server's can have an identity and reputation.

Also not that big of a fan of the idea of three servers. As said numerous times, move rest of nagafen to AB because their population probably wouldn't be hurt by a small boost and split the other two.

Three servers:
    AB: The "original" big server
    DoF: The "competitive" server
    EoF: The "casual" server
  10. Armageddoux Active Member

As usual no one is happy and everyone is angry about his personal wishes which are not fulfilled. I did not know Domino (came in the game too late, she was already on EQNext working) but I am happy someone take the work on hand about crafting and housing.

All my wishes of success to her
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I've just had a quick look and 2, possibly 3, of my characters have duplicated names. I'm not that attached to any of these so not too worried, and 3 out of a total of 11 characters is pretty good.
    Edelphia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. ArgentGarou Member

13. Nolus Well-Known Member

Domino is one of the best devs ever. Especially in crafting. I'm pretty sure since launch, there has been no better crafting developer than her. imo, of course. So it's especially good news in a place that has been since neglected.

Oh and Welcome Back Domino, I think a lot of us here love you, you know in a friend kind of way. :p
  14. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have been playing on both Freeport and Permafrost and have a level 100 guild on Freeport and a level 74 guild on Permafrost. Obviously I won't need two guilds, so how do I go about selling the level 74 guild safely after the consolidation? And how much plat should I ask for it?
  15. Gigv Member

I guess AB will finish dying. It is practically dead now with only 50 to 60 level 100's at prime time.
  16. Tabri Well-Known Member

On our server (FP) the only people running groups are raiders, why? Well they want the ethereals, they want the wrist of auras, they want the shiny trinkets that casual players either have no clue about or care about.

Ignoring the raiding community will yeild results like these Im not listing all:
    1. Piling up all the hard core raid guilds onto mostly one server will cause massive raid zone lag not to include fighting over contested Avatars which will make people leave the game in frustration. Can you imagine a server with no raiders whatsoever forming/joining groups anymore and it is all causal what a travesty that would be.
    2. Freeport has 3 top raid guilds on that server they are struggling with raid attendance and cannot fill their rosters much less kill Avatars so now they are moving a bunch of decorators/casual players/and dead Naggy accounts with our server see the unbalance yet?

I will not comment on this topic anymore I will just watch it fail miserably when it goes into place. Maybe they should think about raiders and how much they dont have jack to do with population.
    Neiloch likes this.
  17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

So your complaint is your high end raid guilds don't have the force to kill the hardest of the hardest fights. and that without being put in a set where you can scavenge other raid forces that you deem 'worthy' ie the top 100 WW raiding guilds, your going to fail and crash and burn and the sky is falling. cause it's all 'casual'.

On oasis, the top raid guilds form groups. so do the casuals. lots of groups all the time. particuarly for the new fabled zones. I don't see a problem with that. yeah maybe there are more high end guilds in the other sets, but I don't see the issue other then you might have to step off your mountain and get some of those 'casuals' and gear and train them rather then try to leech the other 'worthy' players.

my guess is more the idea of the actual numbers of players, reguardless of who is in what guild, is what got the setup they did. not to mention they also tried to avoid as many name conflicts/social issues as possible. don't liek it? then transfer to a server now that you know is getting merged into the 'super server' of your raiding choice.

I don't care if my set gets 4 or 40 of the top 100. I've never going to associate with them in any scenario that is going to make a difference to me. and if they all cash and burn from lag issues or whatever, it won't hurt me one bit. I'll just keep on keepin on.

Raiding is NOT the be all/end all of the game. it is NOT the stick by which everything else should be judged. server merges should not at all, be subject to 'my high end raiding guilds are struggling to kill the hardest stuff cause numbers of players' if you still have one of the 'largest' populations that you just don't give a damn about.
    Eliohia, Rhodris and Beroli6 like this.
  18. Anunnaki Active Member

Yeah, I expected a response like ^ at one point in here. Tabri brought up solid concerns, and instead of being constructive, you went full on into "GOOD STICK IT TO THE RAIDERS I HATE THEM" mode. This is what will kill the good that can come from mergers. People like this.
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

My biggest worry is the name thing. TBH I don't really care what my new server is called - I've had to put up with the name Butcherblock which I dislike for so long now, despite choosing Highkeep originally and then losing that to a merge.

I don't think any of my names are taken elsewhere but doing a 'first come first served' thing seems grossly unfair. Not everyone can sit by their machine waiting for the new server to come up so they can log in and grab their names (or however it's done). People will be at work/out/asleep etc. First come first served in this case is the least fair option - imagine losing your name of 11 years because you were at work when the name grab opened and another person wasn't. Not everyone can take time off/rearrange their life for stuff like this.

It also means that some people could grief others that they have a grievance against by stealing their name on the new server. I'd love to think it wouldn't happen and no-one would be so petty or pathetic but sadly I suspect someone will be.

Account/char age should count for something, as should being a subscriber IMO.
    Edelphia, Rhodris and Ozymundas like this.
  20. Fulenstixx New Member

Bit sad to see this since im on Splitpaw and we really need a merge , i would not mind beeing put together whit Storms and Valor if thats something thats upcomming,or are we forgotten? any info at all about wots happening whit all of the servers thats not mergeing ?