Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

It might help if so many raiders weren't so vocally disparaging of us non-raiders - they say 'casual' like it leaves a bad taste (let alone decorators - feels like we are viewed as the scum of the game sometimes) and seem to think that raiding is the only way to play the game. Non-raiders can indeed be just as bad - it is hard not to go on the defensive sometimes, on both sides of the debate.

All play styles are EQUALLY important and equally valid. They should all be considered in these merges. Raiders needs are not greater than Casual, or any other group or vice versa. We're probably all going to have to compromise a bit here.
    Belenos, Eliohia, Neiloch and 5 others like this.
  2. Strings Well-Known Member

I do not have any suggestions for names (unless you'd all go for Stringsville). I am not going to read this whole thread because it's quite long, so I don't know how the voting will work. But I think that voting for each server name should be restricted to only the people who are going to be living on that server.
  3. Yvonb New Member

I'm on curshbone and hardly anyone lfg in chat when I play. Do you guys on CB or oasis have a healthy lfg population?
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Everfrost, Guk, Unrest -> Hulo
  5. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

While I am very happy for those who are finally having their low population server issues addressed, this is my favorite part of this post:

" We are also thrilled that Domino – known as Emily Taylor – is back on the team to dig into the housing and crafting side of our game. Those who know her will remember she has very unique talents in that area of design!"

Can't wait to see what She's got in store for us!:)
    Juraiya, Prissetta, Enoibia and 2 others like this.
  6. Mowse Well-Known Member

This seems really true. Not enough play Naggy to help the other servers. I for one have no intention to PVE. My toons will sit and not contribute
  7. Kattarama New Member

Peacocks Revenge
    Edelphia likes this.
  8. Tabri Well-Known Member

I agree all play styles are equally important. The actual point is that the servers need to be balanced with all of the play styles not be piled up with just one of any type of play style it will cause problems and the way it is setup at the moment are raiders arenot balanced out so that play style is being completely skipped over. Nobody here is bashing any particular group of players either that I have seen except maybe Rainmaire going on a rant about hating raiders :eek:
  9. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

OMG DOMINO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We missed you SOOOO much in the crafting/housing community!

/happy dance!
  10. Sharann Well-Known Member

Domino back!!! Best news in a long time :) Eager to see what will be in store for us decorators/tradeskillers :cool:
  11. Buggabug Active Member

I'm better able to plan ahead a bit with this info so thanks for that. I have toons on every server except AB some of my names are probably in serious jeopardy, but that's okay cause I have a list of names that I wanted to make and haven't had the character slots. Maybe I'll get to use some of them, remember the people that matter won't care if you have to change your name, heck irl I've changed my last name three times and my friends still like me. :p
    Edelphia and Prissetta like this.
  12. Majic New Member

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but regarding resolution of character name conflicts - Paying accounts, should always have priority over "Free to Play" accounts.

Here's a suggested character population process for the new consolidated server:
    1. Create new Server (NS), which will be populated from Original Servers 1,2, and 3 (OS1, OS2 and OS3)
    2. Copy Toons from OS1 to NS
    3. Copy Toons from OS2 to NS and where name conflicts arise, the following rules should determine who keeps the name:
    a. Compare accounts choose winner based on the following priority: 1) All Access, 2) paid up with Krono, 3) Silver accounts no paid with Krono, then 4) unpaid FTP. If there is a "winner", they keep their name and the "loser" gets an "A" added to their name as long as it does not create a duplicate. If the new name is a dupe, add a "B" instead, and so on until a new name can be found. If it goes to "Z" then start with "AA", "AB", etc...
    b. If there is a tie in the above step, check if toon logged in within the last 60 days (result is yes or no and yes wins). Currently active toons (i.e., within the last two months) take precedence.
    c. If there is a tie in the above step, check if date toon first used the name (instead of just toon creation date to take into account for name changes and to foil some who may be gaming the system). Oldest use of the name wins.
    d. If there is a tie in the above step, check for adventure level. Highest adventure level wins.
    e. If there is a tie in the above step, check for tradeskill level. Highest tradeskill level wins.
    f. If there is a tie in the above step, check for time played. Highest amount of time played wins.
    g. If there is a tie in the above step, check for achievement score. Highest achievement score wins.
    4. Repeat for OS3.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Sharann Well-Known Member

We should be able to keep our names, period. Other games have mastered this.
  14. Foretold Well-Known Member

I only have one toon on Unrest, and her name is so unique I don't have any name worries, and even so, I really don't care. My big concern is AB...

I hope DBG has their numbers right, because AB's population has gone down a bit due to TLE servers, summer, and the long-in-the-tooth expansion. I really do hope AB's numbers are somewhat equal to the numbers of the other three servers. I don't want to play on a ghost server again... I moved 15+ toons to AB to avoid that... over the course of 5 or 6 paychecks :S

I sometimes feel like a server killer... I show up... everyone else leaves :S lol...
    Eles likes this.
  15. Eles Well-Known Member

why you have to kill the server? :(

Devs do you know if will be possible to move from AB to this new servers or this is only for the dying servers?
    Edelphia likes this.
  16. Musy New Member

I am concerned about the consolidation because of the names of my characters. I played EQ1 for the entire time it was running until EQ2 came out. I kept my names on opening day and have had most of the names for about that entire time.
    What's that make it? Since 1989? So about 25+ years and have been a paying/all access player for most of that. Most of my toons are 90+ and I can not understand why I should have to change any of my names for someone who's only been with the EQ franchise for less than 10-15 years. If it would go by whos had the name longer I could buy that and would have no problem changing names for my younger toons. But to make me change the original names Ive had for over 20 years seems just plain stupid and makes me think Daybreak is trying to lose its long time players.
    Edelphia likes this.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Instead of everyone guessing and worrying can one of the devs please explain exactly how the naming process/priority will work this time around. Obviously this is a major concern for everyone.
    Edelphia, Belenos, Katey and 6 others like this.
  18. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Trakanon
    Chelsith
    Kor-Sha
  19. Majesty Active Member

They know of the major concern since tons of people who don't normally post have asked and showed concern when this whole server issue came out. I'm trying to stay positive here but it should have at least been touched on with this announcement.
  20. Raenius Well-Known Member

Also pleasy clarifiy how you handle pvp-achievements.

Since you cant obtain them on PvE servers and there is no way for an existing character of doing so (Nagafen put to sleep, no xfer available) please give us either an opportunity to obtain them on PvE as well or change them how they are obtained to balance out points.

Cheers!