Upcoming Housing Improvements!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    since the housing improvement i get a window everytime i want to zone from the guildhall to my house(s); which is correct. What i also see is houses where someone granted me friend/visitor/whatever access, and some of them are not longer playing this game. Is there any possibility to remove myself from these access lists, so that my zone-to-house window list doesn't get so big ?
    Regards, theriatis.
  2. ARCHIVED-Aelfan Guest

Heattanu wrote:
    I couldn't think of a nice island zone that already exists, but I seem to recall during the April 1st festival (whatever that was called) there was a quest that involved picking up joke-shop articles in a very nice cove with a little island in it. I'd love to build a home there! I have toons that have got over the balconies in both Gorowyn and New Halas, and the zones are immense. A nice zone with mountains and/or sea around it would be much smaller.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Hmm, that would be a neat feature, I think...the ability to remove your own friend/trustee access from houses that don't belong to you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Layakilie Guest

just like returning a key . yes, i think that would be a great idea.
  5. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

I agree... I have several homes I have friend access to and they do not play anymore, and there is no method of removing myself from it
  6. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Aelfan wrote:
    I am all for this... I have often looked with longing at the fay grotto and thought that would be cool to have as a "house." They would definately have to change the way they set item limits though.
    Seagoat wrote:
    I am in the same boat. I quit the game and was gone for 4 years... and now that I am back, I find that homes of people I played with back then are listed in my guild hall portal to member housing... they even got the 30 days rent paid on their homes. If I could remove myself from their lists, that would be a cool feature.
  7. ARCHIVED-OlmEmbar Guest

I kind of like the portals. One suggestion, dont change them into other objects, at least right now. Use one of the city festival doors to go OVER the portal. Also can use a sign over the doorway or even an elevated book set next to the door as a sign for the address title. I plan on placing my cat's den in the Gorowyn basement this way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aelfan Guest

OlmEmbar wrote:
    Oh, I'm getting used to them now! In the horrible Everfrost home I created a temple for the kerran monks my daughter and i started. You would never imagine in was that dreadful frozen hole now! It has many amenities, like a number of imbued altars and a guild door, so the portal object has been placed in the homes of all of our toons, so they are only two clicks away from the guild hall, or a house anywhere in Norrath! As I said previously, it would have been really nice for them to have somewhere to store things there, a bank that anyone with trustee status can access.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sokande Guest

I definitely love the idea of the home portal system, it definitely does make getting from one home to another far easier (especially if u are visiting a friends home of an opposing alingment.) One improvement i would love fopr them to make it to increase the item limit size for all homes across the board. I recently purchased the thuragdin grand hall and was greatly dissapointed when the base item size is only 600. For a place that is as huge as this is ( it is bigger than the tier 2 guild hall, by my estimates.) it really needs to have a base item limit of 1000. I even bought the ecxpanders and the pocket dimension expander and it only went up too 900. For people like me that love to decorate and restructure the enteriors of homes the extra space is badly needed.
    Especially since SOE dev team, is always comming up with great new addtions to use in our homes. SO please bump up the maximum base item limit for all homes. Especially the ones we actually paid cold hard cash for.
  10. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Thurgadin Grand Hall item count desperately needs an increase. It should at least be on par with the Mistmoore Crag Estate which is 800 base, 1100 with expanders. I've /feedbacked this as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

Fix that hole in summer home!
    let us know in advance when the ceiling get fixed, so we need to move items?
  12. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Senya wrote:
    I've also /feedbacked this. The Thurg hall really should at least be comparable to the MMCE
  13. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

I'm seeing grass in the basement of my home at 4 Bayle Court. It comes right thru the wooden floor and carpets I have down there. Who decided to put grass under the house anyway?
  14. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

That grass showing in Qeynos housing is an old bug, if I remember right =P... I used to have a ton of weird grass growing in my attic at 2 Bayle Court.
  15. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

It only happends if you're on quality settings with flora turned on. I have the same grass in Freeport manor.
    /supports the above comments about the item count in Thurg Hall.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

those qeynos manors, you can see some part of house are crooked and some uneven.
    i would be happy if they going to give house districts a make-overs.
    there plenty of large buildings that are waste of lots and server no purpose than just for looks.
    we need merchant zone/district, crafter station, those current locations are too small, look too crowded and cluttered, i like those those crafter zones in basements, seem more room. crafter and merchant need their own building.
    also city faction merchant/guild merchants.
    those buildings look too 17th century, sort of very modern by designs, need for exotic medieval pre-15th century designs.
  17. ARCHIVED-griffon_lady Guest

Curiel wrote:
    Some of us have 16 characters on one account due to an inability to resist curiosity. XD Yay! Character slot tokens! XD (actually I know some with more. o.0) Some of those characters have names with bizarre spelling because the true spelling was taken. That is a PITA when you can have up to 20 houses on each character and you have to put every single one in one at a time. It takes a while, even if i put the correct spelling on a word processor and copy paste.
    AND each time I do it I have this fear that I'll spell it wrong, some jerk will have THAT spelling, get a message that they now have access to a house, and come steal every thing!!!! It hasn't happened yet, but EVERY time I add the list to a new house i worry about that. XD Yah, I know, slim to none chance, but I’m paranoid, ok? (In fact, I just spell checked this message and I had 14 typos.. 15 now, nope 16. >.<)
    Also, if an account has automatic trustee access it won't NEED to have the names in the access tab. It will be a setting coded into the account it's self.
    On a side note, I hope those who are against full account trustee access have their profile on EQ2players set to private, because any Tom, Dirk (couldn't post withthe orriginal name from that saying o.0) or Harry can look up one of your toons and find a list of your alts there.