Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOOT. I like that "no change at this time" bit. ;->

And:

"Wo-oh, Domino!!!! Lord have mercy!
    I said, wo-o-oh, Domino!" :D

"Hello, Dommi! Well, hello, Dommi!
    It's so nice to have you back where you belong
    You're looking swell, Dommi;
    I can tell, Dommi;
    You're still glowin',
    You're still crowin',
    You're still goin' strong!
    Dommi''ll never go away again!" :D (with apologies to Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald)

Uwk
  2. Daihlya New Member

Glad to see a post about this. Thank you Holly. Exciting news about the return of Domino! I missed you and all your creativity.:D
    I know some are unhappy about this announcement, and some like me are okay with this. I'm on Unrest and look forward to having more peeps to play with. I would like to know how the naming after the consolidation is going to work? How about it Holly any news in that department?

Now onto the names for server hmmmm.Kingdom of Sky theme -

1. Bonemire (one of my fav zones)
    2. El'Arad
    3. Harla Dar
    4. Doomsworn
    5. Venekor the Elder

have a great day everyone :cool:
    Seefar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Harla Dar is taken; it's one of the Russian servers. :-/

Uwk
  4. MichaelBB New Member

The last time they merged servers, if there was a name conflict, one player got an 'x' added to the end of their name. I don't know how they decided who got the 'x' but that is how it was handled iirc.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Name ideas for the DoF server merge set: Scornfeather, Takish'Hiz
    KoS server set: Blackscale, Ravasect
    RoK server set: Severilous, Veeshan
  6. Nevermind Member

Have Naggy merge with AB since there are so many of us there. I miss my friends.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

The problem this time is the way it's been worded every time it's been spoken about is that they are doing it differently and in some kind of first come first gets the name kind of thing. But nothing has been announced officially yet to the general playerbase. Apparently a few have spoken directly to Holly about it /shrug.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How about:

Fyr'Un for a DoF theme (or Fyrun if apostrophes are no good; but then again, Leeroy used one, so I guess they're okay? ;->)
    Overrealm for a KoS theme (or would that conflict with something technical/be too confusing?)

Uwk
  9. Daihlya New Member

well boo then...... boo I say ! well hmmmmm
    Oh I know ...Yitzik the Hurler :rolleyes:
  10. Ozymundas Active Member

It seems like in the past when the servers merged, naming was based on Creation Date taking priority and then only if active in the past certain amount of time. That seems like a reasonable way of doing it. For example, if player Opal on server Everfrost had a creation date of 01-01-2005 and player Opal on Guk had a creation date of 01-02-2005, Opal of Everfrost would keep the name unless her most recent log-in was over 6 months ago while Opal of Guk had logged in more recently.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully they'll take many variables into account; first-come/first-serve is just asking for it. :-/

Uwk
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, note to self...I don't have to worry about names on Splitpaw or Storms or Test. Check.

Don't have to worry about names on Antonia Bayle. Check.

Only have to worry about names on Crushbone and Everfrost. Got it. Only......21 names to check. ;->

Unfortunately, I don't do EQ2U Share stuff, so my folks won't be visible--but I guess I can change that, really easily, and "log in recently," too. ;->

Uwk
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

So some concerns on the server groupings.

The naggy/FP/perma group already looks like its DOA from what I hear from players. If its set on 3 groups there probably needs to be some shuffling.

I would probably also make sure CB, BB and Guk do not intersect/end up the same group and shuffle the rest to balance populations as much as possible. If things become so 'contested' that contested calls become a necessity again a lot of raiders are gonna quit outright (says the recruiting officer of a top raiding guild). It might seem self centered to base it srongly on raiding but raiders are also the ones that xfer the most.
    Jrel and Canth like this.
  14. Recn New Member

We're performing maintenance that will update your game launcher. This will not impact gameplay.
    If you have any concerns about the security of your account, you can always reset your password and ensure 64.your security question is current.

Do You Have Issues With Streaming Patching?

If you're having issues with streaming patching, go into your "Advanced Settings," go to Select Game Version, and check "Full Download."

[IMG]
    Roshen, Today at 4:09 PM
    #1 Last edited by Roshen, 4 minutes ago
    Problem there is no box to check Full download and i get a (404 - 64.37.169.11)
  15. Viif New Member

Welcome back, Domino! We missed you.
  16. willow Member

so since most all naggy players a playing on deathtoll right now , because its new,, and because its got alot of players playing pvp again and maybe for the first time naggy is quiet because of it,,, so you decide to come in here now and strip away our 100 lvl pvp and leave us with 50??? are you serious??? im serious when i say you should the Bong water. .. we built our pvp players to 100 and now you think were going to just be happy at 50??? WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE DO ALL DAY ?? LOOK FOR WAYS TO TEAR APART THIS GAME??? Better yet , just keep away and stop trying to fix it,, cause you all are just making it worse!
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Since most Naggy players have moved some toons already, they should just be given free server xfers to the PvE server of their choice for any remaining toons there instead of being forced into Freeport/Permafrost.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

The last server merger went like this:

Character Names

• In the event of duplicate character names as a result of this server merge, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days; if both characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which has accrued the most gameplay time overall will retain its name. Other characters will have an "x" added to their names until a unique name has been determined.
    • Players with a character whose name has been affected by the server merge can type "/rename" in their in-game chat window and receive a one-time complimentary name change.[10]
    However, it has been stated it was going to be different this time because it is not a server merger but a consolidation on a new server. It has been hinted that first come first serve (whoever logs on first gets the name). However, nothing official has been stated on the forums at least. There may have been something in chat on a particular server (I had heard that, but can not confirm), twitter, facebook, reddit or some other non- official posting place.

It'd be really nice to know that I don't have to worry about losing names I've had on characters I've played for more than10 years to a level 12 or some such or a herioc character made and barely played (that is really the case on my main character, that's one Finora that isn't me) just because I had to be out of town the day the server opened.
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

my 2 copper regarding names

DoF theme: Cazel, Lockjaw, Scornfeather
    KoS theme: Draco Mortuus, Bonemire, Devourer, Ravasect
    RoK theme: Chardok, Dreadlands, or shoutout to my original Eq1 Veeshan server :D
  20. Nixer Active Member

DoF Theme: Barakah, Siyamak, Anuk, Lockjaw {for NPC based names}
    Poet's Palace, Ahket Aken, Pedestal of Sky {for location based names}

KoS Theme: Fitzpitzle, Tarinax, Venekor, { for NPC based names}
    ... {for location based names}

RoK Theme: Phara Dar, Trakanon, Silverwing {for NPC based names}
    Veeshan, Kor-Sha {for location based names}