Upcoming PvP server - Info & Issues

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Kazooooooooooo, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

welcome to the banned club, you must not have been a "preferred user"
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

A beta test is not a free trial, the purpose of beta testing is not to attract new players. It is not valuable to have a bunch of false flag feedback from testers that do not know how the game works.

But that is just my opinion, maybe they will change their mind (or ban you) if you harass them enough. Also how are you even posting without a paid account?
    Siren likes this.
  3. TORR071 New Member

This is actually one of three accounts I own, since this one isnt capped on character space it shows up as it's my most recent played. most likely, if there is a requirement for one to be 'paying' in order to post, I have paid into SOE/DBG coffers more than most (real money, not krono bs) so maybe this is why I am able to post.. but I truly believe anyone can post regardless, as long as they have a valid account.
    back on the forum topic though.. open beta is in fact an advertising tool as well as testing tool. To think open beta testing isnt advertising is ignorant. ill leave it at that.
  4. For The Server!!!! New Member

I mean your going to have to subscribe to play on this server anyway not sure hwy someone would complain about having to subscribe to play the beta..
    Siren likes this.
  5. For The Server!!!! New Member

Is this server going to start from the beginning ?
  6. Trox New Member

The Beta is going to start with Classic, DoF, and KoS unlocked, so it stands to reason server will probably start there also (my understanding is KoS is when first PvP server opened back on the day).
  7. Trox New Member

No open beta is more about stressing the server to see if anything breaks when you have an influx of people. At this point in time DPG has a good idea of what their servers can handle, so probably don't need an open beta.

A closed beta is one in which you have a group of testers that have an investment in seeing the game succeed play the game, and report if they come across any game breaking bugs or abilities that need addressed prior to launch. This server participating in a closed beta with an active sub being the invested interest point, so as to make sure they are hearing from the folks that want it to succeed.

And I believe all of DPG forums are open to everyone, which has also been a point of contention on EQ's TLP forums.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Nuada Active Member

im for 100% Reach for swash more original style @Kander change it :)
  9. Satyr Well-Known Member

Not only have a couple of super toxic people been given an open license to harass people they don't like (i.e. leadership from competing guilds) on the official Discord; DBG actually rewards them by letting them beg for bans on people who bite back against the abuse.

This just turns the official Discord in to a giant, toxic cesspool and reflects poorly on the server as a whole, besides just being the most pathetic kind of highschool level bullying and tattling. At least RadarX just banned everyone.

Honestly it's already feeling a bit like the bad old days where devs played in guilds and were directly involved in boosting some people at the expense of others.
  10. For The Server!!!! New Member

what about botting? If i get killed one time by a group of botters I'm done They need to be clear it's not aloud from the beginning
    Hoiyay and Sixgauge like this.
  11. DefeatedZ Member

I'm not convinced botters will be banned on sight or anything. Kaladim is literally full of them and it's basically been ignored because....well; money?
    Poopoo likes this.
  12. For The Server!!!! New Member

they need to make it true box only, and start creating seperate servers for botters. it's out of hand even on kaladim. Feel like it would be even worse on pvp, it's cheating plain and simple
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I read that this server will be locked at level 90 at least for a wile , but it will be a permanent server , as long as enough
    people play .
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Obviously the devs don't agree with you. I'll leave it at that.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

From Discord today:

Dreamweaver, 200% Boss of Bord

The server will require a sub, so the beta will as well.

Schmetterling, Breanna and Zenji like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

good for them , I truly hope that the new PvP server will survive longer than a year or two , but at least it will be a subscription only club :rolleyes: .
    Happy now ?
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Spirit72 New Member

Huh. I'm an old EQer, Rallos Zek wayyyyy back in 1999. Never did more than fiddle around with EQ2. But this sounds like fun. Ok, I'll pony up 15 clams and give it a whirl :)
    Siren likes this.
  18. Vlahkmaak Active Member

So; same old arguments I see ;)
    Idklol and Darman like this.
  19. Maldaris Active Member

Haven't done EQ2 PVP since Venekor server back in the day (and certainly not when Nagafen became the PVP server). And I never did try a battleground, which is strange, because in other games, I only do battlegrounds (and avoid open world PVP like the plague).

As long as it isn't FFA, I have a spare character slot I can devote to the cause. Not sure which cause, but there's apparently time to choose.
  20. Balihai New Member

I like the idea of locking at TSO release.

-No two sets of gear. I'm okay with writs for PVP gear, as in gear you can buy with PVP tokens. But they should have all the same status as looted / dropped gear. The gear split is what drove the last nail in the coffin for me on naggy. At the time, I raided more than PVP'ed and uptil that point I could at least have fun and hold my own in PVP. After the gear split, it just got stupid. You can't switch out gear in a fight, and if I got ambushed in raid gear I literally had no chance.

This would be the biggest thing for me.